A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 305,018
Currently Running With Scissors:
440 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I really need a friggin' crown (or other lofty headwear) swap gallery  (Read 10538 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

susanab
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2011 07:35:36 AM »

even if it didn't light up--that crown is GORGEOUS!
but i do like that it does light up so that,at night, people won't mistake you for a commoner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
psychobillybutterfly

I'm a Psychobilly Nerd and Proud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2011 11:22:09 AM »

So pretty and it is amazingly light that I acciedently wore it to a theater performance without realizing it until everyone began complementing it!   
Wonderful! People complain that nobody dresses up for the theatre anymore, so I'm glad to see you proving how wrong they are!

And Mehran's light-up Princess crown is a marvel. Perhaps when you wear it on duty you could turn the crown on or off to indicate whether people are allowed to speak to you or not. Wink

Wulf

Yeah, I was putting on my stage makeup and realized I had it on when I went to do my faux Victorian hairstyle.  It made me laugh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ugly. Is irrelevant. It is an immeasurable insult to a woman, and then supposedly the worst crime you can commit as a woman. But ugly, as beautiful, is an illusion. - Margaret Cho

My Wist - http://www.wists.com/psychobillybutterfly
My Pinrest - http://pinterest.com/sewsarcastic/
najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2011 12:07:37 PM »

Perhaps when you wear it on duty you could turn the crown on or off to indicate whether people are allowed to speak to you or not. Wink

Wulf

Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
ladybattenburg
I swear by my pretty pink bonnet I will end you!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2011 04:45:38 AM »

OH NO! Dopey_44 I'm so sorry Sad I feel really awful! especially when I just got your crowns in the post today and they are beautiful! I'll post pics soon,  let me know if its beyond repair and i'll send another one straight out! Also, thank you for spoiling me rotten! I wish I had sent you more now!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dopey_44
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2011 06:56:40 AM »

I'm glad u got it was kind of worried u might not and I'm glad u liked them I hope the box I sent them in survived lol. As fit the one u sent me I'm working on it so I'm not sure when I will be able to post a pic so if u want u can post one of it in It's glory that would be great if you could do that for me thxs. And Ur so welcome I'm glad u liked them so enjoy them they were made for a princess
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/dopey44/

http://www.wists.com/dopey_44

love to spoil when i swap Smiley
i also LOVE popcorn mmmm Popcorn
mlheran

Jack of all trades

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2011 08:36:10 AM »

Yay, I'm so glad you liked your crown najaorama! It's made from some pretty random things (and about three pounds of hot glue), but when I came across that battery operated string of led lights in my rambling materials stash I said, "Oh yeah, that's GOTTA go in the crown!" Grin

And najaorama made me a totally awesome crown too! Check it out perched on my head...

...and without my head, to better enjoy it's glamorous details! I love the pleated lace with the purple ribbon behind it, and that upper fabric with the black sequins is so neat -it feels almost like it's wired and sculptable!

Here's the crown with a fabulous extra -a jeweled and beribboned hairclip!

Close-up of the hairclip; the same aurora borealis crystals as the crown, but on a "flower" of wonderful gauzy black material with long ribbons of the black material and the purple silk. So pretty!

I love them both najaorama, thanks so much for a fun swap!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest
swaps: -
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2011 08:59:34 AM »

So cute! All of the crowns and lofty headwear have been ace!

Just a heads up... there were a few Canadian swappers participating in this swap. I just wanted to make sure that everyone is aware there is currently a postal strike in Canada and the packages being sent and recieved may take a while longer than expected to arrive. Don't worry, everything will get to where it's going eventually.

*sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2011 10:40:45 AM »

Im so glad you like it melheran. Fabric is from a thrifted dress and I made it stiff with modge podge.

I feel like we were partnered perfectly! And my crown is indeed the envy of my office.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
ladybattenburg
I swear by my pretty pink bonnet I will end you!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2011 04:53:36 AM »

Hi guys!

I'm gonna post pictures later on today, I took them days ago but they are on my boyfriends computer and he keeps forgetting to email me them, so I am just going to go round and upload them from his computer!

*EDIT!*

Got my hands on the pictures!  I can safely say I was spoiled rotten by Dopey_44, with not one, not two, but THREE gorgeous Tiaras.  Without further ado, onto the pictures!

The crown is a gorgeous lace with lovely sparkly beads on, its soo pretty!

The first Tiara is so beautiful, it makes me think of winter and christmassy stuff

Last but not least, this Tiara was inspired by a couple things on my etsy favourites list.  I absolutely adore peacock fethers and I've been wearing this one around the house a lot Cheesy

*GROUP SHOT!*

Also here are a few shots of the crown I sent to Dopey_44 as it got squished in the post! Sad Fear not I am planning on an even more awesome one to send in its place so bear with me! And this time I shall wrap it in copious amounts of bubble wrap and packing!

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011 09:04:15 AM by ladybattenburg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mezcraft
IIIIIII made it myself!!!

I'm a maker. I make stuff.

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2011 11:25:57 AM »

Those are absolutely gorgeous!   I love the white lace one that is just so fabulous.  I am worried that my box is caught up in the storm of the postal strike. I thought I sent it before they stopped working all together.. but hopefully it will soon find it's home! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Tilapia
How to Make Southwest Sauce
How to Use a Smoker Box
How to Cook Pork Ribs
How to Make a Herb Garden
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...