A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,703
Currently Running With Scissors:
758 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dia de los Muertos / Mexican Folk Art Swap GALLERY (send outs 5/30)  (Read 19320 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

erica_tattoos
« Reply #240 on: June 17, 2011 09:43:54 PM »

okay folks, prepare yourself for more lanikins awesomeness! i've been kinda down and stressed a bit the last couple weeks, and this package really made my day - i should have had it posted yesterday, but i've been insanely busy!

the whole spread:

a closeup of my sweet sweet Gato de los Muertos:

*I will name him Jorge, and I will hug him and squeeze himand pat him and pet himand rub him and caress him and he will be mine, my Jorge!!....* Grin

and this is totally awesome and really thoughtful....

what is it, you ask? it's a....... pet-proof-pincushion!!!

also portable! i can throw this badboy in my craft bag and haul it along without worrying where all my pins will end up! and wanna know something even more cool? that skeleton-lady brooch in there? (it's under glass, btw, you just can't see that in the photo) that's not the one we've all got pinned/wisted on our boards! Lani carved (sculpted?)  that one herself!!! is that amazing or what? i never would have guessed if she hadn't told me!

AND a mad stash of mexicandy in a sweet lil handmade ddm bag - AAAANND a lil dead-gal-brooch-ring! so cute!

and okay, are you ready for this? my favoritest thing of all?!?!?

this awesome lil booklet here, which when i first pulled it out of the box i thought.... a journal?
and then i opened it..... found a mad stash of loteria awesomeness......

and a note telling me to do THIS!!!!

ahhhh........ my kindle is so warm and happy and cozy in its lovely new home!!!

thank you so much, Lanikins! you have been an awesome partner and i just can't say enough how much i love everything!!! you're the best!!! Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ivoryh1632
« Reply #241 on: June 17, 2011 10:05:31 PM »

Oh.....my.......god .....That is the most amazing package ever! I love everything!

And I'm sooooo using that idea for a pet-proof/kid-proof/travel-proof pin cushion, seriously a stroke of genious......plus I've always wanted an excuse to buy one of those cute little glass top boxes I always see at hobby lobby  Tongue Oh! and wood is 40% off this week (well through tomorrow, if I can make it there) double bonus!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

erica_tattoos
« Reply #242 on: June 17, 2011 10:37:50 PM »

i have completed everyone's feedback - however! lemme point a few fingers since i've just browsed back thru the gallery! Wink kristl - peer pressure's on you! we'd all love to see what miss kyerinn has made for you! would you pretty please post up some pics for us to see at your earliest convenience?   and deathrocker15 - if at all possible, we'd love to see a few more pics of what miss barbara sent you! in one of the 2 pics you posted, everything was still in wrappers, and in the other pic it was kinda dark - i'd like to get a closer look at the goods!
and ZombriNation - i know you're having camera troubles at the mo - but when you get that straightened out, it's never too late to post a few pics! that papercutting was so awesome i'd LOVE to get a glimpse of the rest of what fairygoodthings made for you!  and to everyone else - if y'all end up taking closer shots of something you've already posted, or catch a good action shot of something you scored here in use, drop back by and share! everyone who uses the "replies to your posts" button will get to see your goods in action no matter how long you wait to post! maybe i'm a bit of an exhibitionist, but i'd say at least some of the satisfaction i get from swapping is when everyone else on the board gets to see what i've been up to! be a good sport and don't deny that to your partner!

okay, y'all! i guess that makes it official! we are officially done with this swap! thanks to you all so much for participating, and for making my first time organizing so awesome! we had a couple withdrawals, but that was outside of their control, but NO FLAKES!!! i'm so proud! thank you so much to everyone again, you've been an amazing group! i'm thinking i'll do a round 2 in the fall - i'll post here when i'm ready, hopefully i'll be seeing you all again!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gingerpeachy
Will swap for knitted hexi-puffs (beekeepers quilt) or heart-shaped buttons

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #243 on: June 17, 2011 11:26:02 PM »

I love this gallery! I hope there is another dia de los muertos swap sometime soon.  Super sad that I missed this one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly known as Sinellia.

Check out my new crafty blog! gingery peachy
fairygoodthings
« Reply #244 on: June 18, 2011 09:22:56 AM »

I love this gallery! I hope there is another dia de los muertos swap sometime soon.  Super sad that I missed this one!

Me too! Now that it's over, I keep finding little things that would've been awesome to use with this theme!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Sarah
I'm BoonzaierBabe on Ravelry, feel free to add me!
http://www.wists.com/fairygoodthings84
https://pinterest.com/bttrflykiss621/
smushisweetbaboo

Anything worth keeping I inevitably give away...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #245 on: June 18, 2011 02:17:39 PM »

definitely up for another round with this group. Erica, you are an awesome swap leader and once I've settled in from the move and have my craft stuff reorganized and accessible, expect a thank you gift for the awesome stash you sent me!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kyerinn
Maker of Things

"In my darkness, I make light." - kyerinn

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #246 on: June 18, 2011 06:59:54 PM »

This gallery was really inspired, I loved it all! Thanks so much, erica_tattoosGrin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself."
-Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead

Current swaps:
"Craft my Character" swap

Wist - http://www.wists.com/kyerinn
Etsy - http://www.rogueposy.com
..<3..
RetroGypsy
« Reply #247 on: June 18, 2011 08:12:41 PM »

Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Erica, thank you soooooo much for organizing such a great swap!! This was my first and has gotten me rolling on to swap happinessdom! I would love to join in the fall if you go for round 2!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
erica_tattoos
« Reply #248 on: June 19, 2011 07:50:59 AM »

OH MY GOSH!!!!   i am soooooo embarassed!!!  Roll Eyes Shocked Roll Eyes Shocked Roll Eyes Shocked Roll Eyes

somehow i overlooked that JPea's package hasn't yet arrived - i think because she posted pics for mamaedgar and i must've gotten confused and had it in my mind she'd posted pics of her own package or something.....

blah blah blah - ANYWAY!!!!!  we're not done here yet!!!! we've got one package left we're waiting to arrive, and i absolutely can't wait to see what's in it! it's like realizing you've got one last piece of cake left in the fridge you'd forgotten was there! suh-weeeeeeeeeet!!!!!

and i'm so sorry, JPea, i'm gonna try to pull my head outta my butt now......  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JPea
« Reply #249 on: June 19, 2011 07:59:16 AM »

Hey Erica, don't worry! You have a lot on your mind at the mo.  I just hope the package is safe and not lost somewhere! We'll track it down and i will let you guys know when it arrives

JPea
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nothing handmade is ever perfect
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Jenny Han Talks About Her New Novel the Summer I Turned Pretty
Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen on You: Having a Baby
Bestselling Author Jerome Corsi Talks About His New Book America for Sale
Author Ethan Watters Discusses Crazy Like Us
Bestselling Author Brandon Mull on the Fablehaven Series
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...