A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Doctor Who Swap round 6 gallery  (Read 14799 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Willowe
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2011 10:18:45 AM »

am loving all of the packages, what a talented crew!!

I agree, everything that's been posted here so far is amazing! Can't wait to see the last of the packages. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
Ink_A_Dink
There's nothing like stepping through the threshold into adventure.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2011 05:15:29 PM »

I received from FakePalindromes last week. I'm going with the story that I had to ensure I had found a safe house to post from, for fear of someone finding me and my wonderful swag and slipping in in the middle of the night. Having found the safe house, I am now ready to share the awesomeness I received from FakePalindromes. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

First up a group shot of The Goodness:

I got not one but TWO Spacey corkboards! Right after this picture was taken I hung them up right next to my bed. No more hundreds of holes in my walls!

Here's the awesome tote-bag! I'm thinking it will find a home on my car as my emergency clothes bag, simply because my car needs more Doctor Who!

Now I have always disliked summer with a passion, but this next item makes me really really dislike it. This wonderful mug, I feel bad for it. It won't used to it's full potential until It is cool enough to drink hot chocolate. Until then I will leave it on the counter and long for the cool fall days that will bring us closer together.

Finally, the item that took my extremely strong dislike for summer and turned it into pure Hatred. A Ten Suit Scarf in all it's wonder! I love scarves, especially long ones, and I love Ten, so why a Ten Suit Scarf never occurred to me is beyond reason. Lucky for me then that FakePalindromes delivered what I never could have dreamed of. And because it's so awesome I have an action shot of it.

Isn't it beautiful! Here you can see how long it is, so wondrously long! So fantastically long!

And so Ten Suit! Ahhh...The wonder! (It's been a long few weeks, I'm bit tired...And a bit crazy) The colors in real life are darker and closer to the real thing.

Can you see why I know hate summer that much more? I have to wait till fall to wear this beauty? At least until then it has a home, hanging in my room as a piece of art, which it really is.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FakePalindromes!!!!!! My delay was not because I didn't like it, but because I absolutely loved everything so freaking much I didn't want to share. I hope you like what I sent half as much as I loved what you sent!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011 05:24:45 PM by Ink_A_Dink » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"-Helen Keller

http://www.wists.com/InkSpot
Larissa-Rasputin
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2011 05:28:02 PM »

Love the scarf, a very clever homage to the show!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest (much larger than my wist)
My Wists

Interested in personal swaps Smiley
gnomedrops
What I did was sucky, but also not my fault.

What I did was super sucky, but also not my fault.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2011 07:29:36 PM »

So, I have not yet heard from my partner and it has been quite a bit since I sent, but I am holding out hope that I wasn't flaked on even if...well. anyway, since I know she's gotten the package, I am posting what few pics I have.  I made a Sonic Screwdriver pen and TARDIS notebook set.  The Dalek is actually a coin bank, he turned out pretty neat. And finally, I made a Face of Boe flask that took forever and a day. Sculpting is not my skillz.

I had these super awesome post cards made up and ordered special for the swap. I totally kept some for myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sorry for being such a flake. Sad
spikefan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2011 07:37:52 PM »

Really cool packages! Love the scarf! And that sonic pen is so awesome! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ivoryh1632
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2011 07:59:32 PM »

Never thought of a ten suit scarf, what an awsome idea. And summer seriously sucks for nerdy attire. I always say that winter is the nerdiest of the seasons because I get to wear my Star Wars hoodie with my Harry Potter scarf, my Doctor Who beanie and my TARDIS gloves.

I absolutely LOVE the Face of Bo flask. So well done and he's got the perfect face for a flask.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2011 07:15:28 AM »

The Face of Boe!!! Holy Crap that is so cool! I've always wanted a face of boe craft! I'll be pinning this !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stephfro23

the best bubby a mama could have. 1997-2011

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2011 12:20:24 PM »

i revieced the most AWESOMEST of packages from Willowe this week! these items made me squeal like nothing else. she pretty much read my mind and crafted the things she witnessed. the swag follows:

first off, the box was decorated with some kick butt art and my favorite quotes from DW, but it would've taken another four days to load those pics. so i opened the fantastic box, and this is what i saw:

everything wrapped and numbered. and what else? this brochure, which made me pee my pants a little:

read that in all its awesomeness. each section is the package i recieved in the correct order.

first up was a model of the TARDIS so i would be able to recognize it.

and inside the TARDIS were some pics of people i might need to recognize on my journeys with The Doctor:

David Tennant, Catherine Tate, Billie Piper, and John Barrowman. Grin
the pendants were so neat, i immediately cannabalized a necklace of mine that i don't wear into a bracelet which i now refuse to take off. coolest. pendants. ever.

next was a embroidered book mark of the weeping angels:

look at that crazy detailing!! such skills Willowe has!

next was an item straight from my wist, and one that i was secretly hoping for. a weeping angel plushie!!! and she most definately has the phone box:

next was a cosmetics bag that i can take with me on the TARDIS. its blue and has the yellow inside and the fabulous stenciling of the DW logo:

and finally was a FOB watch box! the painting is beautiful! and there was a sweet suprise inside!

and a pic of everything together. seriously, the best swap ever. thanks so much Willowe! you were a fabulous partner! Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Larissa-Rasputin
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2011 02:06:58 PM »

Love the flask and the pen.

The weeping angel is great as well!  Great job on painting that box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest (much larger than my wist)
My Wists

Interested in personal swaps Smiley
Willowe
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2011 12:33:53 PM »

Again, I'm so glad you liked everything, stephfro! And I'm glad you found a use for the character charms. I wasn't sure what to do with them, but the bracelet looks great. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Simple Cranberry Ginger Jelly Recipe
How to Make a Pumpkin Cream Pie
Thanksgiving Day Pie Tips
Baking The Perfect Pie
Tell Me Why: Pies!
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...