A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,522
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: June 2011 Birthday Swap - Join All Month!  (Read 4427 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: June 01, 2011 06:01:56 PM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. NO,REALLY!

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED UNTIL YOU POST IN THE DISCUSSION/GALLERY...JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SIGN-UP FORM.

Questions? Please post in the discussion/gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=381960

Swap name: June 2011 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: TroubleT
Craftster member who is coorganizing:
Sign-up date range: June 1-30
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
 This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap.  However, it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of store bought items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate what it would have cost new.) However, you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=381960

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists, etsy favorites, etc. is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=381960  Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive. You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC's may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe, even if it's a handmade card.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate pms you will receive poor communication feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me and Troublet by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put June Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me (TroubleT) when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

If you format your PMs like this:  
Format for PMs:

Proper label:
"June Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received pm's include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by June 14
kaz814 to TroubleT -- pretty purse

Outstanding claims allowed:
FOCs: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST
It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:

--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums. This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items
--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen
--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in five various themes and count that as your required five items, that is more like one item for someone to choose, not five. Having various crafting methods (sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry, etc.) is going to make it easier for people to choose you.
--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER (BIRTHDAY SWAPPERS):

Name of swap: June 2011 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap, you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Have you posted in the discussion thread already? If you say yes and haven't I will not approve you. If you say no I will not approve you. Discussion thread found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=381960  Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to send out after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- June 2011 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=381960

Links to Previous Birthday Swap Rounds

May Birthday List
May Swap Discussion and Gallery
April Birthday List
April Swap Discussion and Gallery
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011 02:24:30 AM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011 07:02:09 PM »

Birthday Swappers
(claims, sent, received)

nostephot
FOC - June 19- (0,0,2) - receiving 2 gifts
sweety28303 FOC - June 6 - (0,1,1) - receiving 2 gifts
lynnz232 - June 9 - (0,0,2) - receiving 1 gift
jemimah FOC - June 29 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
blupaisan FOC - June 16 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
Larissa-Rasputin - June 11 - (0,0,1) - receiving 2 gifts
skittlebub FOC - June 18 - (0,0,3) -  receiving 2 gifts
Marleesmom - June 18 - (0,0,1) - receiving 2 gifts
GiddyUpMunky FOC - June 30 - (0,0,1) - receiving 2 gifts
Calabaza FOC - June 24 - (0,0,2) - receiving 1 gift
nellyeagle FIRST TIME SWAPPER! Smiley - June 15 - (0,0,1) - receiving 2 gifts
GatorWrangler FOC - June 10 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
Super-Ted_Cullen -June 21 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
dawn0694 FOC - June 29 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
GoldenSunshine - June 17 - (0,0,1) - receiving 2 gifts
scarlet_nights - June 27 - (0,0,2) - receiving 1 gift
MeganCrafts - June 30 - (1,0,1) - receiving 2 gifts
amylouwho93 - June 6 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
jo_mama - June 13 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift

Non Birthday Swappers

TroubleT FOC - (0,0,2) - 2 thank you cards received
phnxreign99 FOC - (0,0,1) - 1 thank you card received
RhymeswOrange FOC - (0,0,1)
calluna FOC - (0,0,1) - 1 thank card received
jcorn FOC - (0,0,2) -  2 thank you cards received

Claims

Sent
Received
Late w/ communication
Contact Organizer ASAP

Send by June 14
lynnz232 to nostephot for a fabric covered journal

nostephot to sweety28303 for a cross stitch kit

Send by June 16
blupaisan to Larissa-Rasputin for a Nauticalish piece of art

Send by June 17
Marleesmom to blupaisan for a decorated journal

Send by June 18
GiddyUpMunky to LynnZ232 for a jar of whimsies
Calabaza to Marleesmom for a purse/bag
Nellyeagle to Marleesmom for t-shirts for her child
GatorWrangler to nostephot for an Audrey Hepburn inspired gift

Send by June 19
phnxreign99 to jemimah for a journal and possibly other surprise goodies

skittlebub to jemimah for a "Doctor Who Thingie"
Larissa-Rasputin to nellyeagle for a steampunk accessory
jemimah to skittlebub for a surprise

Send by June 20
sweety28303 to skittlebub for a scoodie

Send by June 21
Super-Ted_Cullen to sweety28303 for a jar of whimsies and a surprise

Send by June 22
nostephot to Larissa Rasputin for a coffee cuff and  embroidery floss

Lynnz232 to GiddyUpMonkey for lots of paint samples and a surprise

Send by June 23

TroubleT to Calabaza for an embroidery kit
TroubleT to nellyeagle for a stenciled t-shirt

skittlebub to Super-Ted_Cullen! for a SURPRISE!!

Send by June 27
dawn0684 to GatorWrangler for an iphone case

Send by June 28
skittlebub to dawn0684 for knitting needle case

Send by June 30
GoldenSunshine to GatorWrangler for Bead supplies

Send by July 1
RhymeswOrange to GoldenSunshine for some fingerless mittens

Send by July 2
calluna to Calabaza for inchies and papercraft goodies

Send by July 5
scarlet_nights to GoldenSunshine for a wist surprise

Calabaza to scarlet_nights for a surprise

Send by July 7

scarlet_nights to giddyupmunky for a teacup candle

Send by July 8
sweety28303 to MarleesMom For Some Crochet Goodies

amylouwho93 to MeganCrafts for a Star Wars themed Hoopla (combining two of her wishes)

Send by July 10
jo_mama to MeganCrafts for something dinosaur
MeganCrafts to amylouwho93 for a recycled cassette wallet and a hair accessory
jcorn to sweety28303  for supplies (decorative scissors)
jcorn to Calabaza  for supplies (rubber stamps)

Send by July 13
MeganCraft to jo_mama for a hoopla

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011 10:52:44 AM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
nostephot
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011 07:08:38 PM »

I am super excited about this swap!  Thanks so much in advance for the Birthday Wishes.....

Birthday is June 19 (Father's Day this year)

About me:
-I just moved back home to New Orleans in the spring and purchased my first home a beautiful old home. Still getting adjusted but love it!
-My favorite colors are green (chartreuse), yellow, orange and combinations of these!  I do not usually wear these colors, I dress in basic blacks, whites, brown and the like.  I usually try and accessorize with color in my bag, bracelets and my glasses are kind of fun too!  NO PINK OR PURPLE PLEASE.... I don't really do girly either.
-I am a HUGE Audrey Hepburn fan!  I love her style and all of her movies!   My fave movie is Breakfast at Tiffanys and it is going to be showing at an old theater here on my Birthday!!!! That is where I will be for the day!  I am going to be making a vintage styled dress for the occasion!  Anything with her image on it would be coveted!!!
-One of my other favorite icons is Elvis.  There are several stuffies that have seen that I love and I usually dress like him on Halloween.
-I love Glee.... yep I am a total Gleek.... and I think there are not enough Glee crafts out there... would be happy to have one.

My list
ANY WISTY SURPRISE!  ALWAYS FUN!!!  I have updated my wist so anything on there would be great!
http://www.wists.com/nostephot

http://www.etsy.com/people/nostephot/favorites?ref=favorites

Sewing/Fabric crafts

Cuff Bracelet- I have several on my wist and have found such great cuffs done with just pretty fabric and some embellishments and stitching and others made with felt.   http://www.etsy.com/listing/38020325/dark-green-hand-embroidered-cuff?ref=sr_gallery_26&ga_search_query=cuff+bracelet&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=90&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Iron Board Cover and Organizer. Here is an example of what I found and fell in love with  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=309935.msg3557801#msg3557801  I would like this in any colors

Hat I have been looking at these sewn hats for a while and found some great patterns but none were free I  would love to own one of these.  There are several on my wist but this is my fave. The fabric and colors and style are all great!  http://www.etsy.com/listing/46683622/linen-flip-brim-newsboy-hat-sewing.  I would prefer the hat made but I would love a good pattern also.

Plushies I found some cute ones.. my faves are elvis, palmistry.  

Fabric covered Journal I am almost done with my swap notebook and I could use a new one and I would love one that has a creative cover of any kind really

A wall hanging would be fun, I need more creativity in my work/craft space!  I am REALLY wanting to start a needlecraft hoop wall!  I would love any needlecraft items!!!!

Crochet/ Knitting/ Yarn/ Fiber
Amigurumi I have several on my wist and think they are wonderful and would love to have any  

Hand spun yarn or art yarn these are my recent faves  .. the green is most my style http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=348982.msg4068121#msg4068121

Other Crafts
Stenciled T-Shirt or ANYTHING!  I am a large mens t-shrit size please, I have too many girly fit shirts..
I like flowy jersey dresses that are knee length for summer and wear this a lot would love more with fun images
*** NEW IDEA*** I would like a t-shirt that says "Lima Heights Adjacent" which is where Santana from Glee is from... I love her and her Lebanese self! LOL Smiley

Wreath yarn ball, felt balls, crafty or just plan fun and eclectic!  I would love one for my new porch

Peyote stitch bracelet, something bright and fun

Carved stamps

I just moved into my first home (purchased) and I realize that I could use some kitchen sets with towels, dish mat and maybe some oven mitts.  I would love that... something bright fun and modern!

Supplies

Resin Molds, I have basics but I would like a fleur de lis or ring mold if possible

I am working on a yo-yo quilt and some yo-yos would be helpful!  I am using the yellow maker that makes 60mm yo-yos

I would like to learn and start making things with polymer clay

Vintage square scarves that I can use to put this bedspread together, I am collecting as many as I can find  -  http://www.etsy.com/listing/11282106/vintage-scarf-bedspread

Vintage Sheet Fabric and squares heck I would be excited with any new fun fabric!!!!  Who wouldnt?
100% Wool Felt.  I have several projects that I want to attack and I need a wider variety of colors.

I love lemon flavor... lemonheads, lemon color, lemon scent, lemon drops... lemon everything!  
I like gummies and sour patch kids... not a fan of chocolate and it is too hot for chocolate to survive more than a minute outside here!  

I am an open book. Any me anything if you have questions.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011 06:22:59 AM by nostephot » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/nostephot/

My Old Wist http://www.wists.com/nostephot

I am open to personal swaps!  I would love to do one for Halloween!
Lynnz232

Am looking to swap for 1" or larger paper punches!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011 05:13:42 AM »

Hello.  I am a June Birthday  Grin and am turning 33 on June 9th.  I am a mother of a very active 7 year old boy and live in Michigan with him and my husband.  I enjoy scrapbooking and doing a lot of different crafts - usually using recycled and/or re-purposed craft items I can find around the house (old T-shirts are my current love).  I work for the parks and recreation department and am a special event junkie attending lots of one day activities and love learning all about what they have to teach me.  
PS - I find things that are sparkly, shiny, sliver and soft extra special.

Some of my favorites are...
Holiday - Halloween
Colors - Bright colors (non neon), Mainly Blues and Greens
T.V. Shows - Cougar Town, Vampire Diaries

Wish List: Thank you, GiddyUpMonkey for creating one of me Wishes for my Birthday  Grin

Crafty Items  -
*Messenger Style Bag/Purse made from recycled juice pouches
*Minion http://wolfdreamer-oth.blogspot.com/2010/07/despicable-minion.html
*Zipper Headphones - http://www.gizmodiva.com/music/index.php?page=7 to fit in my device it must have a regular male end, not a mini USB
*Personalized Note Cards
*Bags (draw string backpacks, messenger bags, tote bags)
*I-Spy Bag
*Jar of Whimsies - Thank You GiddyUpMonkey for selecting this WISH!                                                            
*Tree of Life Charm (with or without beads)

Supplies -
*Journal
*Used T-Shirts
*Charms
*Stickers
*Scrapbooking supplies or other embellishments
*Skeleton Keys
*Buttons (looking for shades of leaves, all sizes, shapes and colors) - This one is extra Special, as I am working on a huge project for a christmas gift for my mom from the grandkids for Christmas.

Extras -
*Reese Cups
*Small Souvenir From Where You Live

***Surprise Me You all have done great work, creative work in all different areas, so please don't limit yourself to what I have wished for.  

Thank you  Wink
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011 06:40:43 PM by Lynnz232 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweety28303
"She is Dangerous, She is Dangerous, I'm sure."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011 06:04:15 AM »

Hello There! My Name Is Jolena And My Birthday Is June 6. (Great Right?) I'll Be 23. I'm Originally From Bronx, New York.. But Currently Residing In Fayetteville,NC. It's A HUGE Culture Shock..lol I'm A Biology Major And I Hope To Pursue A Career As A Doctor..
Here's My List, Thanks In Advance For Claiming Me.

Crafts:
Anything off my wist
www.wists.com/sweety28303
Yarn-Related:
Knit Cable Purse
Like This One:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/74864839/sale-20-off-aqua-purse-with-brown-bow?ref=sr_gallery_18&ga_search_query=knit+cable+bag&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
Knit Striped Socks
Knit Stuffy.. Maybe A Cute Bear With A Sweater or a super cute owl
Crochet or Knit Bangles
Poncho!
A Shrug In Black Or White So I Can Wear It To Work.
Coasters

Sewn Items
Coin-Pouch- I Have Tons Of Coins Just Thrown In The Bottom Of My Purse
Similar To This:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/75143750/coin-purse-with-meadow-flowers?ref=sr_gallery_14&ga_search_query=coin+pouch&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
or  this
http://www.etsy.com/listing/75001579/promotion-buy-3-get-1-free-all-item-in?ref=sr_gallery_9&ga_search_query=wallet&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
New Wallet For My Purse- My Purse Is Super Bright Blue And Pink.
Something Just For My Credit Cards.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/45738496/tri-fold-credit-card-business-card?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=wallet&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

Hair Bows Or Even A headband with a bow = ] Not Super Kiddy Looking Ones Though.

Reusable Lunch Bags Or Sandwich Bags.
Poppet

Paper Related:
Paper Stars! Im Collecting Origami Stars. Any Color Is Fine.Thanks Super_Ted_Cullen
A Journal- I Want To Start A Swapping Journal
Altered Puzzle Pieces
Note Cards
MISC:
Tree Of Life Pendant. Ive Always Wanted One.Thanks Again Super_Ted_Cullen
A Charm Bracelet.
Polymer Clay Things- Like Mini Foods Or Something.. I love hello Kitty and flowers.
Wall Art!
Something To Store My Odds And Ends.. Right Now I Have Yarn Everywhere.
Gummy Bear Bracelet!

Supplies
Cross Stitch Kit! I Really Want To Learn This! Thanks nostephot
Ink Pads.
Any Acrylic Paint.
Paintbrushes.
(I only have 1.)
Decorative Scissors.. You Know The Ones With Squiggly Lines And Stuff.
BUTTONS! Any Buttons You Dont Want Or Need Ill Be Happy To Take.
Ribbon
Safety Eyes For My Amis. I Can Never Find Them Here.
Cotton Yarn.
Any Embellishments.
Any Crochet Books With Clothing Or Amis.
Altoid Tins.
Hand Decorated Picture Frame.

Extras:
Aero Bars! OH Em Gee! Ill Love You Forever.
Kinder Bars.
Gummies! I like peach os.
Post Cards. I Want To Start A Collection.
A Good Book. I Love To Read.

Thanks In Advance For Claiming Me. And Happy Birthday To All The June Babies! = ]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011 08:06:00 AM by sweety28303 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Any quilters interested in a personal swap?
Larissa-Rasputin
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011 10:17:05 AM »

Hello!  My name is Ina and I live in Missouri.  I am turning 10 on the 11th. I work as a cake decorator and an assisstant bakery manager and I love my job!  I dabble in crafting, doing a little bit of this and that.  Sewing, jewelry making, polymer clay, along with some mixed media things and whatever inspires me.  I am by no means an expert at anything, but I love learning new things.  My favorite colors are green and purple but I like most colors.  I prefer bright colors over pastels.  I love funky prints, houndstooth, stripes and some plaids.  I like floral things ok, but nothing overly girly.  Some of my favorite themes are steampunk, horror, zombies, cthulhu, punk, goth, fantasy, celtic, gaelic, vampires, cryptozoology, pirates.   I don't like anything with animals on it (mythical creatures are fine) and I don't like "country" themed things. I also don't have pierced ears.  I'm also a roleplaying geek.  

Crafts:

Anything from my wists or etsy favorites or inspired by either of those.
http://wists.com/Larissa-Rasputin
http://www.etsy.com/people/LarissaRasputin/favorites?ref=pr_faves

Sewn stuff:
A wristlet with a strap.  At least 6 inches long/wide. I love unusual styles/shapes  

Coffee cozy (for a disposable cup like Starbucks or something)  Whimsical like this one or another theme
http://www.etsy.com/listing/58202218/monster-coffee-cozy-sora
Thanks nostephot!

Jewelry Stuff:
A statement necklace (check favs and wists for inspiration

A cuff bracelet (my wrist measures 6.5 inches)  metal, fabric, beaded, don't really care, check my wists and favs for inspiration.

Misc Stuff"
Hair Accessories (headbands or clip in type things)

A t-shirt with a skull and crossbones on it involving a cupcake similar to this
http://shop.johnnycupcakes.com/shop/Details.aspx?ProdID=298
I wear a womens 18-20 in tshirt.  I prefer scoop or v neck over crew neck if possible

Anything to go with a steampunk costume or a pirate costume

Paper Crafts:
A handmade journal
Mixed Media art involving a nautical theme
We are decorating my living room/kitchen in a nautical theme.  (Think more 20,000 Leagues under the sea or pirates NO lighthouses)  Art would be appreciated.  Especially some sort of antique looking treasure map, or anything involving cuttlefish, squids, octopuses, mermaids  Thanks Bluespain! (wallart)  
(am ok with receiving more than one type of wall art)

Bookmarks featuring any of my themes

A surprise using any kind of craft

Supplies:

Different Mod Podge types (I already have Matte and that seems to be all I can find near me.

Scrapbook paper-assorted

Fabric, fat quarters or any kind really.  Different colors, types, patterns ok

Different colors of Polymer Clay
Anything steampunk type of things (gears, clock hands, leather, lace, ribbon)  that I could use on a costume or accessories.

I would love to make a poppet so any supplies that could be used towards such an endeavor would be appreciated.  (fabric, joints, eyes, etc)

Any kind of book/magazine on refashioning clothing

Embroidery Thread.  No place near me sells it and I would love to have some!  Any colors!  Thanks nostephot!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 04:08:06 PM by Larissa-Rasputin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest (much larger than my wist)
My Wists

Interested in personal swaps Smiley
jemimah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011 12:59:38 PM »

Hello, Im Kirsten, Im a full time student. I live in New Zealand, married with two stepsons and two spoilt cats. I love art and I do a lot of drawing and printmaking.

My list is pretty detailed because Im a regular in the Ongoing Wish Swap hope its not too much to read! (and this is the short version! Cheesy)

Colours: particularly blue/green/teal/aqua, natural tones, or black and white; not so keen on pastels and pinks/purples (though dusty/dull shades can be nice).
Metals: silver, copper or antiqued finishes, rather than gold.
Styles: plainish and textured rather than very patterned. Natural linen, monochromatic prints rather than very multi-coloured. Some styles I particularly like are mid-century modern, Scandinavian, Japanese (but not kawaii).

Think artsy-fartsy rather than cutesy when crafting for me Smiley

No allergies. I prefer natural fibres, but not exclusively. Im happy to chat, and easy to please. Although I admire purely decorative things, I dont have a lot of spare space, so I generally prefer useful things.

Thank you for picking me!!

CRAFTS

VARIOUS CRAFTY POSSIBILITIES

* wisty surprise - http://wists.com/jemimah My wist will give you a good picture of my tastes inspired by rather than an exact replica is great, so feel free to get creative Smiley  

* a Star Trek or Doctor Who thingy, whatever you like to make, my faves are Spock, tardis and daleks. (Useful rather than decorative is usually my preference, but any Spock, tardis, or dalek item that lands in my letterbox will find a home). Some ideas Tardis journal, etui, needle book; daleks on anything; Spock stationery, journal. Great Spock pattern here
* things to put other things in box, organiser, project holder, etc. always welcome

SEWN
* organiser things (e.g. project bag, thing for storing small supplies and bits) any size. Some ideas in wist, but other styles are good too.
* sewing ideas (if you want to make cushions/cushion covers, you can mail them unstuffed for easier postage)
* pot mitts/pot holders - something amusing, or one of my fave themes, or just simple. I quite like the long double ended style.
* a Star Trek redshirt pincushion!
* A cover for my kobo with the corner thingies so I can read without taking it out.

YARN/FELT RELATED
* hand dyed or hand spun yarn
* handknitted wool socks (womens size 9-10, any colour)
* fingerless mitts I like ones with thumbs rather than just thumb slits, but other than that I'm pretty flexible on styles - there are heaps of different patterns I like in that ravelry link. I wear these every day in the winter.
* wisty things made of felt or felted wool

PAPER RELATED
* handmade stamps in a theme I like (see my profile and wists), e.g. birds, frogs, fish, trees, art related, Tardis, dalek, Star Trek
* stationery notecards or paper, its all good (bonus points for Star Trek or Dr Who theme!)
* stationery ideas

OTHER CRAFTS
* handmade ceramic item, esp. in celadon green (but any colours are good) - ceramic ideas
* hair sticks/comb/pin or shawl pin not too girly please, see wist

* or something else that I havent thought of, that you think Id like!

CRAFT SUPPLIES (many of these things are VERY expensive here, more than 2x US prices)

* real silk for embroidery, any colours, any brand, any type its hideously expensive where I live (its probably not that cheap where you live, but I bet its cheaper than here! a very small envelope will be cheap to post, and will make me happy Smiley). I particularly love Soie d'Alger (made by Au Ver Soie). If you send me some Soie d'Alger, I will also send you a tiny pretty made with it by way of extra thanks. Smiley  
* Id really like to try the DMC Naturals linen embroidery floss.
* nice sock yarn! Machine washable would be great, I keep felting my socks!
* Noro yarn, other silk/luxury yarn, artisan yarn (I have a great local source for good wool yarns, so while I love that too, its not worth you mailing it to me Smiley)
* stainless steel yarn like this or this
* small art supplies items:-
     - pencils, markers and pens (Prismacolor/Derwent/Caran D'Ache/Posca for example, or similar artist grade things think quality rather than quantity, just a few nice things would be fab! and cheap to mail)
     - peel and sketch charcoal pencils
     - inkpads, little stencils, stamps, etc.
* DMC StitchBow floss holders - just the gold coloured sticks (I have plenty of the plastic pockets to put them in)
* nice cotton or linen fat quarters or fat eighths - the selection in the shops here is rubbish! There's heaps of wisted fabric I like to give you some ideas. I would particularly love this b&w cat fabric, this gorgeous fabric, and plain linen or wool fabric (natural, grey, green, blue). Also wool doctors flannel (for needlebooks), if its easily available where you live.
* I'd really love to get these knitting patterns - I particularly want Lalique, the cat socks, and the Jackson Pollock socks - (no postage costs to buy patterns online either!) Smiley
* some good pinking shears (for example)

EXTRAS
* yarn leftovers/oddments in any shades of blue or green, anything over about 1/4 ball (~16 metres or more) will be useful for my project. Wool or wool blends preferred please, any weight.
* I always enjoy bookmarks, vintage/interesting buttons, etc.
* small chipboard shapes
* no candy (I like it TOO much)

NB. New Zealand has tough biosecurity at the border. This is very unlikely to apply to this swap, but just in case ... Please dont send natural materials (feathers, leaves, wood, seeds e.g. lavender, etc.) Everything on my list is absolutely fine to send, but PM me if youre unsure about something. Thanks  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011 01:02:45 PM by jemimah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011 01:30:26 PM »

Hi. I am Meg from Vermont.
My 48th birthday is on the 16th.  It always storms on my birthday - real tradition after all these years.
I live with my daughter, thelastkodama and ten cats. We have a seriously tiny house on an acre of land at the end of the airport runway and I love watching the planes come in over the trees.
I love anything to do with Nature, wild animals, esp. deer, owls, chipmunks, and foxes.
I am a water baby. Even in the winter, when I see a body of water, I feel the urge to go in. I want to retire by the ocean, preferrably on the Isle of Arran in Scotland.

Here is my list of wishes -

A stretchy cookbook cover for my giant vegetarian cookbook. I will give dimensions if you claim it. My kitchen is in bright yellow with red and white accents. My favorite would be done in vintage, but that is only a preference, as I know that might be hard to come by in stretchy.

A decorated journal for my poems. The bigger the better. thanks, MarleesMom!

A cuff bracelet in turquoise colors, any way you wish to make it, without leather please.

Markers for my garden. I have tomatos, zucchini, delicata squash, winter squash, eggplant, peppers, carrots, potatos, peas, and beans. Oh, and pumpkins and strawberries.  Can be made out of anything weatherproof.

This is a HUGE wish - a mailbox. The rural kind. Ours is dead. Can be painted with any flowers  you like. Boy, if you pick this one, I will be soooo happy

A car trash basket/bag/box or whathaveyou. The color of my car is rusty orange.

Cat toys for my many friends, or cat mats for them to nap on.

A brown themed wall hanging for my brown livingroom.

A brown themed clock (wall) for  same.

Anything from my wist -     
http://www.wists.com/blupaisan

Hey, thanks for checking me out!  Have a wonderful day, fellow Craftster.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011 07:47:12 AM by blupaisan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
MarleesMom
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011 08:52:21 AM »

Hi, I am Lindsey from Georgia. My birthday is on June 18th and I will be turning 22. I am married with one little one, Marlee. She is 2.5 and crazy about playing in the dirt and gardening. We are expecting a new addition in Jan. I like a little bit of everything. I love bright colors.. not neon. I like snails, foxes, unicorns, space. OH, my favorite thing lately is vintage florals. As I said I live in GA and it is amazingly HOT here. We don't do cable at my house, but I LOVE Big Bang Theory. I have only been a member of Crafster for a little while, but all of the awesome crocheted stuff is inspiring me to learn. I would love just about anything you crocheted for me! I like more vintage-y or funky rather than super girly.

I have no allergies

Anything from or inspired by my wist Smiley
http://www.wists.com/MarleesMom

- A cute lunchbox! I have a dorky looking thrifted black one, lol.
-Reusable grocery bags/napkins/sandwich bags [we have some, but there's never enough]
- This is a HUGE ONE, but a diaper bag. Gender neutral, as we don't know boy or     girl. Basically anything you could come up with!
- Bag/purse.. I am bag crazy - Thank you Calabaza!
- Any kind of funky Hoopla
- A wind chime Smiley
- Earrings or Jewelry in general
- Fun appliqued/painted/stenciled shirts in 3T for my daughter Thanks Nellyeagle!
- A friendship type bracelet, but wide
- A knit slouchy hat
- Magnets!
- Slippers
- Cute Headbands
- Pin Cushion - any kind
- Crocheted creature. I have been eying a little octopus.
- Crocheted surprise Smiley

Supplies:
- Fabric Remnants of any size
- Buttons
- Instructions/supplies for crocheting.. that would be AWESOME
- random beads, buttons, pipe cleaners, pom-poms (crafty kid supplies)
- Old T-shirts for recycling
- Old Sweaters for the same reason

Extras:
-Chocolate
-Nail Polish
-Bubbles in cool containers/shapes
-Stickers

Thanks for looking!

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011 08:47:52 AM by MarleesMom » THIS ROCKS   Logged
GiddyUpMunky

Double stuffed baby!

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011 10:30:19 PM »

I am Lindsey and I turn 27 on June 30th! I'm a stay at home mom currently, hoping to start teaching middle school English next year. I have a 10 month old son named CJ. I have the dorkiest dork of a husband (it's part of why I married him) and a shiba inu (it's a dog) named Kami. My house is (supposed to be) nautical themed and my son's room is pirate themed. I have a wist (wists.com/munkyluver) and an etsy favorites (http://www.etsy.com/people/ElCapitanGiddyUp/favorites?ref=si_fav )and a pinterest (pinterest.com/mamamunky). I collect teacups, piggy banks, headbands, angel figurines, things from the Middle East and France, and someday babies. I'm in love with Captain Hook.

Crafted Items:
A Doctor Who stuffie
A Tardis of some kind
A skirt like some that I have on my wist
A cute (big) bag that I can use as a diaper bag and a purse
Screen printed/bleach penned shirts with book sayings I can wear when I teach English literature
Something related to the tv shows Supernatural or The Big Bang Theory, or Star Trek (TNG or original series)
A dress form (miniature version)
An amigurumi of a ninja turtle, elephant, peacock, Dalek, or some sort of mythological creature
A teacup candle
A sign for my house with my last name (Aylward) on it.
Anything pirate related.
Solar system painting/quilt/something
Nautical/pin up/ 1950's clothing
Something Slytherin (Draco himself would be fine, Lucius if Draco is busy)
A terrarium
A mini-shrine (to the moon or Buddha)
Bookplates (blank or say "The Aylward Family")
I would love to start wearing a random color streak and/or feather in my hair, so any help with that would be AWESOME.

Supplies:
Soft pretty yarns
Felt
I really need frames larger than 4x6
Lots of paint chips or paint samples Thanks Lynzzz232 who knows how to spell her name properly!!
Stuff to put up in my classroom
I want to start making mosaics so anything that would help with that would be awesome.
Fabric fat quarters

I love teas of all kinds, I like fruity candy or chocolate and peanut butter together.
I would love someone to come to my house and teach me how to use the sewing machine I bought two years ago that I have never even taken out of the box! I don't think that's allowed though.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011 09:37:01 PM by GiddyUpMunky » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pair a Smoky Eye With a Bold Lip
How to Do Lower-Lid Liner
Get the Perfect Flush for Medium Complexions
Learn How to Apply Ombre Eye Makeup
Beauty Quickie: How to Remove Nail Polish
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...