A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
404 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Disney/Pixar Cars Party  (Read 2927 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

soakbonus
« on: May 23, 2011 11:03:03 PM »

My son had a Disney/Pixar Cars theme for his 4th birthday.  I spent about a week making things for this party.  One day I used my glue gun, my sewing machine, and my mixer!  Yay craftiness!

My son with his cake.  He is wearing the shirt I appliqued with a number 4 on it using Cars fabric.  Separate cake post here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=381158.0

Cake and favor display.  I got all the Cars partyware on clearance at Target.

Close-ups of the favors.  I made cars out of candy. (Dots, Rolos, and Hershey bars to be specific.)  I glued them together with a glue gun.  The traffic cones are made out of scrapbook paper.  I used this template: http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disney-crafts/craft-952433-sallys-thanksgiving-coneucopias-t/  I glued them together with a glue gun and blew mine up to 150% to fit some more stuff in them.  I put a ball, some stickers, markers, and a little frisbee inside.  The sand mold wouldn't fit.  I got all the favors at the dollar store.  They have tons of Cars themed toys. 

One of the tables with a highway table cover.  I just bought a black plastic table cover at the dollar store and put some lines on it using yellow crepe paper.  I got the traffic cones at Target for $2.50 for 5 of them.

Balloons.

Some of the party food.  We also had hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, awesome spinach dip and pita bread chips, potato salad, and drinks.

Close-up of the fruit cars.  Apple slices with grapes on toothpicks for wheels. 

Traffic light cookies.  I used this recipe: http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/lovin-from-the-oven-685398/  I used green apple Jolly Ranchers, butterscotch, and cinnamon hard candies to make the lights.

The pinata I bought at Party City.  This was our first experience using a string pinata.  We all thought it worked better than the regular kind, plus no dangerous bat swinging.  Smiley

His grandparents rented a bounce house for his party.  All the kids loved it.

I had so much fun making things for this party!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011 01:30:51 AM »

What a brilliant  birthday party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
prettymuchyeah
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011 10:01:55 AM »

great ideas!  That cake is truly epic  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Suzy Welch Reveals Who She Admires Most
Mark Bittman Reveals His Greatest Achievement
Suzy Welch Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Holly Black Interviews Cassandra Clare
Nina Malkin Talks About Swoon
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...