A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,471
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magnet Swap??  (Read 346 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MaxParadise
« on: May 16, 2011 09:50:32 PM »

So, I'm not entirely sure why, but for the past month or so I've been on a magnet
kick! I've received some pretty awesome magnets in some recent swaps and that's just helped to propel my magnet kick even farther, lol! So, I was wondering...would anyone be interested in a magnet swap?? This is what I had in mind:

It wouldn't be a super big swap; a small one. I'm thinking maybe 6 magnets? 5 can be centered around your partners likes/themes/interests/etc. The last one can be a magnet of your choice. I know marble magnets are (were?) popular, however they are kinda, sorta, easy to make so I was thinking 3-5 marble magnets would equal 1 magnet? Also should there be like a set rule that creativity is a must? I mean that, it is super easy to just print out pics or whatever of your partners themes/interests and stick them on some magnet backing. 1 or 2 would be okay, but I think people should stretch their imaginations a bit more than just that.

One more thing, if there is enough people interested in getting this swap going, would anyone be willing to organize (hopefully following most of what was just said/mentioned Smiley)?  If enough people want to do it and no one wants to organize I am totally willing, the only thing is I have an 8 month old son who keeps me mighty/insanely busy during the day so the only time I'd have to the any organizing would be after 10pm. Also, I'd have to keep the swap small, like maybe 10, just to insure I have enough time to give everyone in the swap my complete attention. Well, let me know what you all think! Happy crafting everyone! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
Crafty Butterfly

Everythin's shiny Cap'n

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011 06:48:06 AM »

There is a swap theme idea for 'fridge magnets'. There was a round not to long ago and they are thinking of starting another round. here's the link http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=377924.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MaxParadise
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011 12:36:50 PM »

Thanks! I'll check it out =).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photographing Big Cats
High Resolution Photography Part 1
Bowens Lighting
Printing Photographs
How to Buy a Bridge Camera
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...