rsu= right side up
rsd= right side down
rso= right side out
rst= right sides together
I have store bought display potholders and towels that I never use, because I like them to be pretty. I keep utility potholders in a drawer and use those because once they get yucky I just toss them.
1 large t-shirt ( old towels and flannel shirts work great too ) you can get 2 potholders out of a large sized tee.
1 pair of jeans or a denim shirt or cords
make a template 9x9 out of an old cereal box, use a thread spool to round the corners of the square.
1. Cut 4 pieces of denim and about 10 inches of a flatfelled seam, this will be the outside and the hanging loop of the potholder. Cute 8 squares out of the t-shirt
2. Put one piece of denim rsd and layer with 4 pieces of the t-shirt fabric ( if the denims super thick 3 pieces of tees enough ). Baste the tee fabric to the denim with a 1/4 seam. Trim the excess tee being careful not to cut the denim.
3. Take a 5 inch piece of the trimmed flatfelled seam make a loop and baste it to the corner of the right side of the denim and tee sandwich.
4. Take the leftover piece of denim and place it rst with the denim and loop piece. Pin all around and be sure to leave and opening.
5. Stitch with a 3/8 seam turn rso use a chopstick to poke out the corners and press well tucking in the opening.
6. Topstitch 1/4 inch from the edge and then from corner to corner.