A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,342
Currently Running With Scissors:
634 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dia de los Muertos / Mexican Folk Art Swap GALLERY (send outs 5/30)  (Read 25300 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

missmlissa
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2011 07:44:44 AM »

Michael Miller also makes some really cool Sugar skull fabric.  There was one store around me that had the Alexander Henry stuff for about a year and a half but not anymore.  Not when I needed it and it was a little too pricey for me to buy "just because".  Go figure. Your best bet is probably to buy it online.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
whitterp
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2011 12:07:35 PM »

It also helps just to really search the fabric store yourself for what you're looking for.  When I went to Joann's and asked for 'Day of the Dead' fabric, the employee's response was:  "Isn't that the name of that old rock band?"  Well, DUH!  Lips sealed

haha! I described some sugar skull fabric I'd seen and the lady at mine said: "Oh I don't think so. My daughter used to be into all that goth stuff, but we don't really carry that here"

*sigh* that's what I get for being in the south!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pixiefirefly
In and out of consiousness

Life can be so random

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2011 06:53:21 PM »

It also helps just to really search the fabric store yourself for what you're looking for.  When I went to Joann's and asked for 'Day of the Dead' fabric, the employee's response was:  "Isn't that the name of that old rock band?"  Well, DUH!  Lips sealed

haha! I described some sugar skull fabric I'd seen and the lady at mine said: "Oh I don't think so. My daughter used to be into all that goth stuff, but we don't really carry that here"

*sigh* that's what I get for being in the south!

I saw last weekend at Joann's they still have some different styles here on the shelves. There's another fabric store here that has it all the time too. Maybe just because it's southern CA? I don't know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fabricfriend
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2011 07:10:22 PM »

my joann's usually has it over with the pictorial fabric-like where the cat and dog fabric is at.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
H00lie
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2011 07:58:03 PM »

Prepare to be jealous!! nmcakemom sent me so much awesome stuff, it had to come in 2 boxes!  Cheesy

Let's dive right in shall we?!
First up, an awesome shrine filled with all sorts of Hello Kitty goodness!
(outside)

(inside)

Beautiful wall art with the fabulous Bettie Page!

Skully pillow!!! (I actually squee'd when I saw this, lol)

Pretty painted tin box!

This is probably my favorite piece!! This is soooooooo cool!  My own Dia de los Muertos painted Pretty Pony!!  Look..it even has my name on it!  Grin

Extras!  Grin I was so excited about the sugar skull mold!  The kids and I have wanted to try making our own!

Even MORE extras!!  Cheesy Oh, yeah, I was super spoiled!!!

Thank you so much for such an awesome swap!! I adore everything!!!  You totally rock!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2011 08:52:44 PM »

WOW! Love that shrine and the tin box! And the pony...genius! Excellent stuff here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nmcakemom07

All this acting normal is EXHAUSTING!!!!

« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2011 08:55:13 PM »

So glad everything got there and that you are enjoying it.  I have to admit, living in New Mexico kind of gave me an unfair advantage.  One I took full advantage of. Cool

This swap has been awesome all around.  Who's ready for round 2?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Given a cape, tiara and a strong cup of coffee, yeah, I could rule the world.

my pinterest: http://pinterest.com/nmcakemom07/
erica_tattoos
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2011 09:12:47 PM »

Shocked Shocked :oawesome haul! i like the shrine (even tho i must confess i don't have the sanrio bug) and the totally cute tin box and the pony! and ooooooooohhhhhhhhh the extras!!!!  man unfair advantage cakemom! i was daydreaming all thru the swap about when i lived there and in texas and could run to any lil tienda and buy a jumbo pack of loteria cards for a buck or two..... here - not so much!  Undecided

haha i guess i forgot to respond to your pm, nmcakemom - yes we def gotta do round two but first i gots ta catch my breath!!!  maybe late summer or early fall? i've got a couple sweet ideas for some other swaps i wanna do too.....  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pixiefirefly
In and out of consiousness

Life can be so random

« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2011 09:21:07 PM »

Awesome! I so remember being able to get sopaipillas with honey or the stuffed ones like sandwiches in Abq when I lived there. I miss those and being able to get green chilies on everything.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xTroublex
Dharma bum

Fly or fall

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2011 09:27:56 PM »

I got my package today, pictures later.  I'm exhausted, long stress filled day of driving a truck ~45 min with bad breaks.  Ugh

But yay package!

Love the pony!  And super jealous of the sugar skull mold, I've been coveting one of those for years!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Bib Necklace
Farm Themed Crafts Using Stencils
Decoupage Crafts and Techniques: Fabric to Fabric
Decoupage Crafts and Techniques: Fabric to Fabric Waterproof Finish
How to Etch a Monogram on Glass
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...