A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,356
Currently Running With Scissors:
382 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: the craftiest scooter(s) ever! Post em' if you got em'!  (Read 44353 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Stifflersmom
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2006 06:18:44 AM »

I think that's a brilliant plan! If you were doing a road trip you could load your little scooter up in the van, and buzz around. Fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
licalee
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2006 08:00:34 PM »

I haven't gone in years and years but I used to go to burning man and I had always wanted a scooter for the amazing potential of making it into different "art vehicles" - something I could change up every year and make really elaborate things like canopies, LED animation, a shell that looked like a snail so it could be my "racing snail" (Neverending Story) and maybe a lightweight easy chair trailer or sidecar - all stuff that's totally not road legal but safe to putter around in at 5-10 mph on the mud flat (dried out and completely level, you can check a level against it) . Everything would be able to be detached and reattached so I could use the thing in real life and change it out/bolt it on at the burn.

Because of this thread I started pricing out scooters again for my most expensive craft project ever.  I realized (after hoplessly searching online for scooters during a blizzard) that  I live in Milwaukee. I will be laughed at and posibly vandalized if I ride a scooter in this town and don't do it right. This is Harley town and I grew up mocking mopeds and scooters from the banana seat of my bike. I either need to go all out cutesy with my road version or full on hardcore scooter with black fringe saddle bags,  a studded leather seat cover and faux fur chaps (I think I'll be making those chaps either way). If I buy a scooter I'm going to have to mod it in some way that gives me street cred so I don't get run off the road for being a Harley dissident. 

Oh, and it's just barely on topic but I had a '71 VW Beetle as my first car, just before the new beetles came out. I had just started to buy stuff to paint it like a ladybug and the axle broke. It was named Ernie - after an English teacher that was very round and often wore a green suit the same color as the car. I've always wonder if the axle breaking was some sort of cry for help. At least he didn't have to suffer the humiliation of being turned into a girl before he died. (Sadly enough, weeks after I sold Ernie I moved into a duplex where the other residents just happened to have an extra compatable beetle axle lying around and skills in rebuilding old VW's). I just saw a new beetle painted like a ladybug on Tuesday, and now I think that one of you spiffy scooter gals with red digs should go all out in memory of Ernie and make yourselves a ladybug seat cover.

I know where my tax return is going this year! A bike to mod and mod and mod...

P.S. Still a newbie here and I'm loving it. Sorry for any faux pas - call me on something and I'll be better next time.

Modified to add/clarify: All the stuff I envisioned creating for my scoot was not intended to be used all at once. I wanted to make the Potato Head of scooters, not the Katamari Damacy of scooters...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006 09:20:54 PM by licalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2006 12:42:43 PM »

I wanted to make the Potato Head of scooters, not the Katamari Damacy of scooters...

Mr. Potato Head of scooters..... Nice analogy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
licalee
« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2006 07:55:29 PM »

I wanted to make the Potato Head of scooters, not the Katamari Damacy of scooters...

Mr. Potato Head of scooters..... Nice analogy.

It should be used more often, I think.  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
batgirl
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2006 12:49:07 PM »

It was soooo nice here last weekend and I saw at LEAST 4 scooters when I was out & about. I am getting scooter fever! It's a bit like Boogie Fever but motorized. Can you "test drive" them at a dealership? I'm still concerned that I won't be able to drive it!  Roll Eyes  Can you get a sidecar for them? Then my doggie could scoot, and I could more confidently stay upright!  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006 12:51:00 PM by batgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
taloola

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2006 04:09:11 AM »

i do know that at the dealership that i bought mine i couldnt test drive it first....some sort of liability thing....
and i havent a clue about the side car thing...but if you find out let me know...i am sure amos (my dogger) would love to go for a scoot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soos
« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2006 03:37:22 AM »

My first time in here and I find  a scooter craft thread. Wowsers!! I'll be back!
I own and ride a Vespa T5, attending rallies and things regularly. I am soooo gonna be crafting mines up now! I thought I was doing well making it's white leather seat but Hey! I'll be doing more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soos
« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2006 04:36:12 AM »

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=44630

Here's the link to MaDge's hand painted Vespa with my bog standard factory paint job next to it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

taloola

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2006 02:53:47 PM »

nice!!!! welcome to craftster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soos
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2006 03:38:02 PM »

Thank you very much. Im looking forward to sussing how to post pictures straight into this post and not having to link it
 Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bold Brow Tutorial for Thin Eyebrows
The Best Way to Apply Eye Cream
VF NEWS: Etro - Fall 2015 - Milan Fashion Week - Backstage, Runway & Interviews
3 Ways to Make Your Makeup Last in Heat and Humidity
How to Get a Warm Summer Glow
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...