A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 05/27/11 - Attachments and Tutorial Contributors!  (Read 8764 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2011 05:27:08 PM »

At the moment ther's no real simple way. You can either go through their topics, or hope that their tutorials are tagged "tutorial" and search for their name on the tag page.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

badpuppy

It's a fine line between 'hobby' & 'mental illness

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2011 05:27:49 PM »

This is a very handy feature!  I like it.

I have a question about the Craftster Terms of Service, though.  It has this to say about our ownership of content we upload:

Member Content: Ownership & License

We do not claim ownership rights over your Member Content. However, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display Member Content through the Services. You grant each user of the Services a non-exclusive license to access your Member Content, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Member Content under these Terms of Use.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, you understand and agree that once Member Content is incorporated into other aspects of the Services by Craftster and/or its members, Craftster is under no obligation to delete or ask or require other Craftster members to delete that Member Content, and therefore, it may continue to appear and be used through the Services indefinitely pursuant to an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license. You understand and agree that we may retain, but will not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of Member Content that have been removed or deleted.

Does this mean that if we upload content, that Craftster can redistrubute it in any medium?  Or just on the site?  For example, if Craftster decided to come out with a book using tutorials posted on the site, would it/they/you need to ask my permission?  Or could you just publish my tutorial in the book under the above TOS?

I totally respect that a forum like this needs terms like this, I'm just not that great at understanding this kind of stuff, and for some reason the attachment thing made me think of it.  Thanks!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A-ok with personal swaps.

Attempting my first quilt.  English paper piecing.  Sewing together 900 hexagons.
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011 05:38:28 PM »

I can't really speak to what we CAN do based on that TOS (it's Friday and way past work hours  my brain won't allow it Wink) but I can speak to what we DO do. Basically that means that we can make thumbnails from your images (for say featured projects or tutorial lists), that we can put your threads on our blog or Facebook, that we can share it with a newspaper or magazine (like we recently did with Readymade. Hopefully I can link here soon). Of course it's always to our benefit and yours to link back to your post in that situation. I can't imagine a situation like a book where we wouldn't contact people beforehand and make sure they were ok with it. That's pretty big time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011 05:56:27 PM »

I can't really speak to what we CAN do based on that TOS (it's Friday and way past work hours  my brain won't allow it Wink) but I can speak to what we DO do. Basically that means that we can make thumbnails from your images (for say featured projects or tutorial lists), that we can put your threads on our blog or Facebook, that we can share it with a newspaper or magazine (like we recently did with Readymade. Hopefully I can link here soon). Of course it's always to our benefit and yours to link back to your post in that situation. I can't imagine a situation like a book where we wouldn't contact people beforehand and make sure they were ok with it. That's pretty big time!

Absolutely agree with everything jungrrl stated here! Smiley

I also cannot say technically what we could do based on the small print, as I'm not the savvy legal team.  But just as jungrrl mentioned, I can also agree to what we do currently, and that is everything she mentioned (featured projects, tutorial lists, etc.).  We also feature and use images & some content in our monthly newsletter, but it always links back to the site/community, as that is our home and true love. Smiley

At the end of the day, we are trying to make it more enjoyable and user-friendly here on the site, so being able to host patterns and tutorials is just the next logical step in that goal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
SoCraftyTal

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011 06:09:27 PM »

I can speak for what we can do with "Member Content" aka the project images and ideas you share here on Craftster.org. By posting content (images, text, files) in the Craftster forums, you grant us the right to "use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display" your content how we see fit. However, you do not grant us the right to sell your content for our ("our" being Craftster.org and its parent company) own personal commercial gain. We will never sell your project images or ideas without getting explicit permission from you, the owner of said project or idea.

We do our best to promote your work across the interwebz, and across print and television, whenever possible. We do this to not only promote your projects and ideas, but to also promote our community and brand! We don't promote member content anywhere in exchange for our own monetary gain, unless we have explicit permission from the owner of the member content to do so.

If you have any other specific questions related to our legal Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, please PM me!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011 06:15:22 PM by SoCraftyTal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to get notified instantly when someone adds a project of yours as their favorite? Support Craftster and unlock more features as a Friend of Craftster!
eternallyeve
Tutorial Contributor

Live - Love - Create

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011 09:20:18 PM »

Thankyou craftster! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come visit me Smiley
Website - Gallery - Blog - Tutorials - Store

Our collaborative craft blog!
Hand Made-n's
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2011 09:21:27 PM »

Thankyou craftster! Cheesy

Thank you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2011 07:31:57 PM »

this is awesome!!!..... i just sent an email with 4 of my tutorials, hopefully they are ok..... and when some of my brain power comes back i will have to really dig into what we are going to be able to do....

thanks to all of you "upstairs".... you guys are amazing!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2011 02:34:47 AM »

Wooohooo! I love tutorials!

I enjoy reading someone's thought processes through a project and creating my own. Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2011 02:55:33 AM »

This is awesome!! Thanks mods and tutee contributors!!  Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Program by Suzanne Young
The Demonologist by Andrew Pyper
Valerie Harper Talks About Her Audiobook I, Rhoda
Manology Cover Shoot With Tyrese and Rev Run
Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...