A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
447 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Henna hair dye?  (Read 1035 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KharmicCurse
« on: May 26, 2011 08:45:25 PM »

So I would like to dye my hair with henna, but I do not have a market that sells any locally.

What is a good brand to look for online?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hebe73
Anything crafty goes...

Rawr like Lion!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011 10:19:24 AM »

I use Henne Henna powder in auburn. I usually get it from ebay as it is the cheapest usually. Have you dyed your hair before henna or otherwise and what colour is your own hair?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in Personal Swaps..

My Ravelry
My Wists
Gonny
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011 11:57:40 AM »

I'm incredibly loyal to Light Mountain brand. The "red" is the only one I can find that has just henna, nothing else in it. It has a fox on the box. Unless your hair is super super thick or long, you should have enough in a box for several batches. I can usually use one box for three or four dyes, and my hair is thick-ish and about waist length.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=qU8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=light+mountain+henna&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1280&bih=542&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=14281906647242194303&sa=X&ei=sOfjTcWLJ8rKgQfWx8CjBg&ved=0CE4Q8gIwAQ
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011 07:59:32 PM »

www.hennaforhair.com

www.hennahut.com

are 2 places online that have good henna..

I started using the one from Lush-I didnt look where you were from and if you have one near by..I started using that one just because it was convenient..but have gone online since the one from Lush was super duper expensive :/

good luck Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
KharmicCurse
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011 09:34:27 PM »

Thank you for the replies!

Have you dyed your hair before henna or otherwise and what colour is your own hair?

I have not dyed it with Henna, but I've been dying my hair for a decade now, give or take. I kept it burgundy for a long while, then dyed it dark brown. Around Easter last year, I bleached the majority of it and dyed those parts pink with Jerome Russell Punky Colour; the pink stayed vibrant in it until I had it cut and overdyed it with Herbal Essences dye in dark brown. I would like a burgundy-ish color with the henna, but am not sure what the range of colors available are. I will probably lighten my hair before I use the henna, so it's not just brown with red highlights.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LMAshton
Kitchen Witch

Canada -> Sri Lanka -> New Zealand -> Singapore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011 10:45:38 PM »

If you need help deciding how to do your henna for whatever colours/shades you're looking at, the first resource you need to check out is the link for henna4hair listed above. It's an EXCELLENT site with a LOT of useful information, including a ton of recipes contributed by everyday henna users and before/after pics.

Personally, I've been using henna brought from Dubai by my sister in law for the last bunch of years when I lived in Sri Lanka. Now that I'm in Auckland, I'll be using whatever the Indian shops have - I've already checked 'em out, and they carry pure henna, so it's no problem.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MamaVSoap
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011 04:26:06 PM »

I like From Nature With Love http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/product.asp?product_id=HERBHENNA&searchflag=1 because they're quick, reliable, and generally local to me (same coast). This is what I use on my hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CeeJayRose
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011 12:04:21 AM »

http://www.hennasooq.ca/ca-store/index.php

They have a Canadian and US store. I love that site. I have used Jamila as well as Yemeni. I don't bother trying to buy mixes. I prefer just plain henna.

I also suggest NOT lightening your hair before coloring or else when you colour your roots they will be a different color than the rest of your hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kiera-oona
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011 10:20:40 AM »

www.thehennapage.com  Ive bought their indigo dyes.  They are very flexible with payment methods and are great for communications.  They also have a TONNE of tutorials
THIS ROCKS   Logged
klnelson11
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011 05:36:41 PM »

be careful using henna if you have recently dyed your hair with other products--it can react differently and produce odd colors.  the websites listed here will mention that though. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Suicune
How to Draw Stitch
The Ultimate Lab Color Mode Trick For Boosting Colors
How to Draw Stimpy
How to Draw Steve
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...