A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: June 2011 Birthday Swap - Join All Month!  (Read 3985 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011 07:16:00 AM »

I've added to my list and clarified my allergies Smiley

Hi! I'm from Tacoma, Washington and I'm turning 26 on the 24th! I'm single and live with my family while I'm taking a sewing certificate course. In addition to crafting I enjoy gardening, watching TV and movies, reading, listening to music and hanging out with friends.

I love anything retro/mod/vintage like fashions (especially 1920-1970) and entertainment (movies, radio and tv shows-especially old spy shows). I also love pumpkins, Halloween, narwhals, lobsters, flamingos, vintage travel, languages, "subtle geekery", Peeps! (but only the chick-like ones)... I have a lot of likes. My favorite colors are orange, darker shades of yellow (love mustard yellow), red, black and white but I like all colors.

In case you need them, my measurements are: bust 41, waist 33, hips 41. I'm 5 foot 3 inches.
Wist: http://www.wists.com/Calabaza
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ccalabaza/
My profile has lots of things I like too.

Allergic to: most animal fibers like cat hair and wool, smoke and strong scents. Dogs are fine. If the item is washable and you have pets that would be perfectly ok

Crafts (see my likes above and in my profile, wist, and pinterest for theme ideas) :

-Decorated hair claw clips
-Decorated headbands (I like the hard kind, not the stretchy kind)
-Pendants to slide onto necklace chains
-Full aprons
-Throw pillow cases (10"x10" to 20"x20". I have the pillow forms if you want to send them unfilled)
-Rubber stamps
-Button pins (is the right term? The little buttons that you pin on scarves and bags? Like campaign buttons without the politics?)
-Potholders and/or mitts
-Note cards
-Inchies Thanks, calluna!
-ATCs
-Hoopla
-Wall art
-Kits for learning embroidery, x-stitch, scrabble tile jewelry or book binding Thank you, TroubleT!
-A surprise!

Supplies:
Printed fabric
Knit fabric (at least a whole yard)
Different fabric (velvet, tulle, etc.)
Fabric trims
Cool buttons
Ink pads
Rubber stamps Thank you, jcorn!
Cookie cutters
Papers and such for papercrafting Thanks a lot, calluna!
Postcards Thanks so much, calluna!
claw clips for hair
headbands (the hard kind, not the stretchy kind)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011 08:39:24 PM by Calabaza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nellyeagle
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011 08:17:25 AM »

Hello all! I happily turn 19 on the 15 of June and currently live in Cali! This will be my first swap and thought it would be fun! I am a very simple gal and basically anything will make me happy and smile in glee. I think the best thing I like about gifts is well the surprise! And unwrapping gifts! I never got over that haha. Anyway I am a huge anime fan and like anything anime! You cant go wrong with me and my favorite animes are Skip Beat (I love Ren Tsuruga), Vampire Knight (I Love Zero), Fruits Basket(I Love Kyo Sohma), and Sorcerer Stabber Orphen (I Love Orphen!) I also love these shows The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Bones, Supernatural, Dexter, True Blood and so on but these are my all time favorites! And well I also love Fall Out Boy (Don't judge) and absolutely adore Patrick Stump as well as Panic! at the Disco! And I love the Clandestine Bat! Anyways I love all colors, neon, pastels, bright and am considered tomboyish. As well that I really like Hannibal Lecter so anything of him is awesome! I love creativity but I sorely lack it and I am at awe at what people are always creating. I really hope to have fun in this swap and I will cherish whatever I am given.(I am a slight hoarder lol).

p.s I love anything and everything with dragons!

Toothless hat! (I know this is a big one but I totally adore him!!!) kinda like this
http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=toothless&order=9&offset=72#/d2qd1dl
A steam punk style charm bracelet (Or any charm bracelet really)
Any steam punk accessory Thank you Larissa-Rasputin
any type of T-shirt with a catchy saying or pics Thank you TroubleT I love IT!
a t-shirt or anything i can wear of the monroeville zombies logo
a nice wallet (i never got around to making one)
bag (for fabric pieces)
socks! (I love socks lol)
Magnets(they are awesome)
Button Pins!!
decorated guitar strap (I think this might also be considered a big one too)
I love earrings kinds like ear cuffs but i love any type of creative earrings
 I love these alot and her style http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=370970.msg4363584#msg4363584
A top hat! Always wanted one!
 Anything with a dragon!!! doesn't matter what it is!
Sorry but I don't have a wist but PM me for anything!

Supplies

(Uhh lets see)
clay (where I live they only offer playdoh!)
Freezer Paper (Can't ever get my hands on any) Thank You Again TroubleT!

extras

Candy!! (Or anything sweet I am not picky)
I like collecting shot glasses! Haha
random types of fabric! I LOVE ALL FABRIC!

Uggh I know I should have more things so I can get one thing claimed but for the life of me I can't think of much! In reality I am not picky in what I get.
Oh and I am not allergic to anything!!!!!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2011 11:49:32 AM by nellyeagle » THIS ROCKS   Logged
GatorWrangler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011 04:42:45 PM »

My name is Colleen and I will be 30 on June 10th. I am a web developer and photographer and I live in Massachusetts. I like cute things and I also like vintage looking things and girly things. I like nature with both my photography and I like items that are nature and animal themed. I don't like bright, neon colors. I love all things photography. I also like to collect things from other countries (non-USA).

a camera case like this: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/16528922

A phone case like this (iphone size): http://www.etsy.com/transaction/16527749 Thanks, dawn0684!

laptop case like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=92262.msg870768

a bag large enough to hold a dslr camera and a zoom lens

I love things that are knit and crocheted probably because I am so bad at it. Smiley Specifically I would like knit or crochet baby items, Amigurumi, or headbands for me

I am redoing a room with this theme, so any items related to the theme that would work in the room: http://www.target.com/Circo-Love-Nature-Quilt-Set/dp/B00306AHSG

My favorite book is Pride and Prejudice and my favorite "movie" is the 1995 BBC version with Colin Firth so anything Pride and Prejudice related things would be great.

surprise baby girl related items -age 1 year and up

My wist items: http://www.wists.com/gatorwrangler

supplies:
jewelry making items like pendants, and findings(clasps, chains, hooks, etc)
"cute" ribbon
polymer clay

extras:
craft magazines
non USA coins

-no food please, there are lots of allergies here. Also no items from smoking homes please.

Thanks so much!!! Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011 10:54:49 AM by GatorWrangler » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
skittlebub

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011 11:23:08 PM »

My name is Sally, I live in Australia & am turning 27 on June 18th. I like retro & vintage styles. I have lots of inspiration in my pinterest.  Adult themes are ok.
I love vanilla scents. I have 2 kidlets. Girl is nearly 3 & Boy is nearly 1 (both 5 days apart in July)
We are starting to organize our wedding for sometime in the next 12-24months & the theme will be choc-mint colors.
I dont like lavender, country crafts or loose glitter (glitter glue is ok)
I have no allergies.

CRAFT
-Something Doctor Who
-A retro style full apron
-Something from or inspired by my pinterests
-Something inspired by Alice In Wonderland (the original artwork or Tim Burtons movie. Not a big fan of the Disney version)
-A wallet &/or coin purse
-A scoodie (dark colous preferred) Thanks sweety28303 Smiley
-Mittens (dark colors preferred) Like these
-Something in a choc-mint color combination
-A keychain/keyring
-Oven mits
-Something to keep me warm (I hate being cold & its winter here)
-A mug rug
-Something for the wedding
-A journal
-Teatowels/Dishtowels
-A surprise

SUPPLIES
-Freezer paper (you cant get it anywhere near where I live)
-Glass etching cream (also hard to find here)
-Beginner kits for beading, book binding or stamp making
-Peaches & Cream yarn (also difficult to get where I am)
-Pin cushion
-removable stitch markers
-A rotary cutter ( used is fine )

EXTRAS
-Candy is always good Wink
-Crafting, sewing, embroidery, crochet magazines or books
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011 10:29:26 PM by skittlebub » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
Super-Ted_Cullen!

Teenager by day and, well, teenager by night too

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011 02:57:12 PM »

Hi Everyone! My name is Rebecca and Im turning 18 on the 21st!  I live in England, and Im planning on heading to University in October, to study either Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic studies or Comparative Literature. Im currently taking my A level exams, although that has been hindered by the fact Ive had a terrible back injury since the 2nd April, so I may now be unable to take my exams...
Anyhoo, Im quite a weird person. I have obsessions with everything from Vampires to Toy Story and I love kooky little things. I love steampunk stuff (although I suck at making it) and retro/ vintage things. I have an enormous hat collection... and Im trying to branch into millinery a little bit or at least experiment with it.  Wink
I have no allergies and although I am ok with adult themes, I come from a Christian home and neither my sisters or Mum would be too smitten. My favourite colour is Green and I am a closet Goth. Cheesy
So, on with the list!

CRAFT

SUPPLIES

• Beginner kits for using resin or book binding
  • Fabric or trimmings to decorate hats with
  • Nice Charms/ beads
  • Scrabble Tiles
  • Toy Story fabric/ trimmings (quite obscure, I know)
  • Fabric for embroidery, a craft I have just got into but have virtually no supplies for...
  • Wool/ Yarn for Crocheting (especially black, because I am in dire need of some and I cannot get hold of new wool easily)
  • Printable plastic
  • Polymer clay (esp. Blue)
  • Etching kit

EXTRAS

• Crochet books/ Patterns
  • Embroidery pattern
  • Anything else you think I might like!

USEFUL LINKS

Thank you so much in advance!! Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011 03:29:55 PM by Super-Ted_Cullen! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p306/Sofabedtry/EmmettCullenSiggy.jpg
Emmett McCarty Cullen; better than Superman
------------------------------------------
Will do personal swaps!
dawn0684

You know what? It doesn't matter.

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011 07:07:09 AM »

About Me:
My name is Dawn and Ill be 27 on the 29th. My husband and I live in a suburb right outside of Chicago with our 3 dogs, a one-eyed cat, 2 tortoises and a mouse. Im really big into animals rights and I donate to animal shelters as often as I can. I have a couple hobbies (knitting, photography, crocheting, dog grooming) but knitting is one of my favorites. I also love bright colors, reds and oranges in particular. My favorite soda/pop is Sprite. Recently Ive ventured into couponing, Im not an extreme couponer yet, but one day I hope I can be.
Anything off my Wists (http://wists.com/dawn0684) or I have a few other interesting things Id like to receive.
Wish list:
*Rosie the Riviter charm: (http://tinyurl.com/3vukrxf)
*Knitted socks (shoe size 6), or scarves
*Faux gauge earrings out of polymer clay: (http://tinyurl.com/3d2lqaj)
*coin purse (knitted, sewn .. its totally up to you)
* A case to keep my needles in (http://tinyurl.com/3npmhaq)*  Thanks Skittlebub!
A ring made from a coin (http://tinyurl.com/3vmq6oe)
*recipe book so I can start keeping track of good recipes (http://tinyurl.com/44k5m25)
* Decorations for my planters (http://tinyurl.com/3q2u7k6)

Supplies:
*Yarn
*Sewing Thread
*Beads/ findings
*stitch markers

Extras:
*Nail polish
*coupons (anything food related, my favorite is pizza coupons.. Its a staple in my house)
*skittles (my favorite candy)
*I love house plants, so if you have any to take cuttings off of that would be neat.

Happy Birthday Everyone!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011 03:35:33 PM by dawn0684 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 personal swaps
GoldenSunshine
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011 08:56:34 PM »

Hi Everyone!

My name is Lindsey and I am from the suburbs of the Twin Cities, Minnesota. I will be 28 on June 17th. I wanted to join and thought it was too late, but found out it isn't! So here I am. I recently got engaged to my best friend, Michael. I have one dog, Rosco, he is my hearing service dog for the deaf. I also have one little cutie hedgehog. I have a nickname- Sunshine. I like anything related to Sun and the moon. I enjoy reading, scrap journaling, scrapbook, random crafts, new to embroidery, and so-so at crochet. I have Wist and Pinterest- Both links are located in my signature spot.

Wish list-
Whimsies (never had any, would be fun to have)
A hedgehog ani or a dolphin
Dominoes necklace- perhaps a fairy of some kind
Mittens- the fingerless mittens (Any color is fine, gray would be best)
Anything from my Pinterest or Wist.
Scrabblt tile images .75 x .85 or 1 x 1 (I think it will fit on .75 x .85??)
I also like surprises.

Supplies-
Ring blanks (Hard to find here)
Fabric scraps to try to make a Teeshia Moore bag
Embroidery patterns such as flowers, items, fairy, nothing too boring
Dominoes
Vintage photos, anything for scrap journaling

I enjoy drinking hot tea, any kind is good, except for Earl Grey (Bleech)
I am allergic to microwave popcorn Sad But no general allergies here.

Hope that is enough to help. Can PM me for some more ideas, I may will come up with more later!

Happy Birthday to June craftsters members!

Updated on wish list!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011 07:55:10 PM by GoldenSunshine » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I looking for fabrics! Willing to do a fabric exchange or some kind of swap.

I am up for private swap for Teesha Moore patches!! PM me if  you are interested! :-D
scarlet_nights

You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011 09:12:55 PM »

Hi! My name is Liz. I'll be turning 28 on the 27th. I live in a tiny village in Souther Illinois called Iuka. I have 2 dogs, both dashounds and I live alone, no kids. I love the darker side of things, vampires, gothic, steampunk, faries. On the flipside of that I love silly things like rubber ducks, I have over 350 of them in my bathroom, garfields, domos, headgehogs and a strange obbsession with pin cusions. I want to live in the 50's. Love everything about that decade and collect just about anything from it. I love to read and history is fascinating to me. I know lots of pointless facts and enjoy reading trivia and fact books like uncle johns bathroom readers. I enjoy playing cards and card games like munchkins. I absolutly love tattoos, i have 4 and am in the prosses of saving up for my next one.

*Anything from my wist is an automatic yes ( why else have a wist right?) http://www.wists.com/scarlet_nights

*cute pincusion

*anything hedgehog

*gothic or steampunk wall art (I like the art of victoria francis, jessica drake, amy brown, nene thomas, fernanda brussi)

*a hoopla for my hoopla wall

*a doll like the lalaloopsy dolls or the monster high dolls

*tattoo art

* dashound stuffie

*pin up or burseque art

*I want to learn to needle felt so a needle felt kit would be awsome!

*I want to learn to use resin so a starter resin kit would be great!

*a suprise!! thank you Calabaza    

*Supplies*

*any cute fabric (sushi, swirls,tattoo, pinups, vintage)

*embroidery floss, varigated, metalic or any of the more non usual colors

* poppet making supplies, eyes, cool yarn for hair, poppet fabric which is really hard to find around here, eyelashes I can never find nice eyelashes

*any vintage lace or notions

*good jump rings for chainmialle

*Different colors and patterns of ducktape.

*Extras*
*candy is always good, especially if your from a differnt country

*Anything to do with Wicca , I live in a very biggoted community and it is impossable to find around here.

*my bf is obbsessed with comics so anything from the dc universe especially superman for him would be nice

* I collect buttons like these http://www.blackjackinc.com/browseproducts/1-1-2--Round--Button----I-steal-boyfriends-But-I-forget-where-I-put-them..HTML
(love happy bunny and meanie doodles)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2011 02:28:48 PM by scarlet_nights » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MeganCrafts

I can't stop swapping! I think I have a problem.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011 09:57:53 AM »

Hey everyone!  My name is Megan.  I turn 24 on the 30th.  I live Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with my wonderful boyfriend/personal cook.  I work for a trucking company, but plan to go to grad school for Library Science soon.  I’m a huge movie junkie.  Most of my free time is spent watching movies and crafting.  Mostly I crochet and cross stitch, but I recently started dabbling in super basic jewelry making and I enjoy playing with felt. 

My favorite colors are purple, blue, and black and white.  I’m not a fan of pastels or pink of any kind, or anything really girly.

I prefer silver jewelry over any other tones.

I’m a huge nerd and enjoy everything from video games and sci-fi, to anything book-related and math.

I prefer wearables over decorations, but I’m up for anything you want to make.

I don’t have any allergies.

Crafts

-Anything from, or inspired by, my Wist (minus all of the Portal stuff, the bf added that because I was going to join the Portal swap for him, but then again, his birthday was this month too.)

-Anything Firefly/Dr. Horrible/Dollhouse/Whedon anything related.

-Anything Dr. Who related.  I love anything Tardis blue, it’s such a good color.

-Anything Star Wars.

-Dinosaur anything.  I’m like an 8 year old boy when it comes to dinosaurs.  Cutesy over realistic, though.

-A loaded charm bracelet.

-A knit slouch hat.  I crochet, and have a few that I’ve made, but I envy anyone who can knit.

-A super simple circle skirt, preferably in black.  My favorite skirt fell apart recently, and I don’t sew very well.

-An altered tin.  They fascinate me, but I’m not gutsy enough to try one.

-Hand spun yarn.

-Stamps.

-Hooplas.  Anything goes.  I really like some of the tree themed ones that I’ve seen.

-A surprise.  Everyone on this site is so talented and creative that I’m willing to leave everything in your hands.

Supplies

-Buttons!  I love buttons more than I can explain.

-Yarn.  Who doesn’t need yarn?

-Good felt.  I can only find the cheap stuff around here.

-Stickers.

Extras

-The bf and I both love tea.

-Chocolate

-anything fun that you want to send

Thank you so much anylouwho93 for claiming me!!

And thanks jo_mama!!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011 02:33:18 PM by MeganCrafts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/megancrafts

Swaps:
Taking a break. Would consider small personal swaps.
amylouwho93

Wild 'n' Crazy since 1993

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011 07:23:57 PM »

Hello everyone! I know I'm joining late, but at least I didn't miss the swap completely! My bday was on the 6th and I turned 18.

My name is Amy and I'm going to be a college freshman in the fall at Bowdoin College, Maine. Go Polar Bears!! I live in Issaquah, Washington (just east of Seattle). I love biking, hiking, gardening, and crafting (duh). I spend tons of time outdoors in our GORGEOUS pacific northwest weather Wink My fave movies are Singing in the Rain, the Kite Runners, Labyrinth, Amelie, and The Sound of Music. EDIT: I also adore anything by Hayao Miyazaki, especially Howl's Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke!!!  Fave TV shows: Star Trek (The Next Generation), Big Bang Theory, Bones, Psych. Fave colors: maroon, turquoise, dark green, orange, PURPLE, cream. My style is artsy and classy, not so much cutesy or crazy.

Here's my Wist: http://wists.com/amylouwho93

And my Etsy favorites: http://www.etsy.com/people/Amylouwho93/favorites?ref=si_fav

I would Love, Love, LOVE:

Simple circle skirt with a bicycle or nature theme (I like classy/classic clothes).

A hoopla having to do with any of my fave movies/TV shows OR showing animals (I like deer, whales, GIRAFFES, flamingos, etc.)

Feather earrings, in natural browns, reds, greys, etc.

Rings! I love wire-wrapped rings, old saucer rings, anything in silver...check out my etsy faves for some ideas Smiley

I wear a lot of loooong, pendant style necklaces. My favorite piece of jewelry is a large scarab necklace from H&M.

Any kind of hair accessories (I FAIL at making these, but am so jealous of the craftsters who make beautiful headbands etc.) THANK YOU MEGANCRAFTS!

I love the look of old art prints...I have a couple of these on my Wist and in my Etsy favorites.

Recycled cassette tape wallet!!! THANK YOU MEGANCRAFTS!!!

EDIT: You can never have enough silkscreened t-shirts. I wear a medium to large depending on the brand/style. about 75% of the time I'm a medium.

Supplies:

Natural yarns or hand spun yarn--I'm so jealous of some of the skeins I see on here!

BUTTONS. What more need I say?

Jewelry findings, especially for earrings.

Embroidery thread OR hoops

Feather hair extensions! These don't really count as a craft supply I guess, but they will make me very, very, very happy. I'd like some of the tawny brown colored ones...

Extras:

I love chai and green teas!

Super dark chocolate = love.

I would love any kind of card Smiley
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011 11:05:10 AM by amylouwho93 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Salon Giving Back Through Beauty
2 Hot Hair Trends From Hollywood’s Top Celebrity Hair Stylist
How to Get an Easy Waterfall Braid
Summer Hair Cut Trend: The Long Bob
Bad Hair Day? Blame the Copper in Your Water Pipes!
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...