A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,224
Currently Running With Scissors:
651 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: pricing and website - I feel like slamming my head into a wall  (Read 1541 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

montsa007

22 Year old guy who likes craft!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011 03:05:43 AM »

Try to add the 'On Sale' tag on the products Smiley with a price comparison
Ex. "Was $xx" Sale Price $yy
This trick works well :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got 5 Minutes to spare? - PM Me for free craft Ebooks Smiley
CraftyLadyLiz
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011 08:42:30 AM »

I haven't done that many shows, but one I have done three times.  I have started with non-juried craft shows to gauge people's reactions.  Less is more, in terms of items and prices, but not in terms of friendliness.  I also watched how others did it, and learned. 

This year, I bought some tables of my own and set up the table weeks before.  It took up an lot of space in my living room but was worth it.  I got a feel for my display, and could look at it from different angles and perspectives.  I rearranged and tested the display of the goods as well as the price signs.  All in all, it worked.  I had more confidence when I was actually at the show. 

That confidence shows to the prospective customers, along with your belief in your product, and yourself.  I always ask myself if I would buy what is displayed, at the price displayed, and if not, why.  I have found that one of the answers is that I don't like what I made.  I can't sell what I don't like.

While I didn't do as well as I would have liked at my last show, I did better than anyone else at the show, which was outside in a picnic shelter with rain, wind, and close to freezing temperatures. 

I have paid to do these shows for the experience, and this year have been researching more shows to go to.  Don't give up, use the show as a learning experience, and look at what did work, and go with that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elizanne handcrafted treasures
www.elizanne.ca
MissMouse
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011 12:20:54 PM »

In school we learned that the 25$ product is the bread winner.
I know how frustrating it is to desperately want sell a big ticket item and have the profit in your pocket but unfortunately the majority of your sales will probably come from  the lower priced items.
One thing I could suggest is creating smaller items to match the bags (I don't have much advice for the jewelry as I've never made any before) a coin purse or wallet would sell at a lower price point and might entice someone to come back and splurge on the matching bag.

Also, having a mid range priced product would be a step in the upgrading.
I'm nor sure if that makes sense.
Like, say you had coin purses selling for 30$ and then had your bag selling for 150$ Having something in between, like a small clutch or something, priced somewhere in the middle would also help bring people back to "upgrade" to the next biggest thing.

I'm sure your products are wonderfully made, but unfortunately a lot of people have the impression that they can "get that at Wal-mart" or make it themselves.
It's hard to part with that amount of money in one go.
Give it time, be patient and market your butt off!
You'll do wonderful in time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi design
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012 09:27:49 AM »

Keep up! I've opened my online shop and so far no sales. I tell myself never give up. we'll be successful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jessica Stam Talks About Her Summer Style at the Coach Party
3 Cool Ways to Wear Printed Floral Jeans
Top 5 Swimsuit Trends for Summer 2012
Fashion Ideas for Wedding Guests
How to Style Trousers for a Night Out Like Hailee Steinfeld
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...