A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,892
Currently Running With Scissors:
532 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Can't Get Enough Disney Swap! **FINISHED**  (Read 20313 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2011 05:30:36 PM »

Hey guys, I'm just here to let you all know that Canada Post may go on strike starting June 1st. This will definitely screw up the swap somewhat since the papers say it'll be a long one.

What should I do (as a Canadian swapper) in case they do go on strike.
Well, two options:

1: Since you will know before signups are over, you could get out of the swap (which is NOT a great option, in my opinion Wink )

or option 2: I will match you with a fellow canadian, and you can ship via fedex or UPS. If you ship regular service (ground), I would think it wouldn't be too much more than the regular PO.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ilovesnails

Slugs are just homeless snails.

« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2011 05:54:17 PM »

We went for the first time last month.  What would I do differently?  Definitely go online or to a travel agent to get a map of the park I am going to (Epcot, Magic Kingdom, etc...) and decide where we want to go, what rides we definitely want to go on.  We went to the Magic Kingdom, and we wasted a lot of time walking around and trying to figure out where we were.  Some of the best rides were the last and it would have been nice to have more time in that area.  Also, find out when the parades are and decide which ones you want to go to.  We missed them and that makes me sad.  Decide in advance what you will be doing for food and drink...it is expensive there, but if you do decide to eat in the park, decide where and when you want to eat.  There are choices.  I am assuming that if 'Make a Wish' is involved, someone who is going has special needs.  I don't know know if that organization takes care of it, but if not, make sure you get a 'fast pass' that will allow you to get on the rides ahead of all the people like us  Roll Eyes who didn't get one and you won't have to wait on line forever.  Have fun!  (Oh, and as far as souveniours (sp), we bought our girls these water bottle things that had fans on them and it was a great help to be sprayed and fanned as it was really hot there in April.  My son had gone to Disney when he was younger, and he also got one of these every year!  They are like $30, but worth it!  Cheesy

My son has cancer which is why we are gettin a Make A Wish trip. We get to wear special badges taht will let us line jump with now problems. We'll be staying at Give Kids the World. As for food I'm not sure but I belive that they will be giving us money towards all that stuff. At least that's what I've heard from other families that have gone.

i've never been to disney before and we are taking the kids for the first time in Sept. Not sure of the date yet as we have to wait to hear from Make a Wish to find out what date we have been approved of. Any advice those of you who have been before can give me will be great. We'll be taking a 4 and 5 yr old kids with us.

I assume that going through Make-A-Wish, you will get to skip lines, so that will be a big help for you! I'll send you park maps if you'd like! Hmm, if you do have to wait in lines ... Start at the back of the park, and get there at rope drop (opening of the park) that's the best advice! Take advantage of fast passes (they are free) at certain rides, you just insert your park ticket and it will spit out a fastpass for you to come back at a later time to that ride. Also, there is an unwritten rule that you can return after your fastpass time, say it says to return between 10 and 11, if you show up at 2, they will still let you go right in. However, you may not enter earlier than printed time. Stay for the fireworks if you are able, it's soooo worth it! Take a change of clothes, sock and undies too, for the kids and yourself, just in case, rain hits quickly and unexpectedly here!  Roll Eyes It won't be too hot in Sept, but it will be shorts and t-shirt weather for sure. LOTS of sunscreen! That's all I cant think of right now  Cheesy

I would love a map of the park! It would make it easier to play where to go and stuff. We have ordered one of the DVD vacation planning things. We've watched it once so far. There is so much that I think I want to do!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ilovesnails

Slugs are just homeless snails.

« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2011 05:55:45 PM »

Hey guys, I'm just here to let you all know that Canada Post may go on strike starting June 1st. This will definitely screw up the swap somewhat since the papers say it'll be a long one.

Well, two options:

1: Since you will know before signups are over, you could get out of the swap (which is NOT a great option, in my opinion Wink )

or option 2: I will match you with a fellow canadian, and you can ship via fedex or UPS. If you ship regular service (ground), I would think it wouldn't be too much more than the regular PO.

I too was wondering how this would affect us. After this swap I think I'll be goin on a swapping break because of the strike. Are there a lot of Canadians in this swap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VanGo87
Creative Alchemist

I create because my inspiration tells me to.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2011 08:00:50 PM »

Well, two options:

OPTION 2!!!! I choose that one! Although shipping fedex/ups/dhl is much heftier than regular post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Olives, Not Chocolate.
My Tumblr
Pinterest

CURRENTLY ON HIATUS.
bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2011 05:00:15 AM »

We went for the first time last month.  What would I do differently?  Definitely go online or to a travel agent to get a map of the park I am going to (Epcot, Magic Kingdom, etc...) and decide where we want to go, what rides we definitely want to go on.  We went to the Magic Kingdom, and we wasted a lot of time walking around and trying to figure out where we were.  Some of the best rides were the last and it would have been nice to have more time in that area.  Also, find out when the parades are and decide which ones you want to go to.  We missed them and that makes me sad.  Decide in advance what you will be doing for food and drink...it is expensive there, but if you do decide to eat in the park, decide where and when you want to eat.  There are choices.  I am assuming that if 'Make a Wish' is involved, someone who is going has special needs.  I don't know know if that organization takes care of it, but if not, make sure you get a 'fast pass' that will allow you to get on the rides ahead of all the people like us  Roll Eyes who didn't get one and you won't have to wait on line forever.  Have fun!  (Oh, and as far as souveniours (sp), we bought our girls these water bottle things that had fans on them and it was a great help to be sprayed and fanned as it was really hot there in April.  My son had gone to Disney when he was younger, and he also got one of these every year!  They are like $30, but worth it!  Cheesy

My son has cancer which is why we are gettin a Make A Wish trip. We get to wear special badges taht will let us line jump with now problems. We'll be staying at Give Kids the World. As for food I'm not sure but I belive that they will be giving us money towards all that stuff. At least that's what I've heard from other families that have gone.

i've never been to disney before and we are taking the kids for the first time in Sept. Not sure of the date yet as we have to wait to hear from Make a Wish to find out what date we have been approved of. Any advice those of you who have been before can give me will be great. We'll be taking a 4 and 5 yr old kids with us.

I assume that going through Make-A-Wish, you will get to skip lines, so that will be a big help for you! I'll send you park maps if you'd like! Hmm, if you do have to wait in lines ... Start at the back of the park, and get there at rope drop (opening of the park) that's the best advice! Take advantage of fast passes (they are free) at certain rides, you just insert your park ticket and it will spit out a fastpass for you to come back at a later time to that ride. Also, there is an unwritten rule that you can return after your fastpass time, say it says to return between 10 and 11, if you show up at 2, they will still let you go right in. However, you may not enter earlier than printed time. Stay for the fireworks if you are able, it's soooo worth it! Take a change of clothes, sock and undies too, for the kids and yourself, just in case, rain hits quickly and unexpectedly here!  Roll Eyes It won't be too hot in Sept, but it will be shorts and t-shirt weather for sure. LOTS of sunscreen! That's all I cant think of right now  Cheesy

I would love a map of the park! It would make it easier to play where to go and stuff. We have ordered one of the DVD vacation planning things. We've watched it once so far. There is so much that I think I want to do!!!!

I will send a couple (so you can write on them if needed) for sure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2011 05:01:17 AM »

Well, two options:

I too was wondering how this would affect us. After this swap I think I'll be goin on a swapping break because of the strike. Are there a lot of Canadians in this swap?

Just you two so far! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zigg13pra
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You underestimate my power

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2011 11:52:21 AM »

When I worked at Disney a few years ago, you could get park maps free from any merchandise location.  Is that not true anymore?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2011 12:29:57 PM »

When I worked at Disney a few years ago, you could get park maps free from any merchandise location.  Is that not true anymore?

Yup you can get them all over the place, shops, ticket counter, etc. for free still, as always.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2011 01:03:19 PM »

OK, everyone that has signed up should be in the list on the first post, and should have in progress feedback in their profile. If you are missing either, please let me know!! Not too much longer ladies!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wakmeifimdreamin
« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2011 01:06:59 PM »

I'm not on the list but I tried to sign up!  Did my message not go through?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
BeBe Winans on His Book The Whitney I Knew
Eben Alexander Discusses His "Journey Into the Afterlife"
"CHEAT: A Man’s Guide to Infidelity" Infomercial
Annie Lederman Interviews Joe DeRosa on Cheat
John Norcross on Sustaining Behavior Change
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...