A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News Announcement: Crafting your Halloween costume this year?  Enter it for a chance to win prizes!  Read the spooktacular details here.
Total Members: 308,401
Currently Running With Scissors:
412 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Nashville Predators Dress - My first post!!!!  (Read 2978 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: June 29, 2011 06:33:40 PM »

I've been a fan of the site for a while now, but I have yet to actually post anything. I've bookmarked tons of tutorials, but my first project was actually something ridiculously simple.

Background: I am a huge, I mean HUGE Nashville Predators hockey fan, and a season ticket holder. I wish I had more preds gear, but unfortunately, everything is always so expensive, not to mention the women's selection is usually not that extensive. SO, what's a girl to do? Make my own, of course. :-)

I just happened to go to Goodwill today. (I'm kind of obsessed with the $.99 day items), and found a cute plain navy blue wrap-type dress for just 99 cents! I tried it on, and almost didn't buy it because it was so plain. BUT I realized that it would be perfect with a preds logo on it. And I had iron on transfer sheets lying around waiting on me. SO...enough blabbering....here it is. :-). It only took an hour or so, and that was mostly because I printed on the wrong side of the transfer sheet...TWICE. hahaha...

Close up

Please excuse the messy mirror in the second photo. :-)
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011 02:48:32 AM »

Well done. Very neat and stylish.  The sabretooth came out very well.  Also no one else is going to be wearing one like that at the next match. Lovely job.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011 10:47:23 PM »

Thank you. :-). I know its not much, and it didn't require any true reconstruction...Haha...But its the only project in my head that I actually had time to do. Thanks again for the compliment...Hopefully Ill have more stuff to post soon!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011 06:04:49 AM »

Thats really cute! The sabre did some out really well!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011 08:59:07 PM »

oh my gosh. i was beginning to think i was the only hockey fan on here! aha
i love the dress. it's very cute Smiley
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011 09:57:20 PM »

oh my gosh. i was beginning to think i was the only hockey fan on here! aha
i love the dress. it's very cute Smiley

I'm so glad to hear from another hockey fan. :-). What is your favorite team? And if you want to see some amazing recons on hockey fanwear, you have GOT to check out TMLGirl, I think is her username. She's a Toronto Fan, but I LOVE some of the things she's made. And I plan on using it for inspiration for more homemade Preds gear. :-)

Thank you for the compliment, too. I'm going to wear my dress to the Skate of the Union next week. Yay!!

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011 08:45:30 PM »

i love my canucks<3 thank you preds, for being such nice hosts during this year's playoffs Cheesy
you're right, her stuff's great Smiley
aha have fun!! Smiley)
Crafty McCraftster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011 01:30:42 PM »

Cute! You will definitely stand out from all the jerseys and t shirts. And don't worry, I've printed images out on the wrong side multiple times.

P.S. I'm from Nashville, too. GO PREDS!
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011 06:00:44 AM »

Yeah!  I love this dress, almost as much as I love our Preds!  You'll have the camera guys going crazy when you wear this to a game.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.  John 13:34
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Vanilla Extract

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...