A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 306,398
Currently Running With Scissors:
691 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 18 Gallery!!!!  (Read 18613 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: May 25, 2011 09:17:14 AM »

Original Thread

Watch out for Awesomeness!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StickerChic87
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011 12:32:38 PM »

Woohoo! Finally I get to share my goodies that I received from Calabaza last week! (apologies for the picture quality. they always seem better on the camera screen. plus its been cloudy for the past week.)

First off, this skirt is awesome! It fits perfectly. I already wore it to a nieces birthday party. Oh, and the belt is Sgt Peppers Beatles print...AMAZING Grin

Next, this bag from my Pinterest! I cant believe how well made this thing is! Ive been hauling my stuff around since I got it, and it is the perfect size!

This is what I believe to be a dish drying mat. At least, that is what it is being used for and it is doing a great job! And it has the cutest apple cut out.

Some goodies for the hubster! A cool Star Wars sticker and a Vader print on a dictionary page, which is the page containing the word 'dark.' Im on the hunt for the perfect frame now.

These coasters are awesome! As soon as I pulled them out of the box, my husband was like 'Give me one of those!' and snatched one for his computer desk. Cheesy And those little buttons are the cutest magnets!

Pillow cases! Jane Austen, an apple, and Tetris! The Tetris and Austen ones are on the bed now!

Not one, but TWO scarves off of my Pinterest! Both color schemes are great!

And last but not least, this cute little headband (that Ive been wearing all the time as well as right now Grin).

Seriously, I was super spoiled by Calabaza!

C- Thanks again sooo much for everything. I love it all (as you can tell from all the use everything has already gotten, haha!). Your sewing skills are top notch, and I would love to swap with you anytime! Cheesy (Oh, and if you have better pics, feel free to post them!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011 12:54:53 PM »

What a wonderful package and great way to start our gallery!! I love the apple mat - the reverse applique work looks awesome. Must try that.

Those scarves are really neat too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011 01:47:13 PM »

lol, scrolling down through that package I just kept going "OMG!  OMG!  OMG!  WOW!!!  SO CUTE!"  I loved everything!  I don't need a drying mat but I did especially love that piece!  The skirt is ADORABLE and the purse is super duper cute and I love love love the vader print!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
jemimah
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011 03:40:45 PM »

That is a fantastic start to the gallery!

I just got my AMAZING package from Leslieshappyheart! Grin I was completely bowled over, everything is gorgeous! It's a very grey day here, so I'm sorry the pics are a little dull, but I'm sure you will see how wonderful it all is!

All the loot:-

Leslie made some of my fave quotes (and 1 or 2 of hers) into cute buttons Cheesy made two pretty, and very fun, brooches straight off my wist, and sewed this sweet little pouch (also off my wist) out of the cutest British fabric (from Japan! Cheesy) - perfect for keys, cash and cards to run to the shops.

She made one of her specialities - a beautiful pincushion with a quote from my favourite book of the Bible on it - perfect! And it's complete with handcrafted pins! two sweet mushrooms and a whole flock of tiny birds! She also included some lovely vintage silk embroidery thread (so pretty!), and some tiny toy eyes (hard to find here).

Now all that would have been a pretty darn fantastic package ... but I haven't even got to the best thing ... a cat bag!

It's GORGEOUS, and perfectly made! I love it Grin

gratuitous close-up - this is all hand-stitched folks!!

Thank you so much Leslie, you sent a package full of my favourite things! I really appreciate all the care and thought you put into it all - you are a fantastic swap partner! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011 03:47:36 PM »

What a wonderful package!! The cat bag is beyond awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phoenixfiredesigns

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011 04:20:55 PM »

I love how cute the cat bag is!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011 04:31:23 PM »

Yay! I'm so happy that you're happy, Stickerchic! I had soooo much fun with your package and loved trying all the new things (I have now made 5 of those bags to date  Grin ) I'd love to partner with you again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StickerChic87
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011 05:50:40 PM »

I HAD to pin that pincushion...(haha...'pin' the 'pin'cushion...ok its been a long day Cool). Thats an awesome package though, great job!

Calabaza- Dude seriously those bags are so awesome! I was examining it (bc Im very new to sewing Smiley) and cant believe how well made it is! You are so talented!  Oh, and this morning I told my husband he wasnt allowed to touch my Tetris pillow or he might be overwhelmed with the awesomeness and try to steal it. Grin Of course he just rolled his eyes haha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

susanab
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011 06:58:56 PM »

Your gallery is already awesomeness IYP craftsters!i like esp the 2 scarves and coasters Calabaza made!Pretty! That cat bag from Leslieshappyheart  is beyond my crafting understanding and i love that Japanese/British fabric purse. Handmade bird pins!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chef Eric Ripert on His Childhood Inspirations
Celebrating the 30th Annual Aspen Food and Wine Classic
How to Make Perfect Baked Eggs
A Popsicle Made from Holy Water and Liquor
Sandwich Stories: Pastrami on Rye
Latest Blog Articles
Folding in the New Year!
Tute Tuesday: Joan Jett Inspired Black Heart Soap
The X-Files

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...