Alrighty, so we Cast On
as may stitches as required, now we are ready to knit!
1. Place the needle with the cast on stitches in your Left hand with the point of the needle facing to the right.
2. Hold the empty needle in your right hand. Hold the working yarn (the yarn attached to the ball) in your right hand. Note: The yarn is held to the back of both needles.
3. Insert the Right needle into the front of the first stitch on the Left needle. The needles will form an "X" with the right one in the back.
4. Pinch both needles with your left hand. Wrap the yarn behind the right needle and then between both needles.
5. Pull the right needle to the front (bringing along the yarn you just wrapped). So now you'll still have an "X" but with the right needle in the front.
6. Slide the stitch off the left needle. So now you should have one stitch on the right (and one less on the left).
7. Repeat to the end. All the stitches should now on the right needle and the left needle should be empty.
To start another row, just move the right needle to the left hand and start all over again!
You now know the easiest Knitting Stitch Pattern - Garter Stitch - which is simply knitting every row!
Please feel free to let me know if any of this doesn't make sense or you have any questions. I can always take more pictures or add more descriptions to make this more clear.