A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,368
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WIP Wednesday - May 25  (Read 593 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: May 25, 2011 05:53:53 AM »

Boy, this Wednesday came fast!  I really haven't done much knitting this week.  I've had a crazy weekend moving my grandpa back into his house.  I took my knitting with me but didn't touch it at all!

The project I've been working on for a swap, I decided it's going to take me way way way too long to finish before the deadline (and it's become way more than a "large" for swapping).  These are going to be some pretty mittens though.  The pattern is End of May Mittens so you can see what they are going to look like.  I've been wanting to make these for awhile now so I'm glad at least they are started.

A tiny tiny bit of progress on one arm of my Pinwheel sweater:

I have made absolutely no progress this week on my purple sweater or green socks.  Oh well, maybe this week. Smiley

Maybe you guys had a more productive week.  What are you working on this week??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tephra
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011 08:27:07 AM »

I wasn't as productive as I would have liked. We went up to the U.P. for the weekend and I thought I'd have two full days of nothing to do but read and knit... and then the water pump died after just a few hours. So I got one evening of knitting in before we headed back home to the distractions of the internet.

I did get a lot done on the socks though:

I have about 10 rounds of ribbing to do to finish them. Socks are something I basically only knit for myself, which means I'm always knitting a size 13... they take ages. Tongue

I knit another water bottle cozy so we're set for the convention next month. Metal water bottles are awesome when you have a free supply of ice water around a convention, but they sweat so the cotton cozies will hopefully cut down on the damp.

I just did a couple rows on the sweater, not enough to bother with a new photo. I really want to finish that up before it gets cool enough to wear it. Or more precisely, before it's way too hot to have that much knitting in my lap.

Since I was home more than I expected I did get to work on the doll top:

I'm actually further along than this now, about twenty rows further, as I just completed the increases for the hips. Since I have to take it off the needles to try it on the doll this will be the last photo before I bind off. I'll take one after I bind off the hem but before I cut the thread (in case I need to rip back) and another after I finish up the armhole opening.

I may have to start a new project before the weekend, we're thinking of trying to head north again.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011 11:10:26 AM »

The socks are looking nice!  So close to being done!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tephra
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011 11:32:04 AM »

The socks are looking nice!  So close to being done!  Smiley

Thanks! The stitch pattern is something I found here on Craftster (in this thread) and loved, but I don't wear scarves so I put it on a sock. Smiley I tweaked it a bit, and mirrored the k7tog as s7k on the second sock. I was worried about the bulk from that massive decrease but the previous pair I knit with the pattern gives me no problems even in tightly laced shoes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011 12:51:34 PM »

Wow, you guys should give yourself more credit for productivity!  Tephra: amazing progress on the socks, and that sweater is just so incredible! Such tiny thread and needles...AMAZING.  SarahJ, I'm loving those mittens so far...is that pink part going to be a turned hem?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011 04:53:49 PM »

Yea, that pink is going to go inside.  When I saw the pattern I thought I would have to knit a whole lining but I actually like this way better!  Less work.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elmom
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011 10:05:08 AM »

OK it's friday and i'm finally posting to WIP Wednesday!!! I needed my daughter's helping resizing pics --i'm finished this cardigan --it's a Lion Brand pattern and the yarn is nature's choice cotton. i liked the yarn, but this is my first cardigan so i'm going to need some guidance sewing it together...it seems big and baggy..and the sleeves say "raglan" so they look like wings-   Cheesy-but i'm just excited that i'm done..i'll try to post when it's sewn up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011 10:22:45 AM »

i liked the yarn, but this is my first cardigan so i'm going to need some guidance sewing it together...

I would definitely recommend mattress stitch! It really, REALLY makes everything look professional and nice.  It takes a little time to do, but the results are so worth it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Scarf
How to Crochet a Flower
How to Crochet a Bag
How to Crochet a Beanie
How to Crochet a Baby Blanket
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce
Mountain Views
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...