A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Visit My Town GALLERY!  (Read 2043 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sugarsandwitch
I am not bad... I prefer Mischievously Creative.

here I are!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011 09:42:56 AM »

OK! After fighting with my home computer last night (it's brand new and I haven't figured it all out yet); my work computer decided to play nice. So here is the super coolness I recieved from A2JC4Life:

this is the wicked apple apron, that will get used this weekend, and the locally made apple butter and honey. My son tried to steal the honey for a sandwich, but i made him use the store brand. mwahaha. I love the jar,

This bag is sooooo cool. Since Florida got it's name from the "feast of flowers" in spain; my partner put flowers on thefront. with blue on the outside for water, and beige lining for sand. I love it! also pictered is the info she sent me about her area.
This has been a lot of fun! Thanks to blushingbluegrass for putting this together and A2JC4Life for being a great partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are no longer the knights who say ni! We are now the knights who say ekki-ekki-ekki-pitang-zoom-boing! ~Monty Python
A2JC4life
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011 10:35:01 AM »

Hopefully there will be more takers now that we have a gallery.  I think that sometimes people are hesitant to be in the first round of something because they aren't sure what to make.

I'm glad you like everything!  I forgot to mention that everything is sewed down pretty firmly (I think) on the bag, so it should be washable.  But, as some of the flower designs use rough edges, etc., I would recommend hand washing gently. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How Lovely
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011 12:16:52 AM »

That bag is so beautiful!!! And the apple apron is so cute too, is apple butter similar to lemon butter? It sounds delicious!!!

I'm pretty sure my partner would have received by now, even though it was international, so I will post some pictures for her Smiley Because I am an idiot I forgot to take photos of my town's "produce" but I'll explain:

First was a blue felt purse and blue felt broche from Dharmick Trading, they are a mix of locally crafted handmade goods and fair trade goodies as well, blue because that's my partners fave colour Smiley Dharmick also highlight the very... eccentric... community I live in, though it's fast becoming a yuppy hot spot for Sydney tourists!
Secondly I sent her a lucky dip from my favourite store Nulladolla pottery, they sell pottery all made by local artists, I have been buying the luckydips since I was 5, and still do at 22 Smiley I have so many cute (and a couple of hideous Cheesy ) animals, and now mgailp will have one too Smiley
Finally I sent this strange doll I found at Nikki B's which is a retro/antique store, whilst this wasn't handmade our town is very big on antiques and my partner collected dolls. She seemed to be made out of cloth but was very stiff and had a rather large head, kinda like a Blythe doll and was dressed in a puffy white dress Smiley Wish I grabbed a photo!

By the way, my town is Milton, NSW, AUSTRALIA if you want to google it, hehe there might be photos of our Scarecrow festival from this weekend Smiley

For the crafted item I made my partner a punkin, my first one, so she wasn't fanastic but I was pretty happy with her Smiley My partner's town is famous for strarberries and has a strawberry festival every year where they name a Strawberry King and Queen... so I made next years queen Wink they also have an aligator in the middle of town that writes for the local paper. It was funny how similar our towns were with  their antiques and eccentricities Cheesy

Here is my Punkin in her strawberry dree, sorry for all the writing, silly me not taking photos! punkin pattern is from Ghillie and you can get it over at the punkin and poppet along Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm sweet... Like too much sugar in your tea
~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Pins: www.pinterest.com/howlovely
Store: www.etsy.com/shop/NostOWLgia
blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011 03:48:24 AM »

She is super sweet, How Lovely! And how cool would it be to have a Strawberry Festival....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please.

wisting on a star....
How Lovely
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011 04:33:29 AM »

I know! I love strawberries and they look so pretty too!!! It looks like a good festival, lots of stalls and activities. Apparently the town it is the main provider of strawberries to the whole U.S Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm sweet... Like too much sugar in your tea
~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Pins: www.pinterest.com/howlovely
Store: www.etsy.com/shop/NostOWLgia
A2JC4life
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011 07:49:12 AM »

Apple butter is like really cooked-down applesauce.  It's used as a spread on bread (like jam).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarsandwitch
I am not bad... I prefer Mischievously Creative.

here I are!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011 01:47:26 PM »

The punkin is super cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are no longer the knights who say ni! We are now the knights who say ekki-ekki-ekki-pitang-zoom-boing! ~Monty Python
AprilInAutumn
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011 05:31:49 PM »

Hey guys! I'm guessing DeSade is just recovering from Bonnaroo (jealous!) but I did want to share the pics of the package I sent.  I didn't take a picture of anything, but the main item, but from SoCal I sent some lotion from a local beekeeper, some Alice in Wonderland tea from Disneyland and some other misc. goodies.  For Louisville, I sent an Audubon bookmark and this shirt:

IMAG0433 by April in Autumn, on Flickr

I don't know if you can see, but I embroidered a house.  I meant to put it where Louisville is, but it ended up looking weird there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011 03:33:31 AM »

What a great shirt, AprilInAutumn!

We have one swapper in need of an angel, but Leslieshappyheart has agreed to send the package! Thanks again, Leslie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please.

wisting on a star....
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011 05:20:37 AM »

I'm happy to angel! I've just been researching How Lovely's town, and I wish I could visit it--it sounds great! But Australia is a bit far for me to go on a whim!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Lens Bluring in Photoshop
How to Make the Subject Pop-Out in Photoshop
How to Draw Arrows in Illustrator
How to Use Live Trace and Live Paint in Illustrator
How to Create an Image Reflection in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...