A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,491
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pet Swap: Rodent Revolution 3 Gallery  (Read 3293 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011 03:06:47 PM »

Aww! Awesome goodies! I love the card theme!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

halblingefrau

Skillz. I has dem.

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011 09:59:09 PM »

So glad you liked!  Kind of irritated that the cards in the shadowbox came loose in the mail.  Guess I won't buy that brand of glue anymore.  Smiley

Yay for Gambit!  I still haven't gotten action shots of my kids with their stuff.  Ferrets are normally so still and easy to photograph.... NOT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog | Wists

PM me for personal swaps.
psychobillybutterfly

I'm a Psychobilly Nerd and Proud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011 11:18:53 AM »

I hae an Android phone and they have a great app called "fast burst" that takes super fast pics, or a couple per push, it helps get any kind of animal or kid pic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ugly. Is irrelevant. It is an immeasurable insult to a woman, and then supposedly the worst crime you can commit as a woman. But ugly, as beautiful, is an illusion. - Margaret Cho

My Wist - http://www.wists.com/psychobillybutterfly
My Pinrest - http://pinterest.com/sewsarcastic/
Songs4Drowning
lost soul livin' in a fish bowl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011 06:19:31 PM »

I received an awesome package from Caitydid and I'm sorry it's been so long to take pictures. I wanted to get action shots and we've had an emotional time lately. Early in the swap, we lost Sonea and then right around receiving we lost Freyja, who was my <3 rat. Both the girls were around 28 months, and struggled with chronic URIs through their lives so it wasn't a huge surprise, but our big cage feels very empty. We started working more aggressively on introductions between the boys since it had been around 2 months since their neuters and tonight we opened up the cage levels so that Christine could move in with the boyos. It's been a while since I've felt like making the cage super cute and the items Caitydid sent were so perfect!

First, she sent a rat "purse"! I had to explain to the boyfriend what a bonding pouch was for, and he seemed skeptical. Caitydid says that her rats love the one she has and sure enough, all three piled right in for snuggle time! I know the image isn't the best, but the photo opportunities were going very very fast. lol. They just popped up to look around and dove right back in!

The first of two hammocks - I love the Popsicle print! It goes perfect with our ice cream food dishes. Smiley

The second hammock and a sleep sack were done with a froggy print. The boyfriend said when we were opening the package, "Wow, she's got great taste in fabric." Normally he doesn't comment on things like that so I think he really likes the hammock prints!

I think they're really into the sleep sack. I normally put fleece blankies in their green trash bin to burrow in, but the sack has been occupied all evening!

The top and bottom levels all tricked out with Caitydid's creations:

She also tucked in a pack of Yogies for the kiddos. They went ballistic over them! After I passed them out, my hands were thoroughly licked clean of any Yogie residual flavor, ha ha! I think you are my rats' new favorite person, Caitydid! Thank you. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lrigrem

<3 HP, Twilight, Halloween

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011 01:33:08 PM »

So cute!  I love the froggy fabric, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ask a Gentern who they prefer, ten out of nine will say "The Pavi!" <3 Oghr!
Repo! The Genetic Opera R3 Swap
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=401054.0

http://pinterest.com/lrigrem/
Caitydid
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011 12:53:12 PM »

I received Friday! I LOVE everything I got, I will post pics soon! Some things broke in the mail unfortunately Sad But I tried to kinda glue them back together Songs4Drowning is AMAZING at painting ceramics! I love my new food bowls and treat jar Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Songs4Drowning
lost soul livin' in a fish bowl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011 02:28:23 PM »

Aww. Sad I was seriously hoping that nothing would break. I hope the glue job rescues things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lrigrem

<3 HP, Twilight, Halloween

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011 11:12:12 AM »

I received my package from bsonlytoots on Tuesday, killed my camera immediately after taking a million pics (ok, it only had like 11 minutes of battery life left), charged it, and work has been crazy.  So sorry for the delay in posting , but I'm just able to do it now.

Phoebe LOVED her package.  The second I sat on the floor she hopped right up to investigate.  She sniffed everything as I pulled it out (I had to immediately put the treats out of reach, as she started nibbling on the bag) and looked like she was having as much fun as I was!

I received:

A bunny-shaped cover to put over things, so Pheebs can knock them over.  Now, I can't remember if I ever mentioned that Pheebs in the morning used to have this routine where she would run up to my bf and knock over his coffee thermos & water bottle.  But she does.  And it's adorable & cracks us up.  So this is just too cute!

A bag with ties to hang from her cage, which she immediately hopped into when I held it up for her.  

(And then she climbed out & hopped ONTO it)

I think she thinks it's a game to knock it down now - I have to clean her cage before putting it up, but when I tested it to see it if would hang from the 3rd story (where her cage has it's "loft" ceiling of 2 floors tall - half the bottom level is super tall), she kept knocking the bag down.  It was pretty cute.  Cheesy  Here's a pic of it laid out nicely:

TREATS!:  The sweet potato sticks I think might rival her old favorite, banana chips.  She LOVES THEM.  (You'll have to scroll to the whole loot photos below, I couldn't leave the bags out for individual pics, she was trying to make a clean get away with them & I wasn't having it.) She got papaya & the sweet potato treats.  And a second package, a box of hay (Timothy Plus mangoes!), which she attacked me over, came a few days ago.  (Bsonlytoots: You should see if you can get a refund, if they were sent at the same time - it came quite a few days later.  Pheebs probably enjoyed it more then - sensory overload the day I got the 1st package!!!)

And MY treat:  the cutest little framed paper Phoebe.  The glass can be written on with dry erase markers.  I brought this & the markers into work the next morning.  It's FANTASTIC.

IS THAT NOT ADORABLE OR WHAT?!?!?!  (Sorry for screaming, but everyone here already thinks I'm nuts because of this thing.  I've been showing it off at work like it's a new child or something.  I think people are surprised I haven't started cradling it yet...)  I think it's fairly obvious which was MY favorite.  Smiley

The whole shebang:

Phoebe approves!

(Especially of the treats...)

Sorry for photo overload, but it's hard not to share that much cute.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ask a Gentern who they prefer, ten out of nine will say "The Pavi!" <3 Oghr!
Repo! The Genetic Opera R3 Swap
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=401054.0

http://pinterest.com/lrigrem/
bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011 08:14:37 AM »

Haha! I'm glad you liked your dry erase Phoebe!! And I'm glad she enjoyed her goodies too! I haven't been able to get on, and I forgot to message you that I got the box of hay back, it generally helps a package to get somewhere if you put the friggin address on it!!!! I put mine on it and forgot to finish filling it in! So i got it back at my door popped on a new complete label and sent it out again! I felt pretty stupid btw!! lol I'll be back to post my awesome goodies from Lrigrem as soon as they are uploaded!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011 09:27:03 AM »

Ok I'm back to share all the awesome goodies that Lrigrem sent to Penny and Patsy!!

They got some jingle balls .. they shove these around their cage, it is so funny to watch! It reminds me of Indiana Jones running from that huge rock ball!

A TON of treats! They love them all, especially the banana chips!

A corner cave!

A tube of hay and banana chips! Its funny to watch them with this too, one will pick it up (Patsy here) and accidentally knock the other with it! HILARIOUS!

A bunch of Apple Twigs ... Penny didn't quite understand theseat first. LOL

A cute little sign for their house! I love this!

And I got a cute little sign for MY house! LOVE this!

Thank you so much for everything! We LOVE it all!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
New Book by Kathy Reichs: 206 Bones
Author Ellen Hopkins Gets Real About Tricks
Tips from Bestselling Author Lee Eisenberg
Margaret Peterson Haddix Talks About Claim to Fame
Announcing Morbid Curiosity
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...