A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,492
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bitchen Kitchen  (Read 2133 times)
Tags for this thread: kitchen  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LTR450GirlOrl
« on: June 06, 2011 06:05:26 PM »

I bought a house last year that was built in 1971. The previous owner left all sorts of good stuff behind which I plan on incorporating throughout the house. I bought the house from the original owner so 30+ years of goodness. Since day one, I imaged this amazing kitchen to be green, brown, and white. A couple of months ago my best friend bought me a Kitchaid in the most perfect color of green... and that is what started the itch. Finally this morning I wake up and decide I can't spend the day bored. I want to bring a 70s-ish theme, so far so good. The project is still in progress due to forgetting I had to paint the popcorn ceiling (which tacked on 3+ hours to my painting), along with a discover of mold which we have treated. Hoping to finish painting this weekend. I do however now have overwhelming green wallspaces so I am trying to figure out some brown elements to incorporate. Now on to the pics...

Before

During

Current
I will be painting "This Kitchen is Bitchen" here

This table will eventually be going by the window in the room. I still need to add a few coats of poly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not a real sport unless you can die from massive internal injuries.

http://i31.tinypic.com/14uja81.gif
Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011 06:47:30 PM »

that table is Bitchin! but I do agree that the green is fantastic - good choice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
Megzy818
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Happily married to my best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011 08:16:58 PM »

love it! My daddy got me that same color kitchenaid mixer for Christmas! Cheesy I want to decorate a kitchen around it too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud ARMY brat and NAVY Wife!!! 08/05/08
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1414000172&ref=profile
Hippos are my favorite Smiley
amber.hope
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011 08:37:55 PM »

I am in love with your kitchen! And btw I also adore the couch in the background of your kitchen table pic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mollypop
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011 09:11:00 PM »

Your stove looks so surprised! I love your kitchen so much! Also, super jealous of your kitchenaid. I love mine, but it isn't counter-worthy, as my grandmother (who lovingly gifted it to me for xmas) is quite fond of the blander things in life. Plain white. Bah. My house was built in the 30's and is around the size of your average postage stamp. I'm afraid any sort of painting would make it seem even smaller. Lucky youu! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LTR450GirlOrl
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011 06:16:21 AM »

Thank you for the compliments! I can't wait to finish it this weeked Smiley The table is one of my favorite things. We found it as a coffee table at my local thrift store. It was destined to be bar height so my fiance made a base for it and we restained the whole thing, cant wait to actually use it. I just hate polyurethaning so I've been putting it off, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MarsCrafter
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011 12:47:57 PM »

I love the color you chose, it's going to be really cute once you get the table in there too. :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ravenwitch
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011 01:54:36 PM »

I never would have picked that color but it looks amazing!  And I love your table.  I can't wait to see the whole thing put together and finished.  You are a fabulous designer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dai-chan
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011 03:36:04 PM »

LOVE that green! Bright colors are so happy.

Can't wait to see the finished product! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LTR450GirlOrl
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011 06:54:36 PM »

Mondays are my only day off so today I finally got the kitchen to 90% done. The only things I have left are to finish the poly nightmare gear table and to find a sweet curtain along with a piece of artwork. Yay for having the hard part done!!!

This is the view standing by the oven, looking toward the dining area

This is standing at the dining area looking towards the stove/sink. I have no idea what do with this wall.

Another view from the dining area

Standing at the oven looking toward the sitting area and foyer. The folding table in the photo will eventually be replaced by the gear table. I also need some curtains for the window, but I'm not quite sold on and idea yet.

Sitting by the table staring at the dogs area and purse/misc item catcher area. Also a wall just screaming for a piece of artwork. We're getting married eventually and I'm seriously thinking about doing a thumbprint tree guestbook, just so I can hang it here, lol

And the view from the foyer of the overall room. The green area above the oven will have the "This Kitchen is Bitchn'" phrase painted on it sometime in the new future. Update pics will definately be added.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011 06:59:28 PM by LTR450GirlOrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Get Red Carpet Dresses
How To Dress Up For a Big Night Out
Celebrities Reveal Their Fashion Tips
Must Have Solutions to Look Chic in the Rain!
Featured Blogger: Jenny Wu of Good, Bad and Fab
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...