A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,151
Currently Running With Scissors:
611 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dishalicious Dishcloth/Washcloth Swap Rd 11 (CLOSED - SEND by 06/11)  (Read 8574 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IdlersDesign
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011 11:04:57 AM »

Sending in my info!

I have a (stupid?) question...We always use dish scrubbies to wash the dishes (family and friends ask us all the time 'so you really use scrubbies that you actually put in the washing machine?!'  Wink), but are dish cloths used for the same purpose?

Scrubbies count. I have gotten scrubbies in past dishcloth swaps. This is swap is open to scrubbies also.

Hm that doens't really answer my question. I was wondering if dish cloths are mostly used..well, to clean dishes  Cool as I have never seen anyone use one before.
Most people here use something like this for the dishes:

(which I think is not very clean or economic as you use it for at least a week before throwing it away and buying a new one) Love my washable scrubbies  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
dontdresslikeapril
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011 11:20:02 AM »

i think dish cloths are often used for wiping up. lots of people use dish cloths for dishes, though. it is just a matter of preference. hth!

i am in! i love dishcloths! (for wiping up  Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cute_anarchy
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011 11:49:31 AM »

I stick my dish brush in the dishwasher every week or two - cleans it right up!  The sponges, I have to throw out more often. 

My crocheted dish wash-cloths I save for wiping spills and cleaning the table, those are great in the washing machine.  And such a fun little crochet project.  I have to try crocheting some of those little round scrubbies (just found the link, apparently they are called called tawashi http://crochetpatternsonly.blogspot.com/2005_05_16_crochetpatternsonly_archive.htm) to use in place of sponges, one of these days!  Or...join this swap... hmmmm! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a medium aged procrastinator, with a room full of craft supplies! 

I've got a wist and a pinterest: http://www.wists.com/cute_anarchy 
Sejimara
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011 12:11:28 PM »

I use my dishclothes for dishes and wiping up.  Ever since I learned to knit, I haven't bought any sponges.  Grin 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

froggmomma
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011 02:52:12 PM »

I use my cloths to wash dishes and wiping the counters and table. I just bought a tawashi book, that I think would be just as good as a cloth. For all but the stuck on, and greasey crap I think the cotton crocheted and knit cloths work great.
 I use bath mitts in the shower, my fiance uses the largest cloths in the shower. We also use a crocheted bath poof in the shower.

I love this swap, it's quick and easy.

On a side note, I'm making up a couple of bundles of cloths that I'm going to pair with a small bottle of dishsoap, for my baby shower in a few weeks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

He asked, and I said yes.
I'm looking for Home Interiors resin butterflies, and License plates from other states. PM me for swap info. I love to swap.
Shablina
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011 04:05:34 PM »

we use them for dishes, cleaning spills, I have some that are for cleaning the bathroom and dusting too.  And since I have so many ( I practiced new stitches on clothes) we use them in our lunches instead of paper napkins
I am gonna sign up since I love them so much  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whatthepuck
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011 04:48:08 PM »

I use them mainly for wiping up, but I occasionally use them for dishes. I knitted Little Bean a ton for his bath time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Portia my Little Visitor's facebook

Swaps:
Secret Santa
Little Visitor
Nov ATC 2/0/0
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011 06:42:17 PM »

I use them on dishes and wiping up spills on the stove and counter. I keep a separate laundry bin for kitchen linens and do a load of dishtowels and washcloths when I have enough and then I wash them in hot water (it's pretty much the only time I wash things in hot). I haven't used them in the bath (but I have put a couple in bath gift baskets), but I am thinking of making some small make-up remover ones out of organic cotton.

Once they get too beat up for use in the kitchen, they become general cleaning cloths.

And, in the car ride (and while I was waiting to meet the people I was riding with), I worked on a dishcloth and finished it more quickly than I expected. I probably could have started a second one, but I only brought one pattern with me.  So, if I can get at least one more made this week, I'll sign up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
grannydragon
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011 05:56:56 AM »

We use them to wash dishes here. Some are used as face cloths on the grandchildren. They really are a useful thing to have around the house. Have even used them as coasters in the summer for sweaty glasses!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011 06:28:25 AM »

awwww....sweet..I missed a few rounds .. but I'm ALL about the dishcloth Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips For Younger Looking Hair
How to Create a Twisted Bun Hairstyle
Causes of Thinning Hair
How to Talk to Your Hair Stylist About Thinning Hair
How to Thicken Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...