A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 304,849
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Great Chainmaille Swap!! [[Sendouts 8/30/11]]  (Read 11434 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2011 11:52:20 PM »

I've tried just about every illustration, video, tutorial, etc I could get my hands on to learn HP 3-1 and I can't do it. Hell I've even tried stabbing pins into hard foam and weaving it with that to hold it in place and it still falls apart..... ; w ;
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
Jaeliyah
« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2011 09:04:08 AM »

There should be, like, a "What am I doing wrong?" forum for maillers where you could post pictures or videos or something of pieces you're working on and people familiar with the weave can point out the fatal errors.

Also, it helped me to learn with rubber rings.  One of the things I was doing wrong was I kept weaving rings into each other that should've been parallel to each other.  That helped me because I couldn't weave the rubber rings into each other, and I knew the metal ones would only be going through the rubber ones.  If that makes sense.  Forgive me.  I've only had one cup of coffee.  So far.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011 09:12:28 AM by Jaeliyah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Distant_Twilight
Code Monkey

Creativity is creativity. There is nothing like it

« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2011 10:13:04 AM »

Hey!

I`ve started some mailling. My roommate`s friends are jealous of what I`ve started so far.

I won`t be on this week. Stupid midterms and a wedding I`m in.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist!!- http://www.wists.com/Distant_Twilight
Will not be returning to craftster until I can get my anxiety under control. Thank you for all the supportive people I have met here!
ceemonster
Eccletic Crafter

« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2011 11:58:46 AM »

Still here! Made my trip to Joanns so I think I FINALLY have everything I need...

... which is good because ugh, I am dropping $2000 on dental work tomorrow since I need a root canal (and cap) but do not have insurance. MAJOR UGH. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cate

http://pinterest.com/ceemonster/
Private Swap Friendly
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2011 01:47:46 PM »

-_____- I'm getting a headache because one of my aunt's dogs is in the room with me trying to get my cheese, knock down my laptop and get me to let her out into the back yard to chase a squirrel. She keeps barking and whining and it's giving me a headache. -_- This is a good reason why I go out everyday. I don't have to deal with the dogs...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
Crafty Butterfly

Everythin's shiny Cap'n

« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2011 07:11:32 PM »

oops 10 days since I last checked in. I'm still alive. I've decided that making the jump rings is goign to be too hard and i don't have the right equipment to make them. I checked out my local Michaels craft store and was pleased to see they had a reasonable collection of different sizes and colors of jumprings. I've been doing some stalking this evening and going over messages to figure out what I should get. I hope to get at least a pack of jump rings tomorrow and get started.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FaerieCyn
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2011 08:38:21 PM »

I hate that I love the little packs of jump rings from Wal Mart. (I got a pretty new tackle type box to put all my links in) and they've worked their way into my usual stash. They're actually stronger then some of the links I bought from Michaels which were designed for Chain Maille. They range from stupid tiny (which I've already made a ring out of) to pretty decently sized and they're only 2.00 for 250 of um! They also come in neat metals colors (silver, gunmetal, brass and copper)

*end rant* 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm an Unseelie pixie with a big imagination and access to thrift stores.
 My Wist: http://www.wists.com/FaerieCyn
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2011 08:57:23 PM »

oops 10 days since I last checked in. I'm still alive. I've decided that making the jump rings is goign to be too hard and i don't have the right equipment to make them. I checked out my local Michaels craft store and was pleased to see they had a reasonable collection of different sizes and colors of jumprings. I've been doing some stalking this evening and going over messages to figure out what I should get. I hope to get at least a pack of jump rings tomorrow and get started.

Yay! I'm starting soon too. I have all my supplies, just finishing up another swap that's due this week. My mom works for the phone company, in the building where all the phone lines/etc are hooked up to machines, so I've been taking wire from there since I was little for my craft projects. Smiley I found a stash of it the other day (it's enamel-coated copper) and I'm excited to see if it works for an item or two. It's very colorful! I also bought some rings at Michael's and I have an abundance of other wire as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2011 11:20:11 PM »

Actually, a pair of wire cutters and a screw driver is all I use to make rings lol.

I'm working on an item for the WWP swap but while it's drying I think I'll do some chainmaille.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scarlet_nights
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2011 12:12:32 PM »

Still alive too. I love the jumprings from walmart too. They are pretty much all I can afford to use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Your Own Prom Up-Do
Blake Lively Inspired Hair Tutorial
Learn How to Add Texture to Your Hair
Get a Modern Take on Veronica Lake Waves
Behind The Scenes of The Project Runway Transformations
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...