A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Three Tiny Movie Things Rnd 2  (Read 8085 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bobbinalong
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2011 03:53:16 PM »

All those Pixar things are excellent, I love the cockroach (first time I get to say that with a straight face). 

The Dr. Horrible air freshener makes me laugh, that's too cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
desired constellation
fire eyed girl

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2011 05:07:54 PM »

Ok so this is my package from SilverMoon, I love what she sent! She sent me 4 things plus a nice letter. The package included: 1)A framed fabric portrait of a Marie Antoinette looking lady. I love the antique frame! 2)A rubix cube with images from Coppola's Bram Stoker's Dracula. How awesome is that. I don't want to move any pieces for fear of never being able of put it back together lol. 3)A creepy angel from La Belle et la Bete. This is my favorite piece that she made. I love how scary it is. Unfortunately one of the wings broke off during transit so I'll have to glue that back but after I do it's definitely going up in my room. Finally, she sent this felt covered Marie Antoinette inspired hand mirror with cute lace, bow and butterfly details.

Thank you so much for the goodies SilverMoon! Great first craftster swap experience.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2011 05:25:32 PM »

Oh noes! Right, that's the last time I make crafts out of plaster to send overseas. I thought being the heftier piece out of the two moulds I had to choose from it would survive better! I don't know what glue you'd use - we always either make a new one when we break something during crafting, or fix it with wet plaster. I seem to remember that superglue won't work Sad
Glad you liked everything though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carinafox5

yes, husband, I spent THAT much at Hobby Lobby 0:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2011 06:56:02 PM »

Prepare to be amazed, astonished and super jealous! ...

I am soooo relieved that you like everything Smiley I thought to myself that I'd probably never be able to send a cockroach as a friendly gesture ever again in my life lol! So, I'd better take advantage now! Wink As for Boo... I adore her, too lol. She's too cute! So, that was a no brainer! I am not the best at embroidery, but... I try.

Now.. the house. That thing took on a life of its own. I had no pattern.. I just started cutting and folding.. I found some shingle templates.. but, nothing that I was in love with. Sooo.. I went to work with much cardstock, markers, colored pencils, crayons and a ton of glue sticks with my trusty glue gun. This was all after the process of gluing pages together in the book and cutting out a window and copying a page she talked about in the movie that she ripped right out of a library book lol..  and tried to replicate as best I could the front with a rectangular book. I know Carl's house turned out a bit wonky, but it was my favorite project I have done in quite a while Smiley Thought it looked like she may have made it! My son, on the other hand, really loved "his" little Wall-E watching buddy! So, I guess I will be making another one Wink
here are a few extra pictures in larger form... hopefully I did it right and you can click the links to see them opened up larger.
House:
http://www.boomspeed.com/wilcoxen/DSC06222.JPG

http://www.boomspeed.com/wilcoxen/DSC06223.JPG

cockroach:
http://www.boomspeed.com/wilcoxen/DSC06244-1.JPG

http://www.boomspeed.com/wilcoxen/DSC06242.JPG

Boo:
http://www.boomspeed.com/wilcoxen/DSC06229.JPG

Together:
http://www.boomspeed.com/wilcoxen/DSC06256.JPG

Thanks for picking some fun movies to craft to Smiley I enjoyed making every part of this swap Smiley

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011 06:56:40 PM by carinafox5 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Forget Edward and Jacob...Team Jareth Smiley
http://wists.com/carinafox5
jonnamarco

Shave us Messiah!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2011 08:32:53 PM »

That Up book is amazing!

I finally got a pic of the item that ironic sent in her second package. A Hunger tin:

Thanks ironic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calixita

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2011 09:43:26 PM »

The Up house is amazing!!!   Shocked  I am super impressed, Carinafox5!!
And I love the Hunger tin!  Mmmmmm....Bowie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

r0ckwithme
rock with me

rock on!

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2011 12:45:42 PM »

Here is what i received from CassandraChaos! It's all very unique and i love how she displayed it all.

all wrapped up with card on top:

Requiem for a dream (bracelet):

Evil dead (necklace):

Dead Alive (pins):

Thank you so much! I'm excited to rock these goodies this weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

give me some sugar baby...
love me some personal swaps!
desired constellation
fire eyed girl

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2011 03:53:39 PM »

Oh noes! Right, that's the last time I make crafts out of plaster to send overseas. I thought being the heftier piece out of the two moulds I had to choose from it would survive better! I don't know what glue you'd use - we always either make a new one when we break something during crafting, or fix it with wet plaster. I seem to remember that superglue won't work Sad
Glad you liked everything though!

Yeah I was thinking of gluing it back together with crazy glue but I guess that won't work? boo. :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2011 05:26:04 PM »

So happy you like it all ChameleonHound!!

That mirror and Rubix cube is awesome!  I love the UP book and the cockroach is priceless.  The Requiem for a Dream (love that movie) bracelet is fabulous!! I love the way they are displayed too on the cards!  Wicked awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
105/50 swaps
88/50 friends/family
193/50 total
carinafox5

yes, husband, I spent THAT much at Hobby Lobby 0:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2011 05:49:44 PM »

I received from costumesaremylife today... and boy did it brighten up my afternoon Smiley I absolutely love every little bit of it Smiley and my youngest son has run off with a certain stuffie already Wink
Thank you costumesaremylife!!

Without any further delay... here are my awesome goodies!

First up, a comical hoop for my LotR obsession! I knew right away what it was and the exact scene it came from! I love it!!

Second, right from my wist!!!! A set of 10 pebble magnets including Labyrinth characters!! AND even a Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole one .. AND a UNICO one!!! I absolutely adore Unico! And, it's a safe bet that nobody else has Unico on their fridge!

Third, and my son's favorite... a very cute and well made little felt stuffed owl (looks like Soren to me ^_^ ) He is now hidden somewhere, as my son thinks it belongs to him! lol

She even sent an extra... a mini metal lunchbox for my littlest guy and myself to decorate. I am thinking we will do a safari theme and put his take along buddy in it Wink (We allow him to take one model/realistic miniature animal with him when we go somewhere.. He says "Get friend?" lol Soo, perhaps he can make it up like a little travel case for his "friends".
and she included a pretty handmade card:

Here is a shot of all of my goodies all together!!

and, here is an action shot of my little monkey hiding the little stuffie, Soren, inside his toy dragon's egg!

Thank you so much costumesaremylife! This was a fun swap!  and an added bonus... I get to take something off of my wist! WOOT!! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Forget Edward and Jacob...Team Jareth Smiley
http://wists.com/carinafox5
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nikon D3x - Unboxing
How to Shoot an Inexperienced Model
What is a Lifestyle Shoot
lighting technique - Dean Collins
Headshot Lighting Techniques
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...