A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
756 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: paint samples things  (Read 2545 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2005 06:18:57 PM »

My friend has finally decided on the exact shade of blue she's going to be painting her room, but she has tons of those paint color samples (you know what I mean, right?) in different varieties of blue.  I was hoping to steal them from her before she throws them away, but I have no idea what to use them for.  Well, I have two ideas, but they aren't that great.  I was thinking of making a purse, but it seems like that would rip easily.  I also seem to remember somebody talking about stringing them together and making a funky thing to hang from their ceiling, which would be pretty awesome.  Any other ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
princessliak
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005 07:11:49 PM »

I use them for scrapbooking, cards, collages and mosiacs.  I love those things so darn much. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are so many ways to die without losing your life.

www.baskinginbliss. blogspot.com
www.lulu.com/content/292980
wiccan_b_itch
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005 07:14:16 PM »

You could make the bags just cover the stuff with clear vinyl or duct tape!

bags are the bestest things ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TishaLee

I had an idea.....once

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005 03:21:14 PM »

You could make a picture mat or frame with them or mod-podge them onto a shoe box for a decorative photo storage or whatever box...you can even fold them into mini gift boxes...hmmm...I might have to go to walmart and pick up some of those!  Oh, or you could get the strip that your friend chose her color from and make her something from by getting a few more of them, like a small desktop picture frame?
I'll probably think of more stuff as I sit here and inspire myself when I should be vaccuuming, running errands and putting laundry away!                 TishaLee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whose bright idea was this anyway?  I said burn all your bridges, not blow them up!  Jeez!
La_Exotique
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005 04:49:51 PM »

You can glue them on some cardboard cut out  frames for some nice pictures --make them all sized frames  and hang them up around your room --

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hakue
Creative Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005 07:04:37 PM »

Using them for picture frames would be good.  I love making picture frames out of random things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

La_Exotique
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005 05:40:16 AM »

Or you can buy a large mirror -- and make a design around it with the pieces of paint samples eg. wave like pattern around it.....or something similar to this pic --- depends on how many paint samples you have & if you don't have enough you can just use blue pictures cut out of magazines and use them around to fill the spots.

Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hakue
Creative Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005 05:43:43 AM »

Or you can buy a large mirror -- and make a design around it with the pieces of paint samples eg. wave like pattern around it.....or something similar to this pic --- depends on how many paint samples you have & if you don't have enough you can just use blue pictures cut out of magazines and use them around to fill the spots.

Huh

Ooh, that would be cool.  What would I use to stick them on?  Mod podge?  I've never used it, but I've heard of its many uses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tom Stoppard  

stargirl52
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2005 10:14:02 PM »

You could always make them into a purse and cover it in clear packaging tape?
A friend of mine colvered her school diary in them in a vague rainbow pattern. Very, very cute.
-G.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your lungs to stop working without me.

http://georgianess.livejournal.com
hakue
Creative Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2005 06:02:40 AM »

Ack, SHE THREW THEM OUT!   Sad  Oh well, I guess I could always go to Lowe's and get some myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tom Stoppard  

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Bake Healthier Holiday Treats
Make It Easy: What to Do When Brown Sugar Hardens
Make It Easy: When Cake Gets Stuck in the Pan
Peanut Butter Buckeyes Recipe
How to Make Red Velvet Cake
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...