A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 307,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
462 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: the craftiest scooter(s) ever! Post em' if you got em'!  (Read 50775 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meowari
« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2006 07:06:49 AM »

Check out this website for US rallies and other scooter related things:
http://scoot.net/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2006 02:11:56 PM »

i know that there are alot of rallies here in p-town...i have yet to go to one!  but it would be fun!  a "scoot and stitch" session could be fun too!

i am glad that so many people are interested in scooties!  they are the best and oh so fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ericalm
« Reply #162 on: July 07, 2006 03:27:06 AM »

Dang, I came late to this thread but wanted to post a couple links for the many who expressed interest in getting a scoot or currently have one. For the Honda Metropolitan, check out http://urbanscootin.com/. Current and future Vespa riders  or curiosity seekers should have a look at http://www.modernvespa.com for any info related to new Vespas or, http://www.scooterbbs.com/ for info on vintage machines and, as someone already posted, scoot.net. Don't know of any Lambretta sites, but I'm sure there are lots. Surprised to see those beautiful Lammies over-represented. Are Vespa owners just not crafty?!

I'm planning several scooter-themed ideas and hope to eventually figure out how to make a vinyl seat cover. I'm also creating my own graphics, which will be produced by a decal company. I'll post pics when I actually get around to doing any of it.  Smiley
Meanwhile, for everyone who said, "I want one!" I heartily recommend it. Even my wife, who was adamantly anti-scooter before I bought one, has totally fallen in love with it and is now considering getting one for herself. (heh, i win again!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wasplet
« Reply #163 on: July 07, 2006 05:58:43 AM »

I want a scooter! I remember last summer me and a friend were really into the idea of Vespas, and he was dead set on getting one. We spent ages on the website picking out colours and things, then of course it never happened so no uncomfortable tag along rides for me. I love the Honda ones that have been posted, but don't think I can get a scoopy (hahahaha such a cute name) under any name here, the UK Honda website only has really ugly ones. Oh well, once I have some money saved up I'll look more closely. Vespas are too expensive for me although I love them Sad
I WANNNnnnnnnnt!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sgr8hse
« Reply #164 on: July 07, 2006 01:05:28 PM »

Yay for scooters!!!  I own a 2006 plum Vespa LX and love scootering around. I plan on making a cute seat cover, probably something tiki inspired Grin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2006 04:41:41 PM »

in the uk the honda metropolitan is called the honda Jazz i believe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

danfreek22
« Reply #166 on: July 07, 2006 05:56:19 PM »

lol amazing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss-Stitchdependent
Crafty is as Crafty Does

I dig skinny pale guys, no seriously I do

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: July 09, 2006 07:27:11 PM »

This might be a dumb question but im thinking of getting a scooter and I cant find anywhere on hondas site that tells me how fast they go. So how fast do they go?
miss-stitch
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ericalm
« Reply #168 on: July 09, 2006 07:51:47 PM »

This might be a dumb question but im thinking of getting a scooter and I cant find anywhere on hondas site that tells me how fast they go. So how fast do they go?
miss-stitch

Really depends on which model, but if you're talking about the 50cc U.S. Metropolitan, around 40mph.
If you need something faster, I ride a Vespa LX 150, which tops out at around 60 or so and is popular with a lot of female riders because of its combination of size/ease of handling and power. Also, it sits up higher than the Met or some of those I name below, so has greater visibility. It's also (unfortunately) much more expensive to buy, maintain, and repair.

Also worth considering: The Yamaha Vino 125 is a pretty good option. The Piaggio Fly 150 and the Genuine Buddy both lack the others' "classic" style but are, by most reports, pretty good scoots. And the Buddy comes in fun colors, if that's worth anything to you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ericalm
« Reply #169 on: July 10, 2006 03:17:36 AM »

Is it hand made one ? Cheesy

Like this one, you mean?  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: The Roaming Gnome
@Home This Weekend: Welcoming Door Decor
Trim the Tree: Crafty Ornaments for the Holiday Season

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...