A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,124
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Super Mario Birthday Party! *pic heavy*  (Read 8788 times)
Tags for this thread: super_mario  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cheerupem0kidx0x
« on: June 07, 2011 11:52:54 PM »

My son's 9th birthday is on Saturday and we are doing a super mario theme party. I have been working on some stuff since selection is kind of limited on mario party supplies unless you wanna order mostly overpriced online, and I am always looking for a good excuse to craft something especially if its nintendo related Wink So far I have finished the treat bags, painted a star pencil holder (a gift for him), started working on some star garland, and almost finished a yoshi egg pinata. Oh and made the invitations using an image I found on google and paint shop pro. I am also going to do some mario theme games...pin the moustache on mario, yoshi confetti egg toss, bad guy balloon bust, and whatever else I come up with before then. And I printed out mario coloring pages to give out as favors. I will add pics as I get stuff done, so far this is what I have pics of!

**UPDATE**the party turned out great! It was yesterday. The kids had a lot of fun with the games especially pin the moustache on mario and the balloon pop.

Treat bags-I saw these on etsy and figured I could make them...she had only 5 of the designs (mario, luigi, mushroom, yoshi, and princess peach but I did my princess alot different), the rest I came up with all on my own! I think they turned out really cute. Simple to make, just cut out paper and glued it to the bag. A few I hand drew details on and goomba I had to paint white paper brown cause for some reason the pack of construction paper had no brown.

all the bags

boo with a 3d tounge, piranha plant, fire flower

question block, princess peach, goomba

6 of the bags

chain chomp w/ chain

star, bowser, shy guy, bobomb...bowser and peach were probably the 2 hardest ones

mushroom, yoshi, mario, luigi

Star pencil holder-found this at hobby lobby in the wood section, painted it yellow and added the eyes. also really simple! gonna have to go back and get another for my computer desk lol I want to keep it for myself!

Birthday invitation-googled mario birthday, found an image (I think on deviantart) and added the text with paint shop pro. Obviously on the real invitation my address and phone number arent blurred out Wink

The party!

birthday tent all decorated. I printed the stars out on cardstock and just taped them up. Drew the faces for boo and chain chomp on the balloons. They also had gold coins in them, and then the kids popped them and whoever had the most coins won a prize.

the party table with presents, treat bags, yoshi egg pinata, and confetti filled yoshi eggs for the yoshi egg toss game. One had a star in it and the person who got it won a prize. They threw them at a picture of bowser.

yoshi confetti eggs

boo and chain chomp coin filled balloons

the cake! ordered the edible image on ebay and just had them put a border around it at the store.

about to hit the pinata

pin the moustache on mario

yoshi egg toss

bad guy balloon bust

« Last Edit: June 12, 2011 10:46:48 AM by cheerupem0kidx0x » THIS ROCKS   Logged
nilmerg

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011 12:59:11 AM »

Love them, this rocks! And apart from teh fact that they were probably a bit more time consuming to make, probably no more expensive than bought bags.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

owlet
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011 06:25:55 AM »

How cool is that! Those bags turned out fab, your son can count himself lucky Grin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

+++some owls wander by mistake+++

http://bohemiancrafting.blogspot.com
cheerupem0kidx0x
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011 08:40:27 AM »

thanks! The bags cost $2 for enough supplies to make 40 of them! they took a few hours, maybe 3 total so not too horrible on time either.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 08:42:07 AM by cheerupem0kidx0x » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kurzes_haar
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011 09:56:25 AM »

Love it!!! Now I know what I want to do for my 25th birthday  Cheesy

A word of caution: did you contact the artist of the image on DeviantArt and ask permission? Most will be honored, but some might get ruffled feathers if you don't ask.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jack: Who has a sonic screwdriver?
The Doctor: I do!
Jack: Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks, "Woo, this could be a little more sonic."?
The Doctor: What, you've never been bored? Never had a long night? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?
cheerupem0kidx0x
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011 10:48:01 AM »

Added new pics of the party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PrincessJasmine
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011 02:38:21 PM »

Everything turned out cute! Thanks for sharing Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xtal
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011 02:42:28 PM »

looks like that was a lot of fun
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amanda_Knauff
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012 07:29:00 PM »

Wow, I love the yoshi eggs and the pinata! I so want to do it for my sons, but its and indoor party......
THIS ROCKS   Logged
drogjami

Life is Perfect With a Cup of Coco

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012 03:23:13 AM »

As a big fan of Mario Kart, I am jealous I couldn't have a party like this when I was a kid. Great job! Love the Yoshi eggs idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Corner Desk... A Must For Home Offices.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Holiday Party Appetizers - Baked Dill Delight
Holiday Party Appetizers - Warm Raspberry Brie
Holiday Party Appetizers - Artichoke Dip
Quick & Easy Holiday Party Appetizers
How to Finish Steaks on the Grill
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...