A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,570
Currently Running With Scissors:
634 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dia de los Muertos / Mexican Folk Art Swap GALLERY (send outs 5/30)  (Read 19156 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RetroGypsy
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2011 01:35:21 PM »

Grin Thank you erica_tattoos!!!!! I couldn't swing it from my phone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
honeyd
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

warning: do not eat your fortune.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2011 03:04:04 PM »

I love all the parcels so far!!!

As Aisy mentioned we met up on Saturday at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in Manhattan (whew that's a mouthful!)  We had so much fun and are planning on setting up some monthly craft nights, thank you ERICA for partnering me up with such an awesome person!!

Now onto the photos!

the whole shebang!

She hand carved the skull on this altered tin.  I've never gotten one of these and it's awesome!  Even my aunt was super impressed.

And the inside is just as awesome!  She made me these lovely lip baums.  wow.  I've been using the Cotton Candy one all day yesterday and today.  I love the subtle tints she used, exactly my style!

She says her specialty are these awesome cake boxes!  I LOVE this one!  It fits perfectly in my room with my bright walls and funky style. 

Inside!  It's so bright and fun!!  Love it!!

She decorated my bag with this skull stamp and made this awesome cake for my Asian Ball Joint Dolls.  (The cake box is a really good size for them too!)

The bag (I was so impressed with the stamp colors)

This was awesome!!!  Her first embroidery!  I couldn't believe she decided to give it away, but I'm happy she did because I'll be making it into a pillow case!

Group shot with my little doll!

Aisy and I on the Met steps! 

THANK YOU!!!  I had such a good time in this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

erica_tattoos
« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2011 03:47:48 PM »

wow!!! the packages are coming hard and fast now!!! and they're all awesome!

no problem, Retro_Gypsy, glad i could help!

it's so cool that y'all were able to meet in person, aisy & honeyd! looks like you had a great day!

i'm in the process of trying to get everyone updated! please remember that even if you've posted pics in the gallery you still need to pm me to let me know you've received! i've spent all day with a checklist hunting thru the gallery trying to figure out who's received and who hasn't...

on the same note, if you have received and haven't posted pictures, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!?!?! we wanna see!!!!

and if your sendout is in limbo because of the postal strike business going on in canada; hang in there! we're with ya! no negative feedback will be given for delays that are due to postal tomfoolery, don't worry!

thanks to everyone for helping to make this swap awesome!

also, i will be heading out of town on from wednesday thru sunday. if any major emergencies come up, please contact nmcakemom07! otherwise, just shoot me a pm and i'll get to it as soon as i get back!

Cheesy erica
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FoxyMama
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

So many fabrics, so little time . . .

FoxyMama loves her FoxyBaby!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2011 06:50:59 PM »

I'm lovin' that Pulido Potter design and I have that same glittery girly skully fabric!  (It's one of my geekinesses - I get a kick out of recognizing fbaric that I have  Embarrassed)

Everyone's packages are so great!  I can't wait to get mine and dig in!

~Martha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In creating, the only hard thing's to begin; A grass-blade's no easier to make than an oak.
James Russell Lowell
RetroGypsy
« Reply #154 on: June 07, 2011 08:28:45 AM »

Wow - Wow!! Really heart that little red-headed painting that Aisy did and love that Pulido embroidery!! I've been wanting to stitch one of his designs up! The inspiration here is setting me en fuego!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
humboldtcherry

Marching to the beat of a different accordion

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 07, 2011 12:35:23 PM »

Muertos awesomeness! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

erica_tattoos
« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2011 03:14:29 PM »

okay, folks, it is officially 7 DAYS past ship date. if you haven't shipped yet, get busy! if your package is not in transit by this time next week, i am required to post at least temporary negative feedback until the situation is rectified! (canadians not included)  as i said before, i'll be leaving town tomorrow morning, but i'd like any of you who haven't sent for whatever reason (canadians yes included) to drop a pm and just let me know your status over the next couple days so that when i get back online on sunday i can see where we're all at!

thanks!
-erica
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RetroGypsy
« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2011 03:52:48 PM »

I exchanged PM's with Christie_Ann today and she is still out of town...will post pics of her muerto yummynmess when she gets back home  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kiwi-Chickie

I am a hippy at heart...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2011 05:51:54 PM »

Posting my awesome goodies!

An awesome hair clip, which I had to wear the moment I opened it!

AN awesome coffee cup (which my daughter has stolen from me, lol) I am in serious love with the coffin box with the buddha, he sits at my crafting desk to inspire me now!

and the most epic diaper bag ever! (why yes I think this makes me the cool mom now, lol)

all and all a totally awesome swap, and now I'm worried my package wasn't as awesome as all this
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missmlissa
« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2011 06:48:09 PM »

That diaper bag is the bee's knees.  I wish I could snatch it off the screen.  And is it weird that I love Calavera Harry's glasses?  I really admire your perfect stitches Erica!

Well my partner KatFish has been really busy with work and was having trouble with Craftster photo uploading so she's asked me to post pics of what I sent her.

Her wist has a definite psychobilly theme to it so I made her a Mr. and Mrs. Frankenstein shrine.  A Catrina pincushion that was mentioned earlier on in the gallery.  The pattern can be found here on Craftster.  A sugar skull thimble and needle threader and I also sent her a couple of buttons that seemed to go along with the theme of the shrine and a set of stickers that I also noticed earlier in the gallery.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Basic Supplies for Face Painting
How to Face Paint a Christmas Tree Tattoo
How to Create a Collage for Your Face Painting Work
How to Load Your Face Paint Brush
How to Use Glitter in Face Painting
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...