A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,177
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I did it! I made the VBI Wristlet! Also? my first bag - Cross Body hipster!  (Read 3982 times)
Tags for this thread: hipster , wristlet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chasmyn
« on: June 04, 2011 06:36:08 PM »

Okay, so first I made this amazing cross body hipster - I'd searched all over the internet for this tutorial, and finally found it - hard to search when you've no idea what something is called. No thanks to you, Google Images! I found the fantastic tutorial here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=298929.0

I only changed one thing, which was to make the strap longer and sew it around the whole bag, giving it width - sides and a bottom. I just needed more space, I felt. I am very happy with the result and have gotten many compliments when taking it out - hooray!

This is the most difficult thing I've ever sewn - it was the zipper! but really! It was the whole thing! Wow, this was hard (for me).

So imagine my pride that after no less than four completely unsuccessful zipper installation attempts and one extra zipper later - I actually managed to make it happen.

In hindsight, I would make the edges more curvy (like in the tutorial, natch) and...maybe do some drinking while I made this. No, that would have made it harder. Less watching Doctor Who at the same time? I don't know. Maybe some breaks to meditate and/or do some scream therapy in between sessions?

I digress. without further ado, and with the help of  this awesome tutorial here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=358767.0, I give you my COMPLETED and ACTUALLY FUNCTIONAL VBI Wristlet!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Padester
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011 04:34:38 AM »

That's awesome!  Great work.  I might have to try that wristlet one of these days!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DreamChild556

1+2+2+1. That's not six!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011 05:30:25 AM »

Great job! I LOVE that fabric. I'm in the middle of making a "70's" quilt, and that would fit in perfectly. It looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1,2 Freddy's coming for you.
3,4 better lock your door.
5,6 grab your crucifix.
7,8 gonna stay up late.
9,10 never sleep again.
chasmyn
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011 03:11:36 PM »

I love the fabric, too. I found it at a thrift store one day and also have a vague memory of thinking it might make a great bag. I wasn't sure what I'd do with it, but this was perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AshtonagoL
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011 06:24:24 PM »

Nice job!  Those are great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph Running Water
How to Photograph Landscapes
Photographing a Common Toad
Photographing Sea Birds
Photographing Woodland Birds
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...