1. Place the needle with the cast on stitches in your Left hand with the point of the needle facing to the right.
2. Hold the empty needle in your right hand. Hold the working yarn (the yarn attached to the ball) in your right hand. Note: The yarn is held to the front of both needles.
3. Insert the Right needle into the front of the first stitch on the Left needle. The needles will form an "X" with the right one in the front.
4. Pinch both needles with your left hand. Wrap the yarn around the right needle (going between the needles) then back around the front to the right.
5. Pull the right needle to the back(bringing along the yarn you just wrapped). So now you'll still have an "X" but with the right needle in the back.
6. Slide the stitch off the left needle. So now you should have one stitch on the right (and one less on the left).
7. Repeat to the end. All the stitches should now on the right needle and the left needle should be empty.
To start another row, just move the right needle to the left hand and start all over again!
NOTE: When Purling, the yarn is held to the front. When Knitting, the yarn is held to the back.
Please feel free to let me know if any of this doesn't make sense or you have any questions. I can always take more pictures or add more descriptions to make this more clear.