A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: **Entry period extended to May 20!** From concerts to musicals and more, what events inspire YOU?  Craft and enter for a chance to win a chunk of over $500 in prizes from Ticketmaster this month!  Enter now through MAY 20.  Good luck, Craftsters!!
Total Members: 309,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Duct Tape Dress In Less Than A Week...  (Read 3061 times)
Tags for this thread: duct_tape_crafts  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DuctTapeRockStar
Maowzers.

Maowzers.

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2011 07:57:05 PM »

Okay, so today one of the higher-ups at work told me that this Saturday (the 21st), there's an ABC (Anything But Clothes) party she's going to...So after coming up with completely outrageous outfits (corn husks, make a giant Shake costume...etc), we decided upon duct tape. After work we went over to Wal-Mart and we decided that just duct tape isn't a great idea, so we found a dress that would be okay and went off to buy duct tape.
Okay...I know that duct tape and cottony fabric aren't exactly the best of friends (they'll stick together, but they don't really want to, like the hems, how'll that work?)
So, here's a picture of the basic dress...

It's not really stretchy, the back is shirred but it's basically stretched completely when she wears it (/tit envy) so I was thinking if I layered the duct tape over it whilst stretched and maybe add like a zipper?
Also, she wants the skirt to be striped diagonally (which will be fun!) with 4 different colors, any suggestions?
Also, this is the best picture I can find of her (yay for Facebook creeping).

Any suggestions of how to do this? I have to have it done by Saturday and I work Tuesday thru Friday after school and won't get home till like 8, so that will be fun!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011 08:00:50 PM by DuctTapeRockStar » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Greatness is more than potential. It is the execution of that potential. Beyond the raw talent. You need the appropriate training. You need the discipline. You need the inspiration. You need the drive."

~ Eric A. Burns
leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011 08:32:22 PM »

I made a bee costume by duck taping all over a dress, the tape stuck pretty well I thought.   Is she just going to wear it once?   Maybe do all the duck tape on the skirt and front bit, and then have her put it on and then finish the back where the shirring is. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design a Cartoon Pig
How to Do a Pokemon Drawing
How to Create a Cartoon Fish
How to Practice Drawing Bulldog
How to Draw a Duck
Latest Blog Articles
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug
Road Trip!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...