A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,739
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Attachments FAQ  (Read 1466 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« on: May 27, 2011 11:01:56 AM »

You can read our announcement regarding attachments here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=381539.0

What are attachments?

An attachment will be a picture or pdf file that is stored in a Craftster database and available to download. That means that if you would like to upload a PDF pattern that you've made or a large image file of a pattern piece, you're now able to do so without leaving Craftster!

Here are some examples of what attachments will look like in the forum:
Click for larger view.

They will be under the text of a post but above the member's signature.

A few things to note:
  • Anyone who is a member will be able to view attachments. Guests will NOT be able to view attachments.
  • Currently, the only accepted formats are jpg, png, gif, or pdf.
  • Maximum file size is roughly 2MB per attachment (8MB per post).
  • Please do not upload anything that does not belong to you (ie pdf patterns you downloaded from other people).
  • Attachments should not be used for pictures of your completed item, only for patterns, tutorials, or other similar uses.

How will attachments be uploaded?

If you are a member of the "Tutorial Contributor" group, you can upload them yourself! See this thread for full instructions: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=381541.0

If you're not a Tutorial Contributor, that's ok! We can definitely do that for you! Just send your attachment(s) and a link to your thread to our email address:

attachments@craftster.org

sweets4ever and I will take turns handling these requests. We will update your thread or let you know if there's a problem. Smiley

How do people become tutorial contributors?  

Any member who has 4 or more tutorials or patterns WITH NO BLOG LINKS in the thread and at least THREE in progress pictures or drawings (patterns exempt) will be eligible to be in this new group.
Here's our handy breakdown:

• 4 Tutorials
  • 3 In Progress Pictures Each
  • 2 Types of Attachments (picture or PDF)
  • 1 Awesome new member category!
  • 0 Blog links

No one will be added to the Tutorial Contributor group unless they meet the requirements, not even moderators! We're starting off with a small group of people who we've checked in advance but we would love to add you if you meet the criteria!  Please send us an email at attachments@craftster.org with your four tutorial links and we'll get you fixed as soon as we can.

Are attachments safe?

We feel that by making this capability available to only a select few members who have put time and effort into sharing the Craftster spirit with the community that any potential problems are close to nil.  Sweets4ever and I will also screen any attachments that we upload for non-contributors to make sure they are safe for download.

Help! I don't see my attachment if I preview my post!

You won't be able to see your attachment until the deed is done so to speak. Wink Don't worry. You can always edit your attachments later if something doesn't load correctly (although that shouldn't be an issue).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012 09:34:05 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Halloween Yard Critters
How to Draw a Face Using Just White Color
Use a Dome Round Brush to Paint Highlights
How to Draw Cartoons Using Basic Letters
How to Draw a Mouse Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...