A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,949
Currently Running With Scissors:
724 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craftster Sockalong 2011  (Read 19594 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SciFunk
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2011 05:34:40 PM »

Lovely inspiration! I better get knitting on mine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faux_Valentine
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2011 08:45:40 PM »

Thank you both! i loved the look of the Paraphenalia socks i wish i could have a pair but i will never knit them again. to get gauge i had to knit on size 0's and im a big fan of color work and not so big a fan of cabling. i will probably never knit these again but i love the look of them.

My next project is Knitty's Garden Gate Socks while i wait for knit picks to get back to me with the eratta i've requested twice now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2011 03:44:38 AM »

I've knitted a heelix heel! And cast on the stitches for the instep... and... um... I think I miscalculated my size so it's sitting in my knitting bag while I decide if I should rip it back a bit or try to frankenstein it to make it work anyway. But sadly I think I made one size too big due to gauge issues. Other than that it's a fun and challenging pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Faux_Valentine
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2011 06:51:07 AM »

annchen, I love the look of the double helix and i get the concept kinda but I'm nervous it will be too difficult to start on my own, what do you think of the pattern and directions so far? I'd love to see the progress you've made on these socks so far
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2011 11:52:37 AM »

It wasn't too bad actually. There's a video showing the first few rounds and the directions are very clear. I did need to have the instructions in front of me when I knitted the heel, but it wasn't hard to do. My mistake was not getting gauge... as usual Wink I still haven't decided if I should rip back or continue and hope I can fix the problem. I think I'll knit a bit more and practice on the decreases since I'm doing it the hard way and continuing the foot and leg in a helix pattern too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beccabadger
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2011 04:45:20 AM »

Can I join in? I've just finished my first ever sock and now have the bug. I'm already looking around for more yarn and thinking about how to modify the pattern. I better start the second first else I'll be forever wearing odd socks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2011 06:42:39 AM »

Can I join in? I've just finished my first ever sock and now have the bug. I'm already looking around for more yarn and thinking about how to modify the pattern. I better start the second first else I'll be forever wearing odd socks!
Of course!  As long as you completed your socks within our summer timeframe (June 7-Sept 22).  We would love to see your socks! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beccabadger
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2011 08:43:16 AM »

Of course!  As long as you completed your socks within our summer timeframe (June 7-Sept 22).  We would love to see your socks! Grin
Yep, I only started around 27/28th July.

I know I was warned sock knitting was addictive, but I didn't realise quite how much! I'm loving everyone's socks by the way. Mine are a really simple pattern but I'm using self patterning yarn so they still look a little interesting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2011 02:25:52 PM »

I've got my first official finished pair! (and a start of a second one)

Started: June 17 2011
Completed: August 8 2011

Pattern: D-Man (free on ravelry)
Yarn: Qualitas Sock, a bit less than 2 skeins used.
Mods: I made a reinforced heel since I nearly always do that. Every other stitch is slipped on the "knit" side of the heel flap to make it thicker and sturdier and I just knit the flap to the length it needs to be and pick upp stitches accordingly. The toe is also modified since I don't like round toes. I tried to let the pattern continue on the toe, but it's hard to see.

My Ravelry project page

The small sock in the first picture is for my 1 year old niece. It's going to be a bit too long for her foot, but I figure she'll grow into it sooner or later. I used some sock yarn leftovers (Fabel from Garnstudio/DROPS) in two colourways and just had some fun with it. Next sock will be red/rust/orange with the teal/orange as toe and heel instead. She's one year old, she can pull that look off Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beccabadger
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2011 02:54:56 AM »

Yay, I've finished my first ever socks! Mostly they're fine, although one has two small holes where I turned the heel.

Pattern: Free with all sock yarn from Get Knitted
Yarn you've used and how much (meterage, yards, skeins, etc.): Superba, 100g ball though I didn't use all of it
Start date: Around 27th July
End date: 23rd August

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Pig Puppet
How to Create Your Own Dragon Puppet
How to Make a Shadow Puppet
How to Create Puppets Out of Wood
An Easy to Follow Guide to Puppet Making
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...