A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
684 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Can't Get Enough Disney Swap! **FINISHED**  (Read 21319 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Whistley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Adventure is out there!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2011 07:05:57 PM »

Ummm. What are Newsies?

I'm so old school Disney. Nothing after 1996, with the exception of "The Princess and the Frog" since it had old school Disney feel to it.
Newsies came out in 1992. It was a live action musical about Newsies (young newspaper sellers) who go on strike in New York. Wonderful movie! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
sewmess

Even Mini crafts!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2011 06:12:59 AM »

Ummm. What are Newsies?

I'm so old school Disney. Nothing after 1996, with the exception of "The Princess and the Frog" since it had old school Disney feel to it.

A musical with pre-Equalibrium kickassedness Christian Bale singing and Dancing.  My niece went through a Newsies phase. I'm not crazy about live musicals but I got a huge giggle everytime watching Bale fight his lisp, the accent all while hitting his dancing marks. 

The Princess and the Frog did have a very classic Disney feel, didn't it?

And now I feel old.  I was in High School when Beauty and the Beast came out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Reclaiming my Crafting heritage one stitch at a time.
Bobomom
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2011 06:22:24 PM »

I was also in High School when Beauty came out. 

On another note, June 7th is so far away! I can't wait to get partners!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2011 06:55:56 PM »

We are off to Disney again tomorrow ... I think I'm gonna pick up a few things for "prizes" and maybe to some kinda game once sign ups are closed!?!?! A friend of mine Wink did that in a previous Disney swap, and it was fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aisy
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2011 08:05:55 PM »

We are off to Disney again tomorrow ... I think I'm gonna pick up a few things for "prizes" and maybe to some kinda game once sign ups are closed!?!?! A friend of mine Wink did that in a previous Disney swap, and it was fun!
you guys are so lucky!have fun!

completely unrelated-i just added a whole bunch of cutsie wootsie stuff to my pinterest for inspiration,plus ive been looking through all my craft books again. i cant wait to get my partner, ive got so many ideas Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ilovesnails

Slugs are just homeless snails.

« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2011 05:36:20 AM »

i've never been to disney before and we are taking the kids for the first time in Sept. Not sure of the date yet as we have to wait to hear from Make a Wish to find out what date we have been approved of. Any advice those of you who have been before can give me will be great. We'll be taking a 4 and 5 yr old kids with us.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2011 06:33:57 AM »

We went for the first time last month.  What would I do differently?  Definitely go online or to a travel agent to get a map of the park I am going to (Epcot, Magic Kingdom, etc...) and decide where we want to go, what rides we definitely want to go on.  We went to the Magic Kingdom, and we wasted a lot of time walking around and trying to figure out where we were.  Some of the best rides were the last and it would have been nice to have more time in that area.  Also, find out when the parades are and decide which ones you want to go to.  We missed them and that makes me sad.  Decide in advance what you will be doing for food and drink...it is expensive there, but if you do decide to eat in the park, decide where and when you want to eat.  There are choices.  I am assuming that if 'Make a Wish' is involved, someone who is going has special needs.  I don't know know if that organization takes care of it, but if not, make sure you get a 'fast pass' that will allow you to get on the rides ahead of all the people like us  Roll Eyes who didn't get one and you won't have to wait on line forever.  Have fun!  (Oh, and as far as souveniours (sp), we bought our girls these water bottle things that had fans on them and it was a great help to be sprayed and fanned as it was really hot there in April.  My son had gone to Disney when he was younger, and he also got one of these every year!  They are like $30, but worth it!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VanGo87
Creative Alchemist

I create because my inspiration tells me to.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2011 10:43:53 AM »

Hey guys, I'm just here to let you all know that Canada Post may go on strike starting June 1st. This will definitely screw up the swap somewhat since the papers say it'll be a long one.

What should I do (as a Canadian swapper) in case they do go on strike.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Olives, Not Chocolate.
My Tumblr
Pinterest

CURRENTLY ON HIATUS.
wakmeifimdreamin
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2011 03:20:50 PM »

This sounds really fun!  I'm so happy I have time to make things again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2011 05:25:19 PM »

i've never been to disney before and we are taking the kids for the first time in Sept. Not sure of the date yet as we have to wait to hear from Make a Wish to find out what date we have been approved of. Any advice those of you who have been before can give me will be great. We'll be taking a 4 and 5 yr old kids with us.

I assume that going through Make-A-Wish, you will get to skip lines, so that will be a big help for you! I'll send you park maps if you'd like! Hmm, if you do have to wait in lines ... Start at the back of the park, and get there at rope drop (opening of the park) that's the best advice! Take advantage of fast passes (they are free) at certain rides, you just insert your park ticket and it will spit out a fastpass for you to come back at a later time to that ride. Also, there is an unwritten rule that you can return after your fastpass time, say it says to return between 10 and 11, if you show up at 2, they will still let you go right in. However, you may not enter earlier than printed time. Stay for the fireworks if you are able, it's soooo worth it! Take a change of clothes, sock and undies too, for the kids and yourself, just in case, rain hits quickly and unexpectedly here!  Roll Eyes It won't be too hot in Sept, but it will be shorts and t-shirt weather for sure. LOTS of sunscreen! That's all I cant think of right now  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet an 8 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 1/6
How to Crochet an 8 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 2/6
How to Crochet an 8 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 3/6
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 9/29
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 4/29
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...