A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,768
Currently Running With Scissors:
505 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: the craftiest scooter(s) ever! Post em' if you got em'!  (Read 41624 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

seampoints
« Reply #280 on: July 03, 2007 02:29:28 PM »

Thanks for that buglake, will give it a shot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LOaccidentallyVE
I'm the lost one.

I HATE Valentine's Day!!!

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 03, 2007 04:13:34 PM »

Awesome! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~*Stormy*~*

I'm just a girl.

My name is Crash. Don't make me prove it! Wink

I'm a Craftster Goddess!! Cheesy
BrocadeLion
Makers Rule

Boo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: January 16, 2008 06:40:33 PM »

Hey, just stumbled onto this thread. I haven't seen many "maxi" scooters here, but here's my 2002 Honda Silverwing 600 (alongside my previous Mazda RX-8):

That's also me with it in my avatar. Gotta get some better pictures this summer!

I was just thinking tonight about winter projects for the scoot. A seat cover might be cool, especially since the back bolsters are movable, which means I can do them in contrast. The problem with that is that the seat is so big, I'm not sure how to do it so that it doesn't shift around with I straddle the thing.

I'd also like to get my helmet painted (I've got one of the flat black leather-covered half helmets), but what I really REALLY want is a bit of a mural somewhere along the broadside. I want a cartoon Gamera stomping across the Detroit skyline.  Wink I just need an artist! Trades anyone?  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: January 17, 2008 12:22:07 AM »

that is an awesome mega scoot!

if you get your helmet painted you musssst post here! that sounds like a fabulous idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ericalm
« Reply #284 on: January 17, 2008 12:51:29 AM »

Several months ago, I had the idea for a cupholder that hangs from the underseat bag hook on my Vespa LX 150. The idea was that it would be stable (no suction cups), unobtrusive (no hardware), easy to take on and off, and would be more likely to keep the drink upright if allowed to pivot at the top. I made a scribble in my sketchbook then set it aside like all those other scribbles.

Frustrated with being unable to carry my latte, though, I pieced together a prototype one morning using the vinyl packaging from some Pottery Barn bar towels (hey, they were a gift), packing tape and scissors.

This worked so well that I came up with an easier way to do something very much like my original design. I'm calling this "version 2" because I have some ideas for making it even better. The 2-handled design will let you put in a much larger or taller cup; if it sticks out the top, you can hang it with just one handle. So far, I've tested it with several sizes of cups with no problem. I even got a compliment on it from a guy sitting outside Starbucks. I now use it to carry my coffee from the parking garage at work to my office. It does a fair job of insulating the cup, too.

Here's what I did.

Tools & Materials:
1 neoprene wine tote
1 fake-ass MV patch (hastily purchased for cheap on eBay using BuyItNow before I realized it was a crappy counterfeit from Hong Kong and not a real old Modern Vespa patch)
sewing machine or needle & thread
someone else to do the sewing part (well, I needed this but am sure most of you wouldn't)

How to Do It:
I turned the neoprene wine tote inside out to hide the silkscreened logo. If you're going to put a patch over it, this is unnecessary.

I measured first, using the familiar venti-sized cup. I placed an empty cup in the tote, with the lid just over the bottom of the handles because I was concerned about the lid popping off if I made the holder any deeper. I then squeezed the tote at the bottom close around the cup and pinned it.

My crafty wife sewed the tote shut about a .75" under the pins, the sewed the corners to create a semi-flat bottom. She then cut the bottom of the tote off and trimmed any excess.

That's about it, really. I turned the cupholder rightside in and then applied the fake-ass patch. Presto!

« Last Edit: January 17, 2008 12:54:31 AM by ericalm » THIS ROCKS   Logged
taloola

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: January 17, 2008 11:41:32 AM »

dude, that is pretty swell! i totally need one! what a great scooter craft!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #286 on: January 17, 2008 11:44:28 AM »

That's awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #287 on: August 22, 2008 08:44:55 AM »

Hello ladies! I wanted to let you all know that I started a "Biker" Swap and would love for y'all to join in!! It's open to all 2 wheelers! Hope to see ya there! Biker Swap
THIS ROCKS   Logged

danger.kitty
« Reply #288 on: April 17, 2009 05:51:47 PM »

Since my last post on this thread, I've moved to New Zealand and have owned 8 (I think) different scooters along with my husband.  We currently have 5 in the garage.  I have some plans for pimping out my Vespa ET8 150cc with graphics and pink badges instead of chrome.  My husband did a modification on his ET8 150cc (which has since been sole) and we blogged about the "faux pods" here:  http://thelongestrideintown.blogspot.com/2008/10/faux-pod-mod.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Crafty Aunt:  taking on 2011 one DIY gift at a time
http://craftyaunty.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Basic Key Framing and IPO Curves in Blender
How to Model with Subserfs in Blender
How to Use Rampshaders in Blender
How to Use Dupliverts in Blender
How to Make a Blender Video Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...