A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Headphone Sleaves la engrafted  (Read 8754 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Zero Cool
"The two patterns, art and craft, were welded together."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2007 01:11:33 AM »

Everyone's headphone sleeves look grand, I'll be adding this to my list of things to make. Looks like a quick project and will probably only use a little bit of yarn, it's a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babukatorium
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010 02:39:18 PM »

What a creative idea! @;)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MistyJess
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2011 12:08:45 PM »

I made these! I used four stitches around in a spiral, and a thinner yarn... I did try with the three stitches with thicker yarn, but since I'm a beginner at crochet, I was having a very hard time with inserting the hook. This took longer, I'm sure, but I think it looks neat.

I used embroidery floss to re-mark the left and right earbuds after I covered that part up.

Thanks for the gift idea for my friend... Her cats mercilessly eat her headphones, and they can even get into drawers to get them!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissCraftyFingers
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011 06:46:00 PM »

such a great idea! my earphone wires get crummy like dirty because i don't use a case for anything Tongue lol this will be awesome to hide those ugly greyish marks on my white earphones. lol thanks for sharing! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fugzilla
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2011 11:35:33 PM »

:-/ idk why a person needs these, but I now want to make some lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
feelingabitstitchy
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2011 03:42:07 PM »

could you explain a bit more clearly how to do this? i love the way these look, but i just don't get it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shelly_bean
Sad is mine, go get your own pretend emotion.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2011 05:38:50 PM »

so i know this is an old post and all, but I am dying to know how you did this, I like the look of the rope but can't figure out how to do it? Tutorial anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I read too much, crochet too much and have too much yarn.. I say my life is perfect.
my blog: http://rosebud-productions.blogspot.com/
Prophecy Draig
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2011 11:36:21 AM »

I think you'd just chain 3 and then slipstitch into the first stitch around the cord. Then just spiral away happily in sc around the cord all the way up to the 'v', then increase by one in each stitch so you have 6 stitches.
Then sc in every stitch for one round(6 sc), Sc twice and instead of continuing around, sc into the stitch across from the one you're in, so you're dividing the tube in half, and continue up one side of the cord.
I think if you finished off and pulled the tail tight through the top stitches around the earbuds it'd grip more?
After finishing off the first cord, join again at the 'v' and repeat what you just did.
Don't know if this is more clear but I hope it helps Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shelly_bean
Sad is mine, go get your own pretend emotion.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2011 03:25:04 PM »

I think you'd just chain 3 and then slipstitch into the first stitch around the cord. Then just spiral away happily in sc around the cord all the way up to the 'v', then increase by one in each stitch so you have 6 stitches.
Then sc in every stitch for one round(6 sc), Sc twice and instead of continuing around, sc into the stitch across from the one you're in, so you're dividing the tube in half, and continue up one side of the cord.
I think if you finished off and pulled the tail tight through the top stitches around the earbuds it'd grip more?
After finishing off the first cord, join again at the 'v' and repeat what you just did.
Don't know if this is more clear but I hope it helps Wink
I'm having the issue with the spiral around the cord. That's where I get lost. I ch3 slip stitch and then when I try to sc around it kinda starts twisting and giving me a weird look. Maybe I just need to keep practicing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I read too much, crochet too much and have too much yarn.. I say my life is perfect.
my blog: http://rosebud-productions.blogspot.com/
nisforneville
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

N is for Neville who died of ennui

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2011 11:52:55 AM »

My headphone cord gets tangled all of the time. I am so doing this! Love the color you used too. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps, just ask!

http://www.pinterest.com/nisforneville/wishlist/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Digital Makeup - Lenoir Lashes - Part 3
Rembrandt Lighting in Photoshop
More Hair Stuff for Photoshop
Selectively Colorize an Image Part 2
Digital Makeup - Lenoir Lashes - Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!
Meatless Monday: Marinated Pasta Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...