A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
752 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: the craftiest scooter(s) ever! Post em' if you got em'!  (Read 39700 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2006 05:53:38 AM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
McJulie-O
« Reply #171 on: July 10, 2006 06:06:47 AM »

HOLY MOLEY!!! What a bike!

Is that the Alabama (Roll, Tide!) version? Or would they claim it was the Auburn (Go, War Eagles!) version?

Ericalm, did you actually see this one?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ericalm
« Reply #172 on: July 10, 2006 07:53:13 AM »

HOLY MOLEY!!! What a bike!

Is that the Alabama (Roll, Tide!) version? Or would they claim it was the Auburn (Go, War Eagles!) version?

Ericalm, did you actually see this one?

No, unfortunately I have yet to see this awesome specimen of motorized termite-bait in person. I'd seen pics of this posted on the Makezine blog and a couple of scooter sites. Kinda have to admire the brave person who built and rides this frankenbike!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onthinice
« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2006 09:02:57 AM »

There is also the Kymco People.  I have a People 50, and it tops out at 45 mph.  It also has a retro look to it and is less expensive than a Vespa.  I would love to have a Vespa, but my pocketbook said I had to get a Kymco   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

danger.kitty
« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2006 11:10:17 AM »

I have a Yamaha Vino 125cc now...I used to have a Honda Metropolitan/Jazz 50cc until it was stolen in May.  I Met/Jazz was an unfailingly good scooter for me.  I rode it over 10000km and planned for more but was cut short.  I replaced with a larger displacement scooter so that I can now ride on the highway.  The downside is having to get a motorcycle license now which I haven't yet done   Undecided  Both scooters ride well and seem to have few mechanical/reliablility problems, if any.  I would recommend either  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Crafty Aunt:  taking on 2011 one DIY gift at a time
http://craftyaunty.blogspot.com/
ericalm
« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2006 11:17:20 AM »

I have a Yamaha Vino 125cc now...I used to have a Honda Metropolitan/Jazz 50cc until it was stolen in May.  I Met/Jazz was an unfailingly good scooter for me.  I rode it over 10000km and planned for more but was cut short.  I replaced with a larger displacement scooter so that I can now ride on the highway.  The downside is having to get a motorcycle license now which I haven't yet done   Undecided  Both scooters ride well and seem to have few mechanical/reliablility problems, if any.  I would recommend either  Kiss

Sucks that your Met was stolen. For what it's worth, you can add it to the scoot.net stolen scooter registry and maybe, someday, it'll turn up.
Recommendation for those thinking about buying a scoot: Get a higher displacement engine that whatever you think you'll need. Eventually, you'll crave more power/speed, etc. You will succumb to Scooter Fever. And if you've been wanting one for years and years, as I had, the craving/obsession only gets worse once you have one... and it's infectious. Now my wife and my workmates all want 'em!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
danger.kitty
« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2006 12:16:17 PM »

ericalm - thanks for the link...my scooter was actually recovered by the police the same night it was stolen.  I guess it was a joy ride type situation by someone who had no idea how to ride.  my scooter was totally trashed from  being ripped apart to access the electrical and hotwire it plus being crashed numerous times.  it was hard to swallow when my insurance company decied it was not worth fixing and wrote me a cheque  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Crafty Aunt:  taking on 2011 one DIY gift at a time
http://craftyaunty.blogspot.com/
Miss-Stitchdependent
Crafty is as Crafty Does

I dig skinny pale guys, no seriously I do

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: July 10, 2006 03:28:37 PM »

Really depends on which model, but if you're talking about the 50cc U.S. Metropolitan, around 40mph.
If you need something faster, I ride a Vespa LX 150, which tops out at around 60 or so and is popular with a lot of female riders because of its combination of size/ease of handling and power. Also, it sits up higher than the Met or some of those I name below, so has greater visibility. It's also (unfortunately) much more expensive to buy, maintain, and repair.

Also worth considering: The Yamaha Vino 125 is a pretty good option. The Piaggio Fly 150 and the Genuine Buddy both lack the others' "classic" style but are, by most reports, pretty good scoots. And the Buddy comes in fun colors, if that's worth anything to you.
[/quote]

thanks ever so much
miss-stitch
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: July 26, 2006 12:09:52 PM »

Hooray for scooters! I just got my first one, I'll post pictures when we take it outside and shine 'er up. Gotta love the barter system! Anyhoo, I posted this over in Misc, but Taloola turned me on to this thread...so, here's my helmet!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=109720.from1153865668;topicseen#new

Can't decide if I want to paint the scooter or not...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: July 26, 2006 12:13:16 PM »

glad i could get ya over here!
i dig your helmet. for real!

last night i bought some poppy decals from the 70s to put on my scooter!  i will post pics when i get em on 'er!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Chocolate and Cherry Fondants
How to Make Nutella Swirl Cupcakes
Fried Banana Dessert Recipe
How to Make a Faux Pecan Pie
Fool Friends with a Faux-Italian Feast
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...