A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,794
Currently Running With Scissors:
756 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Selling my pictures, how to?  (Read 1009 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Maggiedoll
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011 07:16:51 PM »

What about DeviantArt?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilibet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011 01:45:00 AM »

Oh, I didn't know you can sell there as well... Should be interesting. Although I'm not so sure if my pictures are that crafty. I mean, I always associated DevianArt with 'real' art, like paintings, drawings, and that sort of stuff. But that might be my old interpretation of the website... The website that wasn't for me, because I couldn't (and still can't) paint or draw.

I checked Zazzle, but as I already said, I can get unto the Dutch one. Which was a big let-down, because the pictures that are being sold there are, well, *ahum* awkward, to say the least. A whole lot of the pictures on sale, are Paint art. I have no other name for it... People that have smashed around some colours on a computer, give it a name, and put it up for sale. But who knows, my pics might stand out big time...

Hey, a girl can dream, right Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
Maggiedoll
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011 06:48:18 AM »

You can put up anything you want on DeviantArt.  Literally, almost everything..  from Gimp and/or Photoshop brushes to photographs, pictures of costumes, digital art, stock images, backgrounds you don't mind other people using, poetry..  hence all the categories.  Wink  You can upload pretty much whatever size you want, define a license, watermark the full size version.  That's just the stuff that I can think of.. and I've never even used a paid account there. 

I put up some digital stuff way back when I was doing lots of GIMPing, and have put up some pictures of things more recently that I've sewn.  (I don't really use it a lot..  mostly I just stick pictures of sewn stuff up on my blog.  But DeviantArt is a pretty good place to share that kind of stuff too.  I always have to wait for my mother to visit to get decent pictures of anything!)

I'm not sure if it's necessarily a great forum for selling, but they do have the option to sell things that you put up in a big variety of different prints.  I don't know to what extent it's for painting and drawing, because those aren't really the sections I look in.  There's a lot of photo stuff, and a lot of photo manipulation stuff.  And a lot of photo manipulation aids like brushes and patterns.  So if you're needing to learn Photoshop it could be helpful with that too.  (Have you tried GIMP?  It may have a more of a learning curve than Photoshop, but it's really a great program, and free!  Although I stick to GIMP, so I can't really compare it to Photoshop.)

I haven't been looking at the artsy photography much lately because I'm usually on there to look at photographs of corsets and costumes.  It's certainly a great way of exposing your work to more people and seeing what other people are doing and all that jazz.  And then there are various groups with all different topics. 

I think it's meant for pretty much anything creative.  It definitely doesn't have an emphasis on sales, but it's definitely an online gathering place for all things artsy. 

It definitely isn't exclusive to painting and drawing. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011 05:31:16 PM »

Zazzle has been around for a while. I used to sell stuff off Cafepress until Cafepress decided artists could only make a lousy 10% off a sale. I moved to Zazzle about 2 years ago and my sales are 1/2 my income now. Most of my sales come from inside their website.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lauren Strasnick Reveals the Inspiration Behind Her Book Nothing Like You
Author Jon Scieszka Talks About Spoonfuls of Stories
The World of Philippa Gregory
Peter Akinti Talks About Forest Gate
Author Adena Halpern Reveals Her Favorite Movies
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...