A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 305,731
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 7 -- Summer 2011 Gallery!  (Read 24662 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amnesia
« Reply #280 on: August 17, 2011 04:45:54 PM »

I received a suuuuper cute package #3 from EdenKitty and I'm finally getting a chance to get pictures up...she's been such an awesome partner and there have been so many cute suprises!  So, the package included a wishlist-inspired embroidery piece (OMG, so charming!):

..and an explosive felting kit (with a note on the box that the contents were under pressure... so cute!)

She sent more of her gorgeous hand-spun yarn (the photo doesn't do this justice.. it's got shiny flecks in it and the color is so gorgeous and variegated)

And cute earrings... an awesome hair clip.. fun stickers and extras.. Smiley YAY!

..and last but not least, a super fun summer headband with the cutest flip flop on the side:

Thank you so much EdenKitty for an awesome swap experience!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lacey0828
« Reply #281 on: August 17, 2011 09:39:09 PM »

I received from Casey1201!!!!

PACKAGE 3

A wonderfully beautiful patchwork skirt. It looks like it took tons of time to make and I absolutly love it!

Here is what I sent her.
A 2 sided quilt, one side is underwater and the other is land.

Thank you Casey for a fabulous swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iliveonarainbow
« Reply #282 on: August 18, 2011 09:35:04 AM »

Alright, I received from Ashley G. a while ago, sorry I haven't posted pics yet!
She sent a wonderful package!

First, she sent my some gum (I'm addicted... lol) There is a pack of orbit and a BIG thing of Juicy Fruit that is not pictured because my bf stole it.  Roll Eyes Also in the pic is some adorable buttons (I LOVEEEE buttons!!)

She sent a clay starter kit, which is amazing! I am so in love with this roller!

And lastly an item inspired by one on my wist (isn't it great when you can finally delete something from your wist Smiley )

The pictures do not do it justice, it is gorgeous! I will have to find the perfect place to hang it in my craft room!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
faeriegirl
« Reply #283 on: August 21, 2011 10:44:49 PM »

PACKAGE 3 Received[/b]

I stomped my feet when the parcel van drove straight past my house and she must have heard because she turned around and came back bringing me a super awesome spoily package #3 from Karwash !!!
 i feel so lucky ! thanks Kara !

so here is what we scored . . .

a cute popup card it said "dont be crabby" on the front and inside a pop up crab and a pressed penny from california science centre !
LOTS of yummy treats ! hersheys hugs AND kisses, twizzlers  and mini chewy sweetarts ! YUMMMM !
not just that but a great book for my kids we have never seen elephant and piggie before but we LOVE them and two puppets (omg are these hand painted?) Shocked

not one but TWO !!! AMAZING crochet hats one for my big boy and one (was supposed to be) for me - but cheeky faerie has claimed it (for now)
I LOVE THESE KARA ! you are amazing !!
she even sent my daughter this gorgeous faerie stone in a special box !

AND wrote a special card for each of my children with their names on front and a gorgeous drawing inside !!!

BUT WAIT ! there's more !

she even made this most fantastic zombie scarf off my wists !!!

Cheesy huge grins !  it has made my day/week/month ! thanks Karwash ! I am so glad we are friends !!!

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011 10:46:36 PM by faeriegirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
A2JC4life
« Reply #284 on: August 22, 2011 04:24:53 AM »

I stomped my feet when the parcel van drove straight past my house and she must have heard because she turned around and came back bringing me a super awesome spoily package #3 from Karwash !!!

Cheesy  That so funny!

Great package; I love the hats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bellyjewel

"Holy haberdashery!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #285 on: August 23, 2011 08:03:21 PM »

the #3 packages are so great I'm starting to worry about the one I sent off
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm interested in personal swaps just pm me

my pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bellyjewel/
whats_her_name
« Reply #286 on: August 31, 2011 09:55:37 AM »

Parcel #3 received from Onyxnox!

First, I'd like to apologize to our organizer and to my partner for being soooooooooooooo late in both sending parcel #3 AND in posting these pesky pictures!  Life kinda took over the end of August on me and I got busier than I've been in quite some time...  So I am sorry and I hope you don't think ill of me....  Cry

Anyway, my parcel #3 was AWE-SOME!!!  Smiley  Really looking forward to playing around with these goodies!  Supplies are always exciting to me - ALWAYS!

So first up is a DIY Stencilling kit complete with printed instructions, hobby knife, cutting mat, freezer paper, fabric medium and mixing jars, and an awesome Eric bag (love True Blood).  Not only that, but a great True Blood notebook, too - I can hardly wait to try my hand at stenciling!!

Next is this cute cute cute WIP bag, with matching crochet hook roll and wristband pincushion.  So cute!!

Inside the WIP bag, were these goodies!  Some nice yarn and some sewing notions.  Smiley  I'm not too sure what to make with the yarn yet, but you'd better believe I'm gonna check out ravelry and figure it out!!

And last but not least, some very thoughtful extras.  Some gorgeous organdy flowers with freshwater pearls in the centre  to use as I see fit.  I think I might do a headband or two for my daughter with these, and maybe put the rest on a nice handmade blouse or dress.  Also some embellished bobby pins (so cute!) and finally some chocolate covered berries -- my partner was being respectful of my weight loss journey and these treats were SO thoughtful - I REALLY appreciate them!!  (And I've already had a couple bags, what is shown is just what is left - very yummy treats and they don't send me over the deep end in calories, and they are full of beneficial antioxidants, to boot!).  Smiley

So thank you partner, for everything in all 3 wonderful parcels.  I appreciate everything so very much and I had a lot of fun!!!  Your parcel should be there by the weekend, and I'm really hoping you like everything.  And again, I do apologize for being so pokey with parcel #3.   Embarrassed
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011 09:57:55 AM by whats_her_name » THIS ROCKS   Logged

aheartofglass
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #287 on: September 01, 2011 11:27:42 AM »

Hey! I'm kinda tickeled that part of my Package 3 to Ewulotta is a "featured project" on the Glass boards!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=389709.0

it was inspired by a paper version on her wists - mine is made of glass and dichoric decals.

anyway - just excited and had to share!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster keeps the whimsey in my life!
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #288 on: September 09, 2011 04:09:29 PM »

I got my package from what's_her_name earlier in the week - she made me a pair of scrubs and sent me the pattern to make my own, and a whole box load of papercrafting supplies - love the stamps and am eager to try the dies.

I wore the top already on Wednesday and got so many compliments from my coworkers - they love the pattern and fabric.

Thank you so much - it was totally worth the wait!

Sorry for the wrinkles, I took the picture after wearing it to work, and DH threw it in the hamper before I took pics.

The pattern pieces for the scrubs to make my own

Papercutting dies, and adorable Halloween stamps

More gorgeous stamps - I have some ideas for these and some new things I am trying

An elegant portable office/organizer set - so pretty!

Thank you so much - I had so much fun making and receiving from you.  This was a lovely swap, and I am looking to the Holiday Edition coming up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
whats_her_name
« Reply #289 on: September 10, 2011 06:23:55 AM »

I wore the top already on Wednesday and got so many compliments from my coworkers - they love the pattern and fabric.

Thank you so much - it was totally worth the wait!

Thank you so much - I had so much fun making and receiving from you.  This was a lovely swap, and I am looking to the Holiday Edition coming up!

I'm so happy that it fits and that your co-workers even noticed!  Smiley  I hope you enjoy using the pattern - before you do, keep in mind that I sometimes missed adding some of the markings on my freezer paper copy and then I'd just do it as I was cutting out instead.  I've sewn enough that that worked for me, but you might want to open up the original pattern to compare before you start making your own and fix the freezer paper copy up a bit.  I know I missed a handful of markings...

And I hope you have a ton of fun with the stamps!  You can go to SplitCoastStampers.com and look up pretty much any one of those stamp sets in the gallery for about a million ideas for cards. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Blowout Hairstyles
African American Hair: Mohawk Hairstyle, Foxy Rihanna Mohawk
Hair Highlighting Tips - Aftercare
Highlighting Part Hair and Applying Color
How to Prepare for Hair Highlighting
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...