A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cheap crafts for a girls dorm room?  (Read 1115 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

EBAnn
« on: May 23, 2011 07:40:49 AM »

I have a super small dorm room.  It's actually decent for a college of the size I go to though.  I have a roommate.  But I just need some suggestions for what to do with decorating.  My roommate doesn't care and there are some things we have agreed on doing together.  My colors are pretty close to the 70's colors.  My main color is a bright blue and the back up colors are hot pink and lime green with a few splashes of bright orange.  I love flowers so any suggestions on making flowers would be awesome.  Things to hang from our ceiling would also be awesome.  I would rather not paint.  I have a huge bulletin board that I put masses of pictures on this last year and I still want my pictures up but I want to do something a bit more creative this year.  Also what should we do with our door?  We have a dry erase board that we have up but are there any other ideas for our door?  Any ideas for making magnets would also be appreciated.  Any other ideas for anything would be awesome!!!  I love patterns especially polka dots.  I love music notes.  I love hearts.  Thanks for any suggestions!!!  (we can be girly or tomboyish whichever works but our room is starting towards the girly side of things)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EBAnn
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011 07:42:08 AM »

Also I can crochet and would be willing to do so if anyone has suggestions for doing something crochet.  Thanks again!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tomico
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011 10:40:21 AM »

Do you have left over stockings, pantyhose or tights? If you want you could make some flowers out of the nylons and some wire. If you don't have the right colors, spray paint them.
  Cloth can be attached to the wall with wet corn starch but you would probably have to wash your walls down after you took the cloth down. You could make pillows to add color to your room but if you don't have a sewing machine you would have to hand sew. You can alter clothing and re-purpose old clothes. Embroidery could be nice as a less expensive and compactable type of craft.
   As for making magnets you could go to a craft store and buy a sheet of magnet and place things on it or use the magnet as a base for adding other things like bottle caps with pictures or glue on small flowers that you made out of the nylons.

Tomico
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Domestic Dog
How to Draw a Domestic Cat
How to Use an Airbrush
How to Choose a Paintbrush
How to Create a Flip Book
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...