A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,470
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craftster Sockalong 2011  (Read 18046 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2011 11:32:46 AM »

Pair number two is done! Sally's socks Smiley

Started: June 16, 2011
Completed: June 21, 2011
Pattern: I just made it up... It's 44 stitches for the leg, k2p2 rib that continues on the top of the foot. Heel flap knitted over half the stitches and a plain heel. The toe and heel are knitted in contrasting colours.
Yarn: DROPS Fabel in two colourways I had leftovers from. These doesn't take much yarn...
Comments: They aren't identical... I think one is shorter, but they're probably a bit to long for my niece. But it doesn't matter since she will grow eventually.
Ravelry link: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Annchen/sally-socks

I'm still knitting my first heelix. I might finish the first sock before the 22th, but I don't think I'll manage to make a pair. If I had knitted the leg it would be long enough already, but I think I'm making the foot. Not that it matters if I suddenly change my mind. Heh... Very adaptable socks since the heel is knitted first!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crendon
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2011 10:09:59 PM »

Well, I'm throwing in the sock....I couldn't get past messing up the pattern on my Catnip sock (which is a GORGEOUS pattern), and the whole sock knitting thing is really aggravating to me right now. My husband finally pointed out that maybe I shouldn't have to be yelling at my crafts so much lol.  I may give socks another try sometime after Christmas, but everyone on my gift list requested wraps, scarves, & mittens, so I'll be working on those instead. Looking forward to seeing everyone's creations though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2011 12:41:33 AM »

Heh... When I get to that point (I don't usually yell, or maybe I'm good at forgetting those moments) I usually stick that project in a bag somewhere and knit something more enjoyable. Sometimes I pick it back up later when I'm not angry at it anymore, sometimes I decide life is too short and frog the project.

Perhaps you can find a more forgiving pattern on your next try. I still have a sock leg kicking around from when I wanted to make my dream sock (that was a bit too complicated at the time). One day I might finish... or frog.

I'm sooo tempted to start knitting under the pharmacy desk right now. 2 paying customers the last 1,5 hours... And two who entered the pharmacy, browsed and then left. Booored! I wish I had a crochet hook... easier to sneakily craft and then toss it in a drawer if someone comes in (ok, I've only done that once while working here).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2011 07:02:50 AM »

Annchen, I absolutely adore your mismatching socks!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011 07:03:21 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

clumsy_momma
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2011 04:05:49 AM »

Annchen, I absolutely adore your mismatching socks!

I agree! I think those are adorable! Such a cute idea and they look comfy.

I've only gotten two of the planned five pairs of socks done this summer..I can only handle small yarn for so long with my hands. However, I have been knitting like a madhatter all summer so I'm still pleased with myself. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beccabadger
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2011 01:30:49 AM »

I love the patterning in those socks, they're so cool!

I may only get two more pairs done. I'm over half way through one pair and have some cool yarn for another. I have plenty of time and I could do more but I can't afford any more yarn at the moment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beccabadger
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2011 02:44:39 AM »

Yay! My second pair of socks is done! They're really thick but that's good as this house will be freezing in winter.

Started: 24th August
Finished: 8th September
Pattern: A combination of the one free from Get Knitted and this one, modified slightly for a smaller size as I was using chunky wool.
Yarn: Two balls of Robin chunky, although I think I have enough left from each to make another pair in inverse colours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2011 10:18:10 PM »

I've got 5 more days to finish my first pair of socks. I wonder if I can make it in time. I'm doing two at a time socks on dpns. Making twilight from the two at a time socks book but in Aloha Multi from knit picks. At least if they're too big for me they're not a girly colour so fh can wear them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2011 12:29:32 AM »

Yay! I got to the heel tonight. Just have to work them then the scary heel turn and gusset, foot, and toes. It feels so close but sounds so far away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beccabadger
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2011 02:57:31 AM »

I'm sure you'll make it PenguinSoup!

Just to let everyone know so they don't get confused, I'm sg1psychopath but have had my username changed as I think it used to be a bit weird!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best Model Off-Duty Style at NYFW Spring 2014
Steal Her Style: Lea Michele
Dress For The Job You Want
Sarah Jessica Parker Debuts Shoe Collection
FIRST LOOK: Calvin Klein Collection - NYFW Spring 2014
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...