A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 305,437
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pass the Parcel *Aussie Only* totally finished  (Read 9192 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011 11:20:52 PM »

Knew exactly what I was going to make & I can't find the supplies for it  Angry So I'm assuming they must be in a moving box still. If I can't find them tomorrow I'll go get some more

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12

My little man - wrapped in mummy's craft :D

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011 12:47:21 AM »

Normally within Australia I use Fastway Couriers - it is surprising how much cheaper it is to send nationally using a fastway rather then Aus Post.

I have the 1kg pre paid bags which cost $5.45 each and include tracking and door to door collection and delivery.

I'm really getting disappointed in the prices Aus Post is charging for postage now days esp to the US, now that they charge $9 extra if the item is over a pound. Originally they said that they had dropped the price of postage to the US to accommodate this $9 Customs Inspection fee but that only lasted 2 or 3 months and they bumped the price right back up again.

Up for a Personal Swap?

Send me an email Cheesy
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011 01:43:27 AM »

Yeah the postage to the USA thing sucks. I really avoid sending to the US now because of it. I don't know what US customs are doing that could possibly cost $9.

I got my package from Nilmerg today. I just got in now and it was already here. I'm quite excited about all the fun stuff. I'll get mine on the way tomorrow. 
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011 01:43:40 AM »

Oooh, I like the sound of a 1kg bag, especially so much cheaper than Aus post Express 500g bags. Might have to get some of them for the next time I get an Australian swap partner.

Where do you buy them?

♥ Susan

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011 02:51:37 AM »

This sounds like fun! Hopefully it will still be going in a few weeks once school has calmed down.

Angel in the making....

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011 04:25:18 AM »

Ps - come one guys...we currently have 3 VIC, 1 NSW, 1 ACT and 1 SA! Where are the QLD's? NT? Surely we can even turn a craft swap into a bit of state rivalry!
hey what about WA? .......I feel all left out now.  Grin

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
How Lovely
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011 05:44:54 AM »

Yay nilmerg! This is great!!! So going to the post office to buy a bag tomorrow Smiley NatACT that sounds amazing! We'll have to do more Aussie swaps just so we can use them Smiley Especially if they deliver to the actual door, 6 times in the last two weeks the postie has forced parcels into my letter box, all were books and all are out of shape now and one he tore the cover, the 7th parcel he threw under the hedge!!! Sorry, thats my AusPost rant out of the way... Yay for an Aussie swap!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

I'm sweet... Like too much sugar in your tea
~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Pins: www.pinterest.com/howlovely
Store: www.etsy.com/shop/NostOWLgia
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011 06:35:27 AM »

I tried out SkippyPost for the first time this week, it's so much cheaper than AusPost. For what a 1.6kg box would cost me with Aus, I was able to send that box and 4 parcels weighing under 200gms. Not bad eh?

The prices to send to the US are ridiculous but if I keep it under 500g then it works out cheaper to send there than sending a 500g parcel to Europe. I was surprised by that actually.

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011 04:42:31 PM »

Sending on again today.

Check out the gallery. It has stuff in it now Smiley

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2011 10:24:19 PM »

I checked out NatACT's bags. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like you can send from them unless you live in a large centre. So not an option for country people like me. HOWEVER, I am happy for people to use alternative methods of shipping as long as they guarentee fast delivery AND are fully trackable (or at least as trackable as Express post). If you can save yourself a few dollars then please feel free to use an alternative service. I have altered the original sign up message to reflect this slight change).

(I'm pissed at AUPost too. they wanted $66 for me to send some baby clothes to my brother in the UK! I had to opt for sea shippping, $33 and 3-6 months delivery. Baby is due in October so I have my fingers crossed!)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011 10:28:09 PM by nilmerg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create the Blair Waldorf Hairstyle from "Gossip Girl"
DIY Hair Detox For Fuller Hair
Wig-Over With Sherri Shepherd
Wig Makeover With Sherri Shepherd
Hair Stylist for a Day Backstage at Thakoon Fall 2013 Runway Show
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...