A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,522
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craftster Sockalong 2011  (Read 18102 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2011 02:03:03 AM »

I've made a lot of progress, mostly thanks to several long train rides. It's so nice to just sit and knit and look at the landscape outside. I turned the heel this weekend and I'm just plodding along with the foot at the moment. Long feet Tongue I haven't decided what kind of toe to use but I suspect I'll just do what I usually do. The toe in the pattern (D-Man) would mean no grafting and I *like* Kitchener stitch. It's one of my favourite parts to close up the toe nice and seamless =)

I'll try to post in progress pictures soon because I'm getting really lovely pooling in a swirling pattern from this sock yarn. Perfect! I wonder how sock number two will look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2011 02:06:32 AM »

Bwahahahaahhaa! I managed to get my hands on the Triton sock pattern, so I think I'll give that a go as my next ones. So. Frigging. Excited. Even if they're not toe up. Undecided

Woot! That's great Smiley Hmm... I think I need to stop knitting and drive to work. No fun Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
theatreorchid
Craftssassin

Just kill him with your awesome.

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2011 10:25:04 AM »

I've been busy with swaps and haven't started my socks yet, but one package is going out on Friday and the other one next week, so soon I'll be FREE! Smiley  Nearly sock time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SciFunk
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2011 06:11:29 AM »

Looks like I'll be working on two different sock pairs at once. I want to get started on the Triton pattern, but I'm in the middle of making some fuzzy ridiculous socks with super bulky yarn. They seem silly right now, but they'll be awesome come winter. Pictures of my first pair coming up, really! Charging my camera battery, they'll be here soon.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011 02:07:49 PM by SciFunk » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lesie
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2011 08:49:10 PM »

I'm in.  I know I'm a little late joining but I need a project to work on while at the lake next week and this is perfect.  I've been meaning to start a new knitting project to do some stash busting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
theatreorchid
Craftssassin

Just kill him with your awesome.

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2011 06:46:05 AM »

I started crocheting my very first pair of socks on Friday, using this pattern.  So far I'm about half done with the first cuff, lol.  I'm a slow crocheter. Grin  My yarn is just some cheap 50% merino 25% bamboo 25% nylon blend I got at JoAnn, but I figure it's good enough for a first pair. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sophieangele
Two-headed girl

lacing fingers through the notches of your spine

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2011 08:22:51 AM »

I've actually finished two pairs of socks, but I can't find my charger so I can't post pics Sad Argh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SciFunk
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2011 02:06:53 PM »

So excited to post these. Are you ready? Are you ready?!

Okay, I'll be the first to admit they look a little weird. To be fair, this is only my second pair of socks I've ever completed. They're made for a dude, so I made them a little large on my feet, and I hope they'll fit him. The leg of the sock is super stretchy, which is why it looks so narrow in comparison to the foot and heel. I'm so glad they're done, I plan on giving them in October for the guy's birthday. He's knit at least one pair of socks himself, so even if they don't fit perfectly I think he'll wear and appreciate them.

Knit using Patons Kroy socks Jacquards, in the denim colorway. The label recommends size 3 needles, which is what I used. I love the looooong (40" in this case) addi Turbos; they're great for the two at a time toe up sock method. The pattern ("Simplicity") is from the toe up two at a time book. I hope you're inspired to finish and post yours! I'm excited to churn out my next pair and get it up here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

clumsy_momma
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2011 04:58:10 AM »

Oh, those are super cute and not bad at all! You can't tell that your new to sock knitting. You should see my first and second pair  Embarrassed I tried out socks with the worst pattern instructions EVER and it did not go well...Awesome job! I like the colors. I'm still stuck at only having a pair and a half done because I can't say no to swaps...Its horrible, I know. I still need to take pictures of my 1.5 pairs to post on here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2011 08:50:09 AM »

SciFunk, your socks look fab!  I adore the colorway. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
World-Renowned Origami Artist Brings Iconic Music Artists to Life
How to Make a Paper Boat
How to Make an Origami Box
How to Make an Origami Jumping Frog
How to Make an Origami Fish
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...