A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,684
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pass the Parcel *Aussie Only* totally finished  (Read 6659 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nilmerg

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: May 18, 2011 04:45:55 AM »

Swap name: Pass the Parcel *Aussie Only*
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Nilmerg
Sign-up date range: Ongoing until 30th June 2011.
Date to send item by: Within 5 days of receiving.

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES
If so, which country? Australia

Additional Age requirement? No

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap along with express post tracking number: YES

Details of swap:

Hi all Aussie Craftsters, want to join a fun new swap? Come and join in with Pass the Parcel!  Low commitment, only 1 point of crafting involved, and the best thing is that a) you win EVERY time the parcel stops with you and b) you can play as many times as you like!!!!!

I have purchased a 500g Express post prepaid satchel and have stuffed it full of crafting supplies, whimsical items, and a 1 point (minimum) crafted item. Im going to post it on to the first person who sends me a completed questionnaire and is approved to join the swap. That person can keep anything (or everything) from the parcel. Then they must buy a new 500g express post prepaid satchel and refill it back to 500g again with any of the items that didnt appeal to you from the previous parcel and with fun, great and exciting new crafting & whimsical items from your own stash AND a 1 point crafted item. The parcel must be sent on within 5 days of receiving to the next person in the chain whose details I will be providing to them as soon as they are available. (Although it would be great if it could move more quickly than every 5 days  if possible!) 24/05/11 ETA: If you have access to a courier service that can deliver a 500g parcel as quickly and with the same trackability as Express delivery, then I am happy for you to use this alternative service as long as it is convenient for your partner - please check with them before you send (they may not be in during the day to accept the parcel and might find it easier to collect from a post office).

The 1 point (minimum) crafted item: Either craft something generic that you know someone in the chain will like OR using their questionnaire, you can try to craft specifically for the next person in the chain.
The supplies: Please do not use this as an excuse to get rid of all your unwanted items. It is not a fill a bag with trash swap. Make sure that the items that you put in are good quality and would appeal to other crafters. Do not fill the bag with all of one type of item (ie dont just fill it with balls of wool) make sure there is variety. Ideas for supplies: Fabric (Fat quarter or sets of squares), a ball of wool, set of buttons or beads, jewellery making supplies, whimsies,  stamps, stickers, scrapbooking paper or other scrapbooking supplies, embroidery threads, Needles, crochet hooks, stitch counters etc.
The time frame: The swap will run for approximately 6 weeks or until the chain runs out. If I receive no more requests for the parcel within 5 days of it being received by the last person then they will send it back to me finally ending the chain.
The parcel and its postage costs We are using a prepaid express post satchel. Here is some information about the product for those who are unfamiliar with it: http://auspost.com.au/business/express-post-products.html#satchels
It costs $AU$8.80 to buy and can be bought ahead of time (ie buy it on payday, so there is no issue with postage money when it comes round to your turn). Make sure you keep the sticky tab with the registered number along with your receipt for the satchel as proof of sending.
Making a second (or subsequent) claim: Since I already have all your details, all you need to do to make a subsequent claim is to PM me letting me know that you would like to play again!
Feedback Feedback can be issued as soon as your parcel has been received by the next participant so if you do not want to wait until the end of the swap / chain to get feedback then please message me.
Allergies and allergens It is going to be almost impossible to cater for people with severe allergies within this swap because of the nature of the pass the parcel element of it. If you have severe smoke /pet or any other allergy that could affect your enjoyment of this swap, then please seriously consider if it is a good idea to sign up. On the same note, could all pet owners and smokers ensure that the package leaves their home as smoke free, as pet hair free and as odour free as is humanly possible. If you are not able to check yourself, then get a friend to checkseriously I know someone who does this!

If you would like to participate and be added to the chain for the first time, then please complete this questionnaire and send it to me (Nilmerg). Do not reply with your personal details in this thread.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap Pass the Parcel *Aussie only*
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval: (YES/NO)

What are /is your main craft? (crochet / scrapbooking / embroidery etc)
What item / supplies would you most like to discover in the parcel you receive?(ie Fabric, Thread, wool, buttons, scrapbooking stickers?)
Do you have a wist / pintrest or similar where inspiration for the crafted item may be found?
(You might also want to check that you have a few small items on there that people might like to make for you)

Do you understand that you are required to have a recipt for the purchace of your express post 500g satchel AND the small sticker with the tracking number for the satchel as proof of postage? Yes / No
Do you understand that you must send quality items and not just 'clear out your trash'? Yes / No
Do you understand that good recieved and sent communication with your organiser is ESSENTIAL for this swap to work and agree to contact me with this information asap? Yes/no

Anything else you would like the organiser or your partner to know?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO NILMERG VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

Happy swapping....lets start this pass the parcel chain! ~ Nilmerg
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011 12:46:19 AM by nilmerg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nilmerg

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011 05:01:10 AM »

The Pass the parcel Chain:
1. Nilmerg
2. Schnerby
3. SilverMoon
4. Skittlebub
5. NatACT
6. KwiltyKate
7. Mod35tBabe
8. Tanza
9.  How Lovely
10. Melmakespretty
11. Bananabanana Welcome first time swapper  Grin
12. Sansa
13. Serenthia
14. Taniquel
15. Mod35tBabe - having a second go!
16. Purringcat
17. Silvermoon - having a second go!
18. boystress
19. Bananabanana - having a second go - so technically you are not a first time swapper anymore!
20. Nilmerg

Green = sent
Brown = Recieved
Purple = next link in chain has recieved
Red = broken chain - contact me ASAP
Strikethrough = feedback given

The gallery http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=380802.0

Edited 02/06/11
Ps - We have all states represented apart from NT - where are you NT swappers?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011 05:38:04 PM by nilmerg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011 06:08:11 AM »

Yay! I'm in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kwiltykate
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011 06:19:59 AM »

Will be sending my questionnaire in tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seereeoslee

Get 'em while they're young

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011 07:15:35 AM »

This is a really cool idea!  I've been reading about all the trouble you all have been having in other swaps with package not arriving for many weeks or even months.  I'll definitely be lurking around your gallery to see what's getting swapped around!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*  *  *  *  Swaps  *  *  *  *  Granny's Daughters Round 8 and a Half (time to buy more yarn)  *  *  *  *
when_im_sixty4
Perpetually awkward

Craft Big, Dream Bigger!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011 09:23:56 AM »

what a cool idea! have fun and I'm looking forward to seeing the gallery!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"[crafting] fills my days,
not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011 11:27:57 AM »

oh man, I wish I was in Australia!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skittlebub

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011 02:51:32 PM »

Will be filling out the questionnaire this morning
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
nilmerg

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011 04:26:40 PM »

OK, I think we have enough people in to start the chain. If you know of any other Aussie crafters don't forget to send them a PM and let them know that the swap is on, I've contacted a few, but I know there are more out there and I don't remember their names.

ETA: So I posted today, but living in regional NSW they don't guarantee next day delivery, so hopefully Schnerby will get the package tomorrow, or if worst comes to worst, maybe Monday. When it came to weighing the package, I was surprised how quickly it came to 500g. I still managed to get a fun selection in there though, well I think so anyway.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011 10:47:22 PM by nilmerg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011 06:48:07 AM »

What a clever idea. Have fun you guys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get Energized with Pete Cerqua
"Make Your Leadership Come Alive" Book Trailer
Author Wendy Lawless on Growing Up with Her Mother
Rebecca Serle on Her Novel "When You Were Mine"
Hannah Tunnicliffe on Her Novel "The Color of Tea"
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...