A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,457
Currently Running With Scissors:
721 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Divination (marbles) bag  (Read 1029 times)
Tags for this thread: drawstring_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sonja_Amsterdam
Absolute beginner

Stopped trying, started doing.

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2011 05:08:41 AM »

I made this divination bag* for a friend of mine and wanted to share it with you guys/girls. It is a simple marbles bag pattern that is really one of the only things I can properly sew on my machine right now Wink The elephant was already on the fabric. The fabric was part of a big box of 'rags' picked up by my sister at a thrift store where she also bought me a second hand sewing box (you know, one of those old fashioned wooden ones with harmonica compartments). She used the rags as padding to transport the box. I loved the rags as much as the box:-) And I was dying to do something with the elephant fabric. The ribbon was leftover from a present I made for my mom a few years ago but it was just the right color.

Here's a shot of the fabric and the sewing box. In reality the fabric is a much richer green but I cannot seem to get it on camera... Angry

*What is a 'divination bag'? It's meant to hold your choice of 'divination tools'. These could be runes, stones, tarot cards or, in our case, any old small items we find on the 'street' that could have symbolic meaning to us and could help us when we're stuck with an issue that plays in our live. To give you some examples of what I've got in my own divination bag: small mirror (reflection, look at yourself), ring (commitment, what goes around comes around), small buddha earring (slow down, meditate, reflect). You get the idea.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Say that again? Slowly....
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011 05:52:27 AM »

You've got the pouch centred perfectly. I do love the fabric too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
yzag
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011 09:40:03 AM »

Love this and the idea of random small things that hold the meaning for you. I think I will do that. If I sew someone will have to sit next to me and show me because I still do not thave tha hang of the machine. Great Job and great inspiration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sonja_Amsterdam
Absolute beginner

Stopped trying, started doing.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011 11:32:49 AM »

If I sew someone will have to sit next to me and show me because I still do not thave tha hang of the machine.

I know what you mean Grin I do so much more when my mom is over to help me Wink But I am trying out new things now and again. But I also found out that sewing by hand can be just as quick (esspecially if you don't know your machine and you keep getting stuck...) and very calming.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Say that again? Slowly....
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Preparing for Pregnancy in 5 Easy Steps
Middle Men by Jim Gavin
Daniel Wallace Talks About His Novel The Kings and Queens of Roam
The King Years by Taylor Branch
The 10 Second Rule Makes Following Jesus Easy
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...