A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,775
Currently Running With Scissors:
357 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Business Card "Take One!" Display!  (Read 512 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RenDuH

Let's go ask Mr. Beardsley. MISTER BEARDSLEEYY!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 25, 2011 09:52:21 PM »

Didn't really know where to put this, so I hope this is the appropriate category! <3

I've been looking for ways to try and advertise my photography, and came up with this!
I had some extra clothespins lying around from a previous project, so I decided to hot glue my business cards to them, then pin them onto a strip so that people could do the whole "take one" thing.  :3

Before I glued and attached everything though, I "laminated" everything with clear packaging tape, which is something I do a lot--because it works so well!  Basically, it's just clear packaging tape on both sides of the business card (and the thing the cards are attached to, for extra durability), and I make sure to leave a tiny border around everything, that way it's truly water/weatherproof (for if I wanted to hang this display outside....I think I'm gonna put it up on the bulletin board of my local grocery store or community center though).

It was super simple--only took me about 10 minutes--and I think it's creative enough for people to remember it  Smiley

Pics!!
(and considering the fact that this whole post is basically about advertising my photography, please don't think that these pictures are the quality that I normally shoot in--these were taken with my cell phone.  I was just too lazy to take them with a REAL camera and upload them that way...cell phone is faster.  XD)

Front:

Back:

"Action shot" (aka, me holding it up to show what it would look like hanging, lol):

Let me know what you think!  Wink

***EDIT:  Oh!! And the thing at the bottom says "*Free clothespin with business card!*" lol***
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011 09:53:38 PM by RenDuH » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Master of all things spelling and grammar related.

.:RenDuH:.
p.kok
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011 11:56:40 PM »

I really like the idea!
Something bothers me a little, though. The huge letters that say please and then an exclamation mark on the end... It kinda feels like someone is screaming at you:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Pot Roast in a Dutch Oven
How to make BBQ Pork Roast
How to make Boiled Peanuts
How to make Collard Greens
How to make a Ham
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...