A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Inchie Scavenger Hunt (Sign-ups 6/01/11-6/12/11, Send outs 6/27/11)  (Read 4673 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tree27
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2011 01:14:16 PM »

On the front page it just says YES/NO next to the delivery confirmation question. Since it was unclear I didn't use one because I've never been in an inchie swap where they were required, and I just send in a regular envelope. I did use extra postage to make sure it would get there. If you take it to the counter they can put it through the tester to make sure it will fit in the machine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ChameleonHound
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Odds 'n ends are my specialty.

Beware the Platypirates and their tri-corner hats.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2011 01:17:22 PM »

I sent mine out today, and didn't put DC or extra postage on it. I did ask them to hand stamp it only (and it was written on the envelope), which should keep it from going through the machine and getting stuck on any bulgy bits.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever happened to the ongoing hoopla swaps?
leslieyam
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2011 01:21:38 PM »

Thanks for the advice guys.  I ended up just mailing it regular mail (no DC).  I just got antsy and I did add extra postage.  My inchies happened to be super flat (no brads or beads), so I think I'll be okay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My TTC blog with cartoons:
http://hanginthereforbaby.blogspot.com/
*Updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!
kimchery
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2011 01:24:08 PM »

A DC is ALWAYS required for a package for swaps on craftster, EXCEPT for paper-based swaps that will fit into an unpadded envelope because you can't get a DC for them.  I doubled checked with a mod on almost every paper based swap I've been in, and I that is always the same answer.  The only paper based swap I had to get a DC for was a handmade card swap, bc 5 cards + 5 envelopes = bigger than a standard envelope.  

I tried to get a DC for a regular envelope going to Canada a month ago.  They said there wasn't such an option.

If you have no beads or brads, I would stick a stamp and send it that way too....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty Butterfly

Everythin's shiny Cap'n

« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2011 02:27:46 PM »

I apologise for not checking this swap thread more often and not making it clear in the introductory post. I agree that for small papercraft swaps where hte finnished items fit in a regular envelope that a DC# is not necessary. If you put them in a padded envelope and feel like paying for delivery confirmation go for it, however it is not required. if there are any 3-d elements or anything that sticks up more than a sticker I would strongly suggest telling the postal worker that it is Non-machineable.   

From my understanding of swaps so far if a small envelope goes missing and there is no DC# then it is the senders responsibility to remake and resend.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

nilmerg

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2011 08:44:43 PM »

It is send out day today!!!!!

Please make sure that you get your inchies mailed today and let Crafty Butterfly or I know when you have sent and also when you recieve.

Thanks

Also Re the DC. When i organise inchie swaps, I always say that No DC is required, BUT you are also required to replace the inchies if they get lost or damaged in the post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyalien8

Neverending sculptor.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2011 10:53:48 PM »

Anyone one that was in the beginner's inchie swap - did you think this swap was a lot harder?

The whole not making the same type of inchie more than once was suuuuper hard. THOUGH, I like how it forced me to be more creative overall.

Thanks, organizers for this swap! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChameleonHound
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Odds 'n ends are my specialty.

Beware the Platypirates and their tri-corner hats.

« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2011 08:54:47 AM »

Anyone one that was in the beginner's inchie swap - did you think this swap was a lot harder?

The whole not making the same type of inchie more than once was suuuuper hard. THOUGH, I like how it forced me to be more creative overall.

I completely agree. It was like trying to merge the individual inchie theme with your partner's themes three times each! It was fun, but it took me a lot longer than the beginner inchie swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever happened to the ongoing hoopla swaps?
mandys_momma
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2011 05:54:48 PM »

Oh yeah, this swap was MUCH harder than the beginner's inchie swap. I really had to use my tired brain to come up w/ ideas.

BTW everyone - I received today from FrankSpinella. Will post pics tomorrow when I have better light. It's already dark here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jonnamarco

Shave us Messiah!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2011 01:22:03 PM »

I wish my partner would get her inchies. Anyone know how long it usually takes for an envelope to go from the U.S. to Australia? I sent it first class, not that I know what that means in terms of time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pottery: How to Make a Planter Pot
Pottery: How to Make a Large Pot
Pottery: How to Make a Double-Walled Vessel
Pottery: How to Make a Bottle Form
Different Shapes of Pottery Products
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...