A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
759 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Wants My Dress...Update  (Read 14354 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2011 09:32:51 AM »

I think you should say 15k-20k. If they shoot you down try 12k-15k. Do not go beneath 5k. You're incredibly talented and you deserve a lot more than You think for this dress. Besides, if you're goIng to go to college, having a larger sum of money available will be absolute Heaven for you, trust me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
Ms_Sunshine
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2011 03:03:20 PM »

I think you should say 15k-20k. If they shoot you down try 12k-15k. Do not go beneath 5k. You're incredibly talented and you deserve a lot more than You think for this dress. Besides, if you're goIng to go to college, having a larger sum of money available will be absolute Heaven for you, trust me.
I agree do not go lower than 5k as it is one of a kind and you did spend 100+ hours. Look at what couture dresses go for in Paris or London.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
karin_

Swedish craftster!

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2011 06:09:29 AM »

I'm dying of the suspense here! Please oh please DuctTapeRockStar,let us know when you have closed the deal... Hope you get tons of money for it, you're worth it for all your hard work!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog
My wist
would love to do a personal swap/atc swap! pm me Smiley
Kat1982
Last night, I lay in my bed, looking up at the stars, thinking to myself "Where the heck is my ceiling?"

I just am. That is all.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2011 08:22:24 PM »

My husband suggests talking to a lawyer. Not only is it one of a kind, but they are seeking to put it in a museum where it will be added to stock that they will be making profit off of daily. I think that would be your best course of action, get a professional opinion so you don't get burned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*Don't follow in my footsteps, I tend to walk into walls*

*I had a friend once, but then the rope broke and he got away*

http://craftsquirrel.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheLopsidedPopsicle
RenDuH

Let's go ask Mr. Beardsley. MISTER BEARDSLEEYY!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2011 08:30:51 PM »

My husband suggests talking to a lawyer. Not only is it one of a kind, but they are seeking to put it in a museum where it will be added to stock that they will be making profit off of daily. I think that would be your best course of action, get a professional opinion so you don't get burned.

I DEFINITELY agree with this suggestion.  It's not like you're selling it to a regular buyer--you're selling it to a business that's going to make money off of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Master of all things spelling and grammar related.

.:RenDuH:.
DuctTapeRockStar
Maowzers.

Maowzers.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2011 06:05:49 PM »

Okay, so we've been sorta emailing (Okay they've been emailing my dad) and they want $450 for the set (my Doritos one and the pop tab one)...Fair price? I know it's a lot less than what everyone on here's been saying...But I mean, I don't know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Greatness is more than potential. It is the execution of that potential. Beyond the raw talent. You need the appropriate training. You need the discipline. You need the inspiration. You need the drive."

~ Eric A. Burns
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2011 07:14:40 PM »

Is the reason they're emailing with your dad instead of you specifically because you aren't 18?

1: That's even cooler that they want both dresses
2: They're severely undercutting you
3: If it was 450$ per dress, even that would be more reasonable than what they're offering. :s
4: Have you stressed to them the fact of how much work went into these dresses and whatnot?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
CelesMaxwell
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2011 07:52:16 PM »

They're undercutting you because you're a young & "unknown" artist.  The cost to you in soda tabs alone justifies a higher buying price.

Tell them it's worth far more to you than that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shinypinkbubbles
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2011 08:59:31 PM »

I don't think I would even bother selling them for $450. That much money probably wouldn't even buy you a nice dress from a high-street shop. Ultimately, the decision you need to make is whether you would rather have the two dresses in your possession or the money.

But that said, I wonder (and think you should be wondering) what you would get for them if you sold them through, for example, Ebay or Etsy? Or a gallery for that matter? What do ordinary prom dresses sell for? If you are going to sell you should be looking for the best offer.

Also keep in mind: if you were working for minimum wage, the amount of money you would have earned in the time you spent making those dresses would be more than they are offering you for them.

Best, best, BEST wishes to you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainbowsewist
open to personal swaps

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2011 09:05:51 PM »

kindly tell them 'no thank you'. The amount of time you put into the dresses is worth more than that. Contact a retail/business lawyer, they will tell you the same thing. Hold out for at least $5k, but nothing less. If they want it they will pay, if not it's their loss! You might be young, but that doesn't give them the right to try to rip you off!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog ~ http://neverremembers.blogspot.com
http://wists.com/rainbowsewist

ive got rubber stamps im not using anymore, wanna trade?? i'd kill for a cornish pixie poppet!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a 1940s Wave
How To Get Big Beachy Waves With A Curling Wand
How To Make A Messy Braid Look Good: Hair Tips
How to Style Your Hair Into a Wet Look Bun
Say Goodbye to Dry, Damaged Hair in 2013
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...