A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,777
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ancient Cultures Swap 2 (Sign ups Closed- Mail Out by 7/11/2011)  (Read 7498 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NatACT

My little man - wrapped in mummy's craft :D

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011 09:25:20 PM »

Oh Rainbowendings, I found a pattern a little while ago that is very "hollywood" Norse/Viking like...

I thought it was truly stunning, the lady who made this one used size 10 cotton and took several months to work up, but I thought you might like the idea at least Cheesy

DragonSh_CU by Hooked on me, on Flickr
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Up for a Personal Swap?

Send me an email Cheesy
squire_inaria
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011 09:26:14 PM »

I got my feedback in time to join!!

I chose the Celts. It's a heritage thing for me too, and where my spiritual practices are based.

Love that ship!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, you swap, we all swap! I love personal swaps (and I make poppets!) Smiley

Wist-y goodness

Check out my new shop; Ivy Moon Emporium[url]!
Rainbowendings
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011 11:50:19 PM »

Oh Rainbowendings, I found a pattern a little while ago that is very "hollywood" Norse/Viking like...

I thought it was truly stunning, the lady who made this one used size 10 cotton and took several months to work up, but I thought you might like the idea at least Cheesy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hooked-on-me/5784921140/

:O I wish I knew how to do that. I might have to learn. That is AMAZING.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011 02:21:23 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: please don't quote photos, thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

No swaps currently in progress. Smiley
OPEN FOR PERSONAL SWAPS

WistEtsyBlog
NatACT

My little man - wrapped in mummy's craft :D

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011 03:33:12 AM »

LOL... I've been chatting with you guys, and I had forgotten to send off my questionnaire... lucky I worked it out before the close date (by the skin of my teeth so to speak)

So I'm all signed up, Egyptian was my chosen culture Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Up for a Personal Swap?

Send me an email Cheesy
Spidersweb
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011 10:01:32 AM »

I just sent my questionnaire.  I love prehistoric celts, but I'm also a Latin teacher, so I love the Romans and Greeks, and Egyptians, and Mesopotamians...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Spidersweb  (it's only a little filled out!)

In-Search-Of:
-> Stride "Sweet Cinnamon" If you have it in your area, will you PM me?  My mother loves it, and we can NEVER find it in our stores here.  Will negotiate for some!
kyerinn
Maker of Things

"In my darkness, I make light." - kyerinn

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011 10:11:35 AM »

And what culture did you others chose?

I chose the Mayans. Smiley They're part of my own heritage and I love their art style. Plus, they're in the spotlight right now with all the talk of the Mayan calendar ending in 2012.

No, I don't personally think the world is going to end. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself."
-Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead

Current swaps:
"Craft my Character" swap

Wist - http://www.wists.com/kyerinn
Etsy - http://www.rogueposy.com
..<3..
TheManicCrafter
The name is Christy...Christy Angela

All are architects of fate... Longfellow

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011 11:27:28 AM »

LOVE that ship!! As for my culture, I'm not too picky since I wanted to be an archeologist when I grew up...I had kids though so traveling to brush dirt off minute pieces of broken tidbits just didn't happen :::sigh::: maybe when they're all grown up and I'm an empty nester.

As for my fav cultures, I suppose I lean first toward Egyptian as that is the first 10 lb book I lugged home at 6 yrs from the library, my family thought I was nuts but I was enthralled by the pictures and the descriptions of the ancient lands and all the places they traveled even back then. And of course who can go wrong with a bit o' Mesopotamia/akkadian, love the jewelry not the all small bead stuff cause I'm not a small bead gal and to be honest I am not to fond of mummy beads either, lol. Ooh, and of course the Celts, the Norse (heck my hubs is Irish, Scott, Norse he looks like he could step off that crochet ship and Go A Viking  Grin ), ok and I love love love those adorable Minoan dolphins,I've got a half idea in the back of my mind to do something with those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live Free...Craft Hard
My Pinterest http://pinterest.com/MyCuppaCoffee
iliveonarainbow
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011 12:31:05 PM »

Ohhhh! I love ancient cultures! Why does there have to be so many good swaps this summer? It's hard to choose which ones I really want to do! That being said, I'll probably end up signing up for this when I get the chance. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheManicCrafter
The name is Christy...Christy Angela

All are architects of fate... Longfellow

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011 12:38:34 PM »

Ohhhh! I love ancient cultures! Why does there have to be so many good swaps this summer? It's hard to choose which ones I really want to do! That being said, I'll probably end up signing up for this when I get the chance. Wink
Yeah I know right?  I'm debating on a couple more swaps myself.  That being said sign ups are until tomorrow so Technically you have until whenever I wake up on the morning of the 3rd to get your questionnaire in cause that's when I'm choosing partners, and then considering the 3rd is a Friday/fishing day the Mr will be up early & it will most likely be after brunch before I'm able to get to the computer without having to challenge the hubs to an arm wrestling contest that I'm sure to loose  Roll Eyes.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011 01:00:54 PM by TheManicCrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live Free...Craft Hard
My Pinterest http://pinterest.com/MyCuppaCoffee
PaleAngelLex
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011 12:52:44 PM »

I'm glad to see someone else went Mesoamerican. I always liked the Aztec better than they Maya though. I have a soft spot for angsty upstarts. I do like Maya architecture a whole lot better though. The art of the Maya just gets awesome good as time goes on too. They were around so much longer than the Aztecs, so it's not surprising that they were more refined.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Indian Embroidery
Vera Nakonechny on Ukrainian Embroidery
Learn About Ukrainian Embroidery
Meet Quilter Gail Mitchell
Meet Chinese Silk Knotting Artist Jean Liu
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...