A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tree Swap Round 3 Gallery  (Read 12637 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calixita
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011 01:30:36 PM »

Oh my goodness!!!!!  I was so fixated on Herb Albert and the Tiajuana Brass Band that I didn't look at the other side properly!!!!  (It was late at night!   Undecided  LOL!)  When I get off work tonight, I'll switch it around and see which look fits best on my wall.  I do love triptychs!  (which you probably saw from my wists!!!)  The picture you posted is beautiful!!
I feel a little foolish now! Smiley  But honestly there was so much to look at!  And I kept having to save the owl from the cat!  You would have thought there was catnip stuffed inside!
I brought the bag to work with me today so that others can admire it.  It fits alot of my stuff which is wonderful.  I've gotten many compliments already!
Thank you again!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011 01:57:02 PM »

You got a wonderful package!  You did a great job on that painting, Kaotic!  And its so cool that its a clock, too!  I've always wondered about clock making.  Is it easy to do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
DawnsTrees
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011 10:42:44 PM »

I absolutely adore that fabric! I would use that bag all of the time!!

Wow - such a fantastic start to the gallery!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
KaoticKrafter
Creating handmade treasures from recycled materials.

Procraftination- the best way to avoid chores!

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011 05:38:49 AM »

Thanks everyone Smiley
Calixita, I am happy that you like the album cover as well, I love when little odd surprises like that happen Smiley. Feel free to pull it out and use it however you want. Just add a different piece of cardboard into the back for stability. And yes, I did stalk your wist  Grin

jillybeans, Thanks! For making clocks like I did it is fairly easy all I did was add the clock mechanism. You can pick them up at most craft stores, or possibly even wall-mart. The mechanisms come in different heights so if you have a lot of 3D on your art the hands will clear it.  You can even use the mechanism from an old clock (which I did for the clock swap).

I am so excited to see all the other tree goodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011 08:35:22 AM »

Oooh, neat stuff! I love the triptych (and/or record)! That tote bag is seriously awesome too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011 02:32:03 PM »

Ok, ladies, I just may have received the most EPIC tree swap package in the history of Craftster!  Unfortunately, I am unable to take and post photos, so I am going to post descriptions of the items, and I sincerely hope my partner, Jillybeans, will post photos ASAP so you can see the awesomeness that I received!

Here goes: 
-TWO containers of different colored paper owl cutouts (Straight from my wist, how thoughtful is that??)
-A package of 'metallic natural leaves' which are very cool
-A package of apple cutouts which will decorate my classroom in September
-A cute apple tree button
-Two stamps and a block to attach them to (an owl and 'thinking of you')
-L-O-N-G fleece owl themed sock/legwarmers
-Two skeins of unusual and beautiful yarn
-A delicate amber/brown/mustard hued crystal and tree themed shrinky dink(?) charm bracelet with matching earrings!
-What Jillybeans termed a 'Clutter bracelet' made up of various green stones and tree shrinky dink (?) tree charms!
-A button/wood leaf bead charm bracelet with matching earrings...again, a very thoughtful item...Jillybeans knows why.  Kiss
-STUFFED TREES that are DECORATED WITH FACES and the season that matches them (i.e.-snow on the branches of the winter one, etc...)  They are ADORABLE and made so well!  I'm a preschool teacher and the students will LOVE these!
-An EPIC button tree that is FRAMED in a shadowbox, backed with cloud fabric!

Jillybeans is a first time swapper on Craftster, and she is truly a thoughtful, generous, talented swap partner that ANYONE would be delighted to swap with!  This swap was great, and thank you so very very very very much, Jillybeans! Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
lacey0828
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011 02:51:35 PM »

Wow, tons of stuff that sounds so great!!! I'm dying to see the pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011 04:02:17 PM »

Oh and will I post pictures.  I will try to restrain myself, I am picture CRAZY! 

I'm so soooo glad Miss Barbara's package made it to her safely and quickly!  And I'm so happy that she loves all that she got, because I loved it all as well.  ^_^

Here goes: 
-TWO containers of different colored paper owl cutouts (Straight from my wist, how thoughtful is that??)
-A package of 'metallic natural leaves' which are very cool
-A package of apple cutouts which will decorate my classroom in September
-A cute apple tree button
-Two stamps and a block to attach them to (an owl and 'thinking of you')
-L-O-N-G fleece owl themed sock/legwarmers
-Two skeins of unusual and beautiful yarn
-A delicate amber/brown/mustard hued crystal and tree themed shrinky dink(?) charm bracelet with matching earrings!
-What Jillybeans termed a 'Clutter bracelet' made up of various green stones and tree shrinky dink (?) tree charms!
-A button/wood leaf bead charm bracelet with matching earrings...again, a very thoughtful item...Jillybeans knows why.  Kiss
-STUFFED TREES that are DECORATED WITH FACES and the season that matches them (i.e.-snow on the branches of the winter one, etc...)  They are ADORABLE and made so well!  I'm a preschool teacher and the students will LOVE these!
-An EPIC button tree that is FRAMED in a shadowbox, backed with cloud fabric!

And now, PICTURES (because Miss Barbara asked me to post them, and I love pictures so of course I will!)!

I'll start with a group shot (less the extras I added at the last minutes).  This is the only picture I took of the fleecy socks for some reason.

Aaaand the extras I added before I sent.

NOW, up close shots!  Yay!  (I had fun taking these, btw).

These are from a Martha Stewart paper punch.  Yeah, my hand really hurt after "punching all those owls" (I can hear my husband giggling from when I told him that).  I tried to punch as many different colors that I could, though.  ^_^

This bracelet is inspired by Miss Barbara's wist.  Now Im not sure of the chain, but I do believe its sterling silver.  Its been sitting in my jewelry tote for a long time in a little baggie waiting for something special.  The autumn colored beads are Swarovski crystal.  The tiny owl charms are made from shrinky dink paper that I stamped on little owls from a stamp set that I have.  I made matching earring to go along

Bonus picture, because I lurve me some pictures!

This bracelet was also inspired by an item on Miss Barbara's wist.  I made the tree charms out of shrinky dink paper and the rest of the beads are just my collection of beads.  So much chaos in one bracelet!  I call it a clutter bracelet!

Another bonus picture. 

To celebrate grandmas, I made a button bracelet from vintage buttons that were my great grandmas, with a few newer ones that Ive acquired added in (like the wooden leaves to make it more tree themed ^_^).  My great grandma was born in 1900 and lived through the great depression.  She saved everything.  So here is a little past to take for Miss Barbara to take with her on crafting journeys in the future.  And, of course, matching earrings!

Bonus picture!  Gotta love lilac trees.  They are in full swing here in the Lilac city of Spokane, WA.  I love walking outside and smelling them.  So wonderful.

Stuffie Trees that represent the four seasons!  (Again, inspired by her wist.  I became good friends with her wist).  They are made from fleece (including the leaves).  The snow is felt and the buds on the spring tree are little pom poms sewn on.  I did the tree form on the sewing machine and the rest is hand sewn on.

And a sock owl that I name Hootles.  Don't worry, Hootles is made from brand new socks (that I had in my sock animal box awaiting creation).

And of course, some more bonus pics!

And finally a framed button tree.  Again a mixture of new and vintage buttons from my great grandma. 

And that's it! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
lacey0828
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011 05:14:40 PM »

Wow, when Miss Barbara said EPIC, she totally was not kidding!!! What an amazing package. I don't even know what I can pick out to say is my favorite. I really didn't think I would like stuffy trees, but those are so awesome (and totally getting wisted). The shadowbox is so cool too. Love all the jewelry, and I really love how you took the pictures with the trees Smiley

Fantastic first swap Jillybeans!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nicoleburdsall

Happiness isn't good enough. I DEMAND EUPHORIA.

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011 05:43:09 PM »

That's an awesome package!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every single person has a secret that would break your heart. If we could just remember this, I think there would be a lot more compassion in the world."

50 things in 2012: List 6/50 Completed

Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/nicoleburdsall
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stylish Skirts In Sheer Fabrics
Victoria Beckham Designs Chic Denim
How to Dress for Your Hair Color: Brunette
Beyonce Debuts Her New Bob on Stage
Nasty Gal Designs Shoe Cult Collection
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...